The house we stayed in was beautiful, but the resort as a whole was a mess.
We had a huge leak with water coming in the front door that took way too long to fix (~1 day). The food at the restaurant was horrible, even when they managed to give you the right dish.
We were charged different prices for the same drinks depending on who waited on us.
We were not given bath towels after hours of requesting them - instead of telling us they had a laundry facility problem, they just kept saying the towels would be right there.
There was an overall lack of management - no one seemed to know what was going on, like how to get an extra key. After being there for ten days, I couldn't tell you who was in charge.
Getting a ride into town was not always possible.
Even though the staff was clueless, they were very nice.
Our house had a great view of the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hopkins Bay is an upscale Belize beach resort ideally situated on the Caribbean Sea near the Garifuna village of Hopkins in the Stann Creek District. Our private Belize beach resort offers comfortable garden and beachfront accommodation in a lush tropical paradise. Hopkins Bay Belize is the ideal spot where couples or families can enjoy a relaxing setting. Couples can enjoy a romantic getaway in a one-bedroom beach loft and families can make themselves at home in a two or three-bedroom beach house. Whatever accommodation you choose, you'll be just a stone's throw away from the beach and an unforgettable Belize vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hopkins Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hopkins Bay Villas Hotel Hopkins
- Hopkins Bay Hotel
- Hopkins Bay Resort Belize