This is a very nice resort-style destination which basically means you'll enjoy it if you want a secluded, self-contained retreat with very few tourists and all the amenities. However if you're into the outdoors and are traveling to Belize to explore the country, the natural beauty or even the coral reefs this is not the place to go.
The staff are friendly and helpful but due to the remoteness of the resort, excursions to the Great Blue Hole, Tikal, the (other) blue hole and any other attraction are only available once a week in their tour bus. Even if your lucky enough to get into these excursions they're overly expensive ($100 per person per excursion!) and quite remote (average 2 hour trip each way to the nearest one).
Overall, as I mentioned earlier, the resort itself is great but as a launch pad for exploration it falls short. I should have done my research!
PS If you travel during the rainy season, traveling out of the resort gets even harder due to floods and muddy roads...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Belizean owned and managed resort nestled on the coast of Hopkins Village, southern Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belizean Dreams Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Resort Belize/Hopkins