Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Gulf of Papagayo
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Beautiful property. We stayed in a two bedroom residence which was very roomy. the rooms are immaculate. The service throughout the resort is excellent. Food in the restaurants on the property was very good. It doesn't get mch better than this.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This place was a lot of fun! The food is great, the pools are nice, it is safe, worry free and they offer many activities to choose from. Overall I had a really great time, I only have two complaints. One is that the activity pamphlet had a lot of mistakes and activities kept getting cancelled for no reason it seemed. My last complaint is one that really got me very upset though. As it is well known, this is no cheap hotel and the prices on everything are kind of crazy, but as I was shopping in the store with my sister I had one very bad experience. My sister was looking at the rings and I was looking at different coffee flavors to buy, I turned my back to leave and so does my sister and the female employee taps her on the shoulder. We both turn around and in her hand is a ring that is broken in half, she says "you broke this, so pay, I saw you step on it then kick it to the side". This is completely untrue and we explain, very politely that nothing of that sort happened, then she got very rude and demanded we pay, insisting she watched it happen. Finally after we again politely explained that she was mistaken she got angry told us to "just forget it and stop
touching things". I am 100% sure my sister did not break that ring. The employee was unbelievably unprofessional and rude, it really left a sour taste in my mouth for the rest of that nighy. However, the majority of staff were so friendly and helpful and sweet that I ended up not really feeling too angry about the one sour apple employee. The coffee was also one of the best parts! Overall this hotel was a lot of fun and I would definitely suggest it to my friends and family!

• Stayed: February 2013
FSCos, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to know that your stay was not perfect, and have already forwarded your comments to the store managers. This is something that we deeply regret happened and appreciate you bringing to our attention. I am glad to read that your overall stay and experience was a fun and great one and we are looking forward to your next stay with us – this time try our Burger Shack and Miniature Golf – lots of fun. Pura Vida, Pascal General Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2013

An awesome experience... The four seasons is self-contained, beautiful and provided the high standard of service -- without exception -- that has made the brand famous. The guests are all relaxed and the staff are always close to ensure your stay is uniquely excellent. One of the best things about the property is the "nature hike" that each day brought us very close to different species of monkeys in their natural habitat. They were inquisitive and abundant. We did not bring our children (boys, ages 7 and 8) but will return so that our sons can see the monkeys. It is great entertainment and exercise. The property itself is relatively new and in pristine shape. The pool and beach areas are excellent and the food -- we tried all the restaurants -- was consistently outstanding. The only downside (and perhaps this is actually a positive) is that the property by virtue of its location is very isolated. You cannot walk to another location or attraction... it will require a car. One suggestion: within a 20 minute taxi ride is Witches Rock Zip Lines... just do it. The staff there is very professional and incredibly safety-minded. The zip lines are awesome (13 of them, I think) and the elevations adventurous but not too scary. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Four Seasons Peninsula Papagayo is a wonderful property. What truly makes the experience here stand out besides the great villa and beautiful scenery is the staff. Everyone here was so friendly and accommodating. The grounds are kept up beautifully and everything is very clean. The food at each of the restaurants on the property is very good. With just a short walk down the hill (or ride on a golf cart operated by a staff member if you are staying higher up the hill like we were) you can find yourself kayaking in the bay or walking along a beautiful beach of the Pacific ocean. We also enjoyed taking an excursion up the Palo Verde river where we saw a lot of wildlife including a tremendous amount of crocodiles, monkeys, and birds. Truly a wonderful and relaxing vacation!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jon C
Reviewed February 18, 2013

You go to this hotel to be pampered by an amazing staff who look after your every need.The hotel is located on a peninsula with fantastic beaches on both sides of the hotel and as been blended into the tropical background.There are great restaurants, fantastic swimming pools and brilliant amenities.You can play golf on a course to die for, go kyaking, a top class gymnasium, or just lie on a sun bed and enjoy the weather. Whilst I was there I went on a catamaran trip and saw manta rays, sea snakes, turtles and to top it all watched dolphins who swam alongside the boat for 15 minutes.
You know that if you are going to a Four Seasons Hotel it won't be cheap but this is a touch of luxury and you will have a marvellous time.

Room Tip: Don't think you can have a bad room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AndyJill
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in February. Very Four Seasons and set on the most beautiful peninsular BUT why oh why did it feel like beeing anywhere in the world - typical American corporate buildings and although our private villas were filled with every possible gadget and convenience (kitchen/washing machines/fridges/toasters etc etc and 2 plasma TV's) and with a view to die for - we felt we were just one of a multitude!
Costa Rica is exceptionally beautiful with many fabulous lodges and small but well run hotels.
We loved our 5 days of relaxation and sun before we came home but this was just too coperate - Four Seasons needs to make sure they do not get too big and loose the plot!

Room Tip: We were in the Villas at the top of the hill - forget walking you need to call for a buggy whenever...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, yet understated. The staff is exceptional, making it a very luxurious, but relaxing vacation. Food was terrific in all of the restaurants. The hotel offers a number of fun excursions. We loved the Zip lines. The golf course has amazing views.

Room Tip: We were on the Ocean Side and loved hearing the sound of the waves nightly. Better views above the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 mi away
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica
#3 of 13 in Gulf of Papagayo

Been to Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo? Share your experiences!