My family and I had an awesome time at Hopkins Bay Resort. The Villa which we stayed in was very near to the beach allowing us to hear the tranquil sound of the waves. The sea was absolutely calm many mornings and so crystal clear. It was amazing to watch hundreds if tiny fish jumping out.
Much of our time was spent enjoying the refreshing pool and deck as well as the occasional beverage at the pool bar. Shireen and Lennon gave us great service there.
Hopkins has many restaurant choices. We had great meals every single time. I would recommend Chef Rob's, Love on the Rocks and the onsite restaurant Beachside Bistro. Though Beachside offers fewer menu choices during dinner sittings, the choices were very unique and different most days. Hands down Beachside had the best dessert of the vacation. Do not pass on the Lime pie, it is unbelievable.
The Villas are absolutely amazing. The grounds are beautifully kept with an ever changing array of flowers.
We were pleasantly surprised to find that the dreaded Belize sand fly was virtually extinct at the resort but be fore warned it does exist on excursions to the jungle and the Cayes. Keep the off close at hand for those times.
There were many activities which were in close proximity to the resort. These included fishing and snorkelling, scuba diving, zip line and cave tubing. Mayan Ruins were an 1 1/2 hour away by car.
We will certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hopkins Bay is an upscale Belize beach resort ideally situated on the Caribbean Sea near the Garifuna village of Hopkins in the Stann Creek District. Our private Belize beach resort offers comfortable garden and beachfront accommodation in a lush tropical paradise. Hopkins Bay Belize is the ideal spot where couples or families can enjoy a relaxing setting. Couples can enjoy a romantic getaway in a one-bedroom beach loft and families can make themselves at home in a two or three-bedroom beach house. Whatever accommodation you choose, you'll be just a stone's throw away from the beach and an unforgettable Belize vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hopkins Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hopkins Bay Villas Hotel Hopkins
- Hopkins Bay Hotel
- Hopkins Bay Resort Belize