Review of Papagayo Tours - CLOSED

Papagayo Tours
Reviewed July 9, 2012

From the very first email I was comfortable with this company....Let me just say the most proffesional nicest guys EVER and you can see we travel quite a bit. Pick up at Airport was fast and efficient we beat the other folks on our flight by about 30 mins...so no big line at the desk. We booked white water rafting and then after chatting for a long time they sent us t o the BEST ziplines in the area this was our second trip to Costa Rica and we plan on going back but renting a house and avoiding the resort next time we will return and we will book with this comapany because our guides were brothers and the sweetest most proffesional guys I have ever dealt with on vacation.
ALEX... Alex took us white water rafting and back to the airport this man went out of his way to make sure we had the best guide on the river and made ME homemade mango salad answered my hours and hours of endless questions and then on the way back to the hotel took us to a waterfall that was NOT in the package and then a grocery store to buy our coffee and stuff cheaper. It was a long WORK day for him but you would never know it! This man was amazing and sweet and patient and made us feel like family even took us to a typical breakfast on our way back to the airport and showed us his town because we asked him to and made my hsuband and son some homemade cerviche which they said was delicous...We hope to remain friends through email because he made us feel so welcome.
DIEGO...Diego picked us up at the airport helped me decide on our second tour answered my millions of questions.We were running out of cash and Diego stopped at an ATM and some cafe con leche!!! He took us to the zipline tour made sure WE were first in line to zipline and even took care of another family who had a crappy guide that was only in it for him...This man cares about his people and his country! He made my family feel so comfortable he set up for us to have breakfast with Alex and was very patient and kind in taking pictures and video of my family so I didn't have to worry about it and just got to enjoy the actual expierence. We will def be back and will DEF be asking for these brothers to hang out with us!!!! As friends not just tour guides....

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I found Issy Tours on Trip Advisor, and I am so glad we did. I emailed the company initially and got an immediate response from Christian. The prices were great and they were willing to negotiate prices. We had them pick us up and return us to the airport . Upon our arrival they were waiting with a cooler full of water, juice and beer. Our first tour was with Alex and we did a horseback riding, zip lining, mud bath and hot springs tours. Request Alex if you get the chance! Alex was extremely sweet and wonderful. As we drove to our destination he stopped at the grocery store so we could buy things that were not available at our resort such as coffee to bring home, the local alcohol Guaro and some sauces and spices. He then proceeded to stop along the way to point out monkeys in the trees, tucans, and various other wildlife, it was great. During our tour we actually gave our camera to him and he took pictures of our entire day. He was extremely knowledgeable and thanks to him we now know so much about Costa Rica. Thank you Alex! Our next tour was to Tamarindo for my husband and 17 year old daughter to take surf lessons. Our guide was Gersen, and again he was awesome. My husband and daughter had a great time surfing. While they surfed I wasn't completely sure what to do with our 8 year old so we kind of wandered around and shopped and Gersen stayed with us and let us know what stores were good to go in. He also sat with us while we had yogurt. I started to not feel so great and Gersen immediately went and got me water and stayed with me until I felt better. After Tamarindo he took us to Playa Conchal which is a beach made entirely of shells. After that he recommended a place to buy the best coffee in Costa Rica so he happily drove us there as well. I know I have rambled, but I want to make sure everyone knows this is the BEST company to book with. All of our excursions were completely private. It was our family and the guide, no huge tour buses, no waiting for 20 other people, and the best thing was that the price was incredible. Thank you Issy Tours for making our trip so memorable.

3  Thank Kim G
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Mixed review
1. The zip lines they took me to were great, my and the wife had a great time. I highly recommend this tour
2. The snorkel tour I book thru them was less than desirable. It was a private tour, but the boat was like an old fishing boat and they didn’t even have a ladder to get back in the boat. Me and the wife had to swim to shore to get back in after snorkeling. It was two hours and for only 15 dollars more we could have gone on a nice boat for 4 ½ hour tour with lunch
3. Pick up from airport is fast and also a good service, I recommend this also, it was 90 dollars and well worth it as the rental insurance is expensive in Costa Rica.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We were in Costa Rica in Aug for 7 days, the most exciting vacation ever. we were a group of 8, my 74 years old mom and my teenage nieces & nephew and daughter. We went on daily excursions with Tours Papagayo and our Most trusted and well educated Tour Guide HAROLD, i have ever met, i have traveled to several Island with my group of teenagers in the past years. The kids liked him so much they were Sad to leave, they trusted him like an uncle, He is the BEST when you go to Costa Rica (Gulf Papagayo). check him out.
Thank You Harold.