“Now that was fun!”

Witch's Rock Canopy Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The zip-line courses were designed by experts using the highest quality of materials and above standard rules of security. The tour has (24) platforms, (11) cables from (330) to (1,480) feet in distance, (3) hanging bridges, and (3) climbing stairs with in the trees, all with security attachments for your safety. In case a person does not want to complete the tour we have (5) exit routes. The amount of time for the tour depends on how many people. For two persons, this would take about (45) minutes to one hour and would increase according with the number of persons in the group. Also we have more activities on site, such as Horseback riding and ATV tours.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

A cut above most zip line tours out there. Great staff, friendly owner, very modern and safe equipment. Great fun for all ages and abilities. Very nice layout and great scenery. Don't forget to have a cold ImperIal in a frosted mug when you're done.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was one of the best zip line tours we've been on. We stayed at one of the Exclusive Resorts villas on the Peninsula Papagayo and the tour company sent a shuttle to pick us up. One of the guides (Emanuel) rode with us and gave us a briefing on what to expect. Once there we were hooked up and again briefed on what to do. Once up on the first platform one of our friends was too nervous to go but Emanuel asked her just to trust him. He was right and she was sooooo glad she did it. You do 11 zip lines and a few suspension bridges. They have guides at both ends of the lines that make sure you know what to do which made it simple and a thrilling fun day!

1  Thank TonyW309
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Set up through the hotel. Pleasantly surprised with good equipment and professional staff with you at all times. Being over 60 I was impressed with their care and direction from the accompaning staff to avoid my over exertion with climbing and direction to avoid certain climbs. Will do it again !

3  Thank william s
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first experience zip lining. We are both 50 years old. What a totally awesome day! The guides were wonderful (we had Emmanual, Tolivio (?) & Andres as our driver to the hotel). They were very professional and took their time with us. They explained everything until we were ready to roll....I mean zip. I felt completely safe on the wires and bridges; but don't get me wrong, the bridges are SCARY. This was the most fun we have had trying something new, in a long time. Although my wife chickened out after 2 lines, I did the whole tour. Even after trying to tell my wife that nobody could come out to the forest to get her (they were trying to build her confidence to continue), they did send a truck to get her from the forest without question. I would definitely recommend this company without hesitation. Very responsive to our questions before arrival and did not have any problems in arranging the tour or transfers to/from our hotel in Papapgayo.

1  Thank Andy F
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We ziplined once before in Maui and were excited to check out the views from the lines in Costa Rica. When we arrived at Witches Rock I was concerned because our group was large (about 20 people) and I thought everything would be moving slowly and/or safety would be compromised. Not so at all.

The crew is fantastic. Funny and very interactive with the group, and they kept things moving along at a great pace, with breaks here and there to rest and grab cold water (which they supply). They are also extremely focused and always concerned with safety, For whatever reason, I felt their harnesses seemed much more secure than what we experienced in Maui.

A couple of things to note: On our previous tour you could hold your camera on a wrist strap which allowed you take pics/video while you were zipping down the line. Witches Rock does not allow this, primarily due to safety concerns, but also because they will sell you their own photos of you at the end of the trip. :)

If you do bring your camera (or anything else) with you, you will be asked to store it in a locker in the office for a $1 charge which they never actually collected :)

If you are staying at the Four Seasons, Witches Rock is about a 30 minute ride from the resort and is pretty much the only offsite activity that is within reasonable driving distance.

Loved it, highly recommend, would do it again if I get a chance to go back!

1  Thank farawayNJ