“Amazing...”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing...”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My Fiance and I just had the pleasure of spending a few days at this resort. The staff went above and beyond, the views amazing. This was truly a relaxing get away and I am so glad that this little piece of heaven exist. Oh forgot to mention accommodations got a rating of exceeds plus along with the food.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The best vacation we have ever taken. The staff was top knotch, especially Jose "Tattoo"!!! They made us feel at home from the minute we arrived. I cannot wait to go back, and we will go back. Thank you Belizean Dream for making our vacation great!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had never been to Belize and were not sure what to expect. We had a rocky start as we missed our connecting flight and had to stay overnight in Houston! Our first evening meal was served lukewarm, coffee was also lukewarm, and rolls were removed but not replaced. The next morning my husband's breakfast was supposed to be eggs benedict but was not etable. After complaining the breakfast was written off and the staff responsible for the services were most apologetic. From there on we had hot coffee and the breakfast and dinners we ate were delicious. On our last night the staff set up a table beach side and we ate the most amazing lobster dinner ever!! Luis the Chef is a genius when it comes to cooking!!
The next compliment goes to Jose, the bartender who not only knows his drinks but is a connoisseur of rock and roll music which he turned on whenever we sat at the bar. Jose is a superb bartender who ensures that his customers have a good time.
Other staff like Irma the gal who served breakfast and Raffael are also very attentive and friendly. Belizean Dreams is very fortunate to have such employees, they strive for excellence and they deliver it.

The location of the resort is great as the beach is situated just a short walk from the villas. We went on a snorkeling and island hopping tour which, even with the rain was a lot of fun. The lunch we had at Coco Plum was super.
Hopkins Village is very, very rustic however Caitlin's Bakery makes the best muffins and coconut bread we have ever eaten. Innies Restaurant is also a good place for lunch.

Our knock against the Resort is that there was no WiFi or TV i in the room.

Finally if you book with Expedia the cost for the vacation only includes hotel and return flight. The resort offers separate packages for as much as $1860 per person which includes food and beverages, tours, andreturn transportation from Belize International to the Resort.

Room Tip: If you want WiFi and/or TV you need to request it as only some of the villas' owners have instal...
1 Thank 22JDawson
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We visited Belizean Dreams almost a year ago this March. I am ashamed that I never made the time to write my review until now. Plain and simple, this is paradise on earth. I found my mojo, got my groove back, and am planning to go back this spring! The staff, the accommodations, and the food were all excellent. The town, the restaurants, the Curve Bar, the excursions, everything was amazing! How about this...it took me almost a year to write this review, but the fact that I could not stop thinking about writing it, says a lot! Just GO, you will not be disappointed. Armando & Jorge

Room Tip: Call them and talk to them!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 373Jorge
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Needed some down time after a hectic December! Traveled with 15 family members. After an initial confusion quickly sorted out by the most charming and helpful Naomi we had a most wonderful 3 days. Restuarant staff and all staff really were attentive and very cordial. Thank you for a great relaxing and enjoyable time. Everyone had fun. Now the roads getting in and out were incredibly horrible, but you made it worthwhile. Oh, please work on your reservations personnel as you have done so well with all your other staff!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Mark l
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I spent 5 days of my 7 day Belize vacation at Belizean Dreams and I left wanting more. The quality of the resort, the friendly and accommodating staff, and a chef that aimed to please and always did, made my trip to Belize one of my top vacation experiences.

The only down side was that there was unseasonable rain which prevented me from visiting everything I wanted. So, I'm planning to visit again in March.

J. Hamilton
South Carolina

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JASMEEN H
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Belizean Dreams is a great holiday. First class all the way. You think Lois the chef was trained at a world class culinary school but no. He is a genius. Enough cannot be said of his talent. Hose at the beach bar is a professional and time there is just downright fun. The large beautifully built room had a large balcony that had a REAL Ocean view. Bird watching could be done from it. The grounds were beautiful. All the staff are beautiful, happy, helpful and professional in their duties. By far and large the best winter vacation ever taken. While it is a little out of the way, that in itself is the charm of Belizean Dreams. 5 star all the way. Thanks. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Not a bad room on the property.
3 Thank Albertabound2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Belizean Dreams? Share your experiences!