My wife, three children and I stayed at a villa at Hopkins Bay Resort for 4 nights and were highly impressed with the quality of the accommodations, the views of the ocean, beach and pool from the villa and overall ambiance of the property. The villas have three large en suite bedrooms, all of which overlook the ocean and beach and a living area that too opens through large french doors onto the deck and the beach. The fully stocked kitchen is of high quality with granite countertops. We particularly loved the vaulted ceilings, the hard wood floors and the colorful tiles. All in all, the villa was very comfortable and inviting and we could not have asked for more. The hosts on the property (Mary and Dannie) were exceptional in their attention and quality of service.
The property is located north of a rustic Garifuna village which is very safe place full of friendly people. There are several restaurants that offer local cusine which are worth trying out, but our favorite was Chef Robs. The dinner we had there was exceptional and the chef and his wife came over and spent several minutes talking about their lives and experiences in Hopkins which gave us a unique perspective about this lovely community.
We had rented a car at Belize airport, which gave us the freedom to explore the nearby areas including the parks, and go to Blue Hole for a swim. We also took a boat trip to Bread and Butter Caye, Bird Island and Thatch Caye which offered an extraordinary experience of these lovely islands and their water and land based flora and fauna.
Overall, we had such a great and relaxing time that we are already planning our trip next year to Belize and this special resort at Hopkins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hopkins Bay is an upscale Belize beach resort ideally situated on the Caribbean Sea near the Garifuna village of Hopkins in the Stann Creek District. Our private Belize beach resort offers comfortable garden and beachfront accommodation in a lush tropical paradise. Hopkins Bay Belize is the ideal spot where couples or families can enjoy a relaxing setting. Couples can enjoy a romantic getaway in a one-bedroom beach loft and families can make themselves at home in a two or three-bedroom beach house. Whatever accommodation you choose, you'll be just a stone's throw away from the beach and an unforgettable Belize vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hopkins Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hopkins Bay Villas Hotel Hopkins
- Hopkins Bay Hotel
- Hopkins Bay Resort Belize