Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Costa Smeralda(Gulf of Papagayo)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Condovac la Costa(Playa Hermosa)
  • Pool
Hotel El Velero(Playa Hermosa)
Villa Acacia(Playa Hermosa)
Hotel ManGaby(Playa Hermosa)
View Hotel
Villa del Sueno(Playa Hermosa)
2,086 results
All reviewsgolf coursecanopy suitecena socialesol y sombracielo roomcosta ricagolf clubburger shackscreened in porcharnold palmerplunge poolcomplimentary activitieszip liningcatch of the dayocean sidecooking classice water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Going to the Four Seasons in Costa Rica is a truly unique experience! We had a large group with rave reviews of the entire stay... Service is remarkable from all of the individuals from the front desk, to the concierge, to the pool servers, to the spa attendants, to the shuttle drivers, to the bellmen, to the room service, to the dining room servers, to the bar tenders.... all the way up to the management great customer service. Location, Location, Location... compares to very few places on the Planet!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Rooms were lovely, staff phenomenal, food delicious, activities plentiful and fun. Did hikes, kayaking, cooking class, golf course tour, mixology class, reflexology. Woken up one morning by howlers outside our window. Staff are attentive, knowledgeable, helpful. This is an experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank apttravelers
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed at the Four Seasons Costa Rica for 4 nights. Ate at every restaurant. Di Mare and Steak restaurant were good, the rest were not. Nothing was outstanding. Ate at Stephan Pyles in Dallas the night before we arrived and the quality of the food at Stephan Pyles was much higher than any restaurant at the Four Seasons. Drink prices and food prices were very high as well. NYC prices but not the quality one would expect at a property with these rates. Also the landscaping on property was shabby. Maybe it was due to that whole eco crap, but I don't like it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mtsod
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Having been to the Four Seasons many times, we still enjoy the many activities you can partake in if you choose (great golf, tennis, cooking lessons etc.), or just sit by the ocean or pool and enjoy a book or the sound of the waves. The resort now offers poolside cabanas for rent (very reasonable) at the adult pool which include your own waiter and stocked refrigerator. Do go down to the Marina and eat at the Dive Bar. Great food and very reasonable prices (try their pizza, fresh fish and the shrimp and rice dish). Great Happy Hour, $3 drinks. Another gem is the Prieta Beach Club. You can get a free ride there from the lobby (5 min.). The place is amazing with an infinity lap pool (my wife's favorite), sports bar and a great beach. Also, their restaurant is excellent for dinner. Do use the spa at the hotel. You will get the best message of your life. Most of all you will love the Costa Rican people. Warmer and friendlier people you will not find. Reasonable transportation can be had by contacting Mainor at Tours-Your-Way. He really knows Costa Rica and has always come through for us whether it was a tour or just hotel, airport transportation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Wunderlust2
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We just returned from an 11 day stay at Four Seasons Costa Rica, and like another reviewer said, I actually cried on the way home. We are a family of five (myself, husband, and three daughters aged 18, 16, and 8). It is the best family vacation we have ever taken. We stayed through the "Festive Season" - Christmas and New Year's holidays. The resort is gorgeous and was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The Christmas party on the beach, held on Christmas morning, was so much fun! Santa arrived via waverunner and joined in a festive parade, featuring live band, acrobats, and a present for every child! There were fun family activities every single night during our trip.

The staff is impeccable. Literally, I don't think any request would be denied. After our first couple of days, the front desk actually called us to make sure everything was going well, and we were all having fun. Luis, activities director, seemed like an old friend by the end of our trip- his enthusiasm is infectious! Our 8 year old spent part of every day at the Kids For All Seasons club, and loved it!!! She would have spent all day, every day there, if it were uo to her! I can not say enough about the KFAS ladies- they are amazing with children, keeping them engaged in a variety of activities all day! Our daughter did crafts, cooking, swimming, golf, learned some Costa Rican culture- loved KFAS!!! Honestly, it made our vacation, knowing our youngest one was happy and well taken care of, while we had some adult time.

We never left the resort, and there was tons to keep our family happy! We started every morning eating breakfast on the lanai of our two bedroom villa, while watching the howler monkeys in the trees and the waves roll in! We did stand up paddleboarding, sea kayaking, snorkeling, swimming, The Trail of Giants tour, a cooking class, a dance class, boogie boarding, tennis, and more. The guys down by the surf shack are great- they actually are excited when you come down to them for equipment, and are full of good instruction/ tips. My husband's favorite activity was lounging poolside, and the pool & beach services are unparalleled. Fresh water, iced towels, your sunglasses cleaned- whatever you need, the staff is at your service.

Also, all of the food was terrfic! We ate at Congo's Bar & Grill for my daughter's 16th birthday, and they went out of there way to make it special. Papagayo's was consistantly delicious, as well as everything we ate poolside. I had groceries delivered twice to our villa, so I could cook, and that service went very smoothly. They brought me beautiful, fresh produce and goceries, and stocked my fridge for me. Housekeeping was quite a luxury! We had the same housekeeper our entire stay, and no amount of sand in the villa seemed too big a challenge for her! Our rooms were always sparkling, and she even arranged my daughter's 100 Webkinz on her bed every single day. If I happened to run into her, she always asked if there was anything more I needed.

I think the five of us would very happily make Four seasons Costa Rica our annual Christmas tradition! It truly was paradise! I can't say enough good things about this gorgeous resort and it's AMAZING staff!!! Pura Vida!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family