“A Dream Come True”

Belizean Dreams Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Belize was one of the places on my list and after many hours internet surfing and reading reviews, I settled on Belizean Dreams. I was not disappointed. The property is located in Hopkins Belize and we took a flight on a small Maya Airlines plane from Belize International into Dangriga. The service from Dangriga on our arrival date until our departure date was excellent. Because it is hurricane season, the resort was pretty empty (as well as the other resorts in the area). This was a plus for us because it created a more intimate feel and we got to know the staff and other families well during our stay. Delsey at the front desk was very friendly and helped us with whatever we needed, including booking our tours. Charles the bartender whose favorite line was "why not? you're on vacation!" was sweet as pie. Santiago was always ready to meet our needs with his response of "no problem". And Irma's smile lite up the dining area at each meal...My next favorite thing besides the service was the food. I wanted to buy a ticket for Luis and bring him home with me! I am a very picky eater so when I say the food was excellent, I mean it was excellent. Everything! It was pretty quiet there so if you're looking for a nice relaxing vacation, it is the place to be. If you're looking for a party-type vacation, you'd have to bring the party with you. I could definitely see a big group renting out a few of the villas and having a great time (and am actually considering getting some family and friends together to do this). We went on the waterfall/zipline tour and that was amazing. The snorkeling island tour was also excellent...the water was beautiful and our guides Robert and Crispen were great! Speaking of the water...because the resort lies between two rivers (we were told), the water is not as clear and beautiful as other parts of the Caribbean (like further out by the reefs), but it was still nice and warm and perfect for kayaking. The asst. manager let us use the golf cart to ride into the village. It is a very poor village and made me a little sad, but the people are friendly and happy. They did not beg or ask us for anything, just waved and smiled. If I knew what the village was like I would have brought a suitcase full of flipflops for the kids and maybe some toiletries to give out...most of the kids were barefoot or in worn flipflops, playing basketball and riding bikes. We ended up getting Belizean money and handing it out to some of the kids walking around. We felt very safe in the village and found some nice souvenirs at one of the local gift shops. I've been a few places and this is one I would definitely visit again. Thank you Belizean Dreams!

Room Tip: We stayed in 5A and the room was great. We were at the front of the property furthest from the ocea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Akilah_Tienda

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Belizean Dreams is a delight to stay at. From Reservation, to check in, to check out and everything in between - 5 stars. It is a spot for relaxation, or adventure- Sea or Jungle. Superb Property in beautiful Hopkins.

Room Tip: The penthouse suites are particularity nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jacqueline R
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Upon arriving at the front desk, i was greeted by some Exceptional staff . They were so welcoming, pleasant and made you feel so as if we all knew esch other. I was then given a detailed tour of resort that captured my attention and made even more excited about my stay. I must include that the staff were well knowledgeable whilst passing on information. Hence, customer service was exceptional.......i received high class treatment and felt as their number one priority. When we arrived at my room i felt so relaxed immediately and thought at my home away from home. It was so Spacious room that made me you feel free and forgot about reality. It offerred a breathe taking scenery of what mother nature and their environment outside was so great and applealing to my eyes that made me never wanted to leave. Furthermore, the different cuisines were too tasty hence one must experience this DREAM.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Foreda R
Reviewed June 6, 2014

enjoyed it very much
great service
good food
very nice staff, they were very helpful and informative
friendly bartender and cook
amazing beach.
The rooms were nice and clean, everyday we came in to our room with fresh sheets and towels.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I travel to Belize often for business and vacation and enjoy going to Belizean Dreams the most because the service is excellent the staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious. The staff always works hard to do there best for there customers and they have great excursions to Tikal.
The other main thing about this resort is the food is the best in Hopkins and it's a resort you can go to without a lot of people. I'm thinking about starting a resort in Belize and decided to interview some of the managers and they were very helpful and knowledgeable and were willing to help.
I would highly recommend staying at this resort they will take good care of you.
Brad

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I had the absolute most amazing experience at Belizean Dreams Resort. The staff was extremely accommodating. We wanted to BBQ one night and they brought us a grill. Anything we needed they bent over backwards to get it for us. It is in a great location and the beach is beautiful. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Allie D
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My Wife and Me had just finished a week long stay at their sister resort Coco Plum which is in the Cayes, and a must go if you love to drive. The staff right from the time we got picked up were incredibly friendly and had lots of information on a multitude of things. When we arrived we were greeted by smiles and a beautiful setting. Set on beautiful long sandy beach with accommodations that far surpassed most of what I have experienced in my life. Swans made out of towels a gorgeous view of the ocean. We really enjoyed the food, the chefs were very accomodating. The one night was quite exceptional. We went out with a couple of the staff and they took me to one of their local bars. They called it a Punta club. Well I tell you i had so much fun learning the local dance moves. The DJ was calling me canada and everyone including the bartender was so welcoming and friendly. We later met up back at the resort to enjoy a pool party with a few guests and some of the amazing staff. WE had a blast sharing chips and drinks. Even a few people got thrown in the pool including myself, be careful of that Jose. These amazing staff that I can now call my friends when way way way above the call of duty to make sure we had a good time. I would/will recommend this resort to anyone looking for romance, comfort, good eats, and the happiest environment you could ever ask for. Thank you to all the amazing staff.... You know who you are! Love and miss you all. Thanks for the memories.

Cheers
Shelby and Jesse Dick

Room Tip: Go top floor, its worth the extra!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Belizean Dreams Resort? Share your experiences!