I wanted to write this review while everything is fresh in my mind. My husband and I are leaving Belizean Dreams today. As I write this I'm sitting at the restaurant overlooking the ocean. Not a bad view at all! I will preface my review with saying that my husband and I have visited several all inclusives in Mexico, we went to Costa Rica last year, and did our first trip to Belize this week.
We have been very impressed with Belizean Dreams. This is a resort that takes their customer service very seriously. The service was awesome, the resort very clean and maintained, and the food outstanding. We chose the all inclusive package. I do want to point out that the resort hired a new chef beginning of November to improve the restaurant. Based on past reviews and our personal experiences with other all inclusives, our expectations for food were quite low. We were in for a treat! The chef Luis has done an excellent job. All of the seafood we had was outstanding and their wine selections were good as well.
My favorite part of my stay was getting to know the other people staying here and the staff. The staff has been able to share with us so much history on Belize and helpful tips. I can't stress enough how great they all have been. Jose at the bar is an all out entertainer ( attn Management keep him on nights!!!!). Houstice, George, Arnold, and Ed have made sure all of our needs were taken care of and answered any questions we had.
The resort is pretty small. A full house is about 20 visitors. A full restaurant at the resort is 4 or 5 tables. Some nights you might even be there by yourself. With it being so small you really get the chance to befriend some of the other guests. We have gotten to know people from all over the US and Canada. Most of the guests are families or other couples. The ages range from newlyweds to empty nesters.
The only thing about our trip I would change is to stay longer next time.
Bug spray is a MUST.
The roads are quite bumpy if you get motion sickness, bring something for it.
The showers run out of hot water quickly. Shower first and fast. Maybe this was just our villa, we never asked.
Bring change because its hard to find anyone to break big bills for you.
Everyone speaks English.
The women walking up and down the beach with backpacks are going to try and sell you stuff as well as children in the town.
Have fun and enjoy your stay!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Belizean owned and managed resort nestled on the coast of Hopkins Village, southern Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belizean Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Belize/Hopkins