We took advantage of Groupon deal. Seeing the roos, we are convinced it was an amazing deal a bit of trouble getting booked. However, once that was out of the way, Isabella was helpful in this process, we were off and running. We read that this time of year was low and rainy season, so we expected iffy weather. After a couple of days of windy and stormy conditions, the weather improved markedly and we had a clear and beautiful ocean. The rooms were kept clean and tidy. We had coffee machines and a ideallic view from our baxony, 3a, every morning. Here is where it gets tricky. There is a bar on the beach, its the only one among four resorts. Every day at about eleven, the start playing music. Once we commented to the bartender to turn it down, she was literal
Y blasting techno music, she turned it down, but it was still loud. My husband went up again, but we Finally left to go next door to hamanasi resort for some peace and quiet. Bottom line here: if you are looking for a quiet time on the beach, this may not be the best place. Yo can't get away from the noisy bar, no matter where you are sitting. Also, on our second day, we had 3 families arrive, some with very small kids. If you want an adult emvironment, check to see who else they have booked.
We did not buy all in packages, so we had the flexibility to go anywhere to eat, we are glad we did that. The breakfast here was OK, but very slow. Today, we went to hamanasi, that was great. 14 $us for a really nice buffet that you don't have to wait for.
We also explored all of the restaurants on the beach: barracuda grill is superb, chef robs. In addition, we went into town a couple of nights for some driftwood pizza, fabulous.
Staff is amazing. Enzel, George, filipe thank you enzel for all of yr help and advise. Enzel is one the best front desk people we have come across,ever.
The bar staff is not so deserving. Maria is slow and unfriendly, she may be shy and have a language barrier, but then, she should not be a bartender in a place where 98% of clientele is from the US. She is also the one blasting techno during the day, completely unaware that people may want some peace and quiet. Jose seems perpetually drunk, sporting an unnaturally loud laugh and inticing passers by to come and have a drink. Not very classy, compared with the other places/bars on the beach.
Overall, the lodgings and service are first rate, the bar staff and approach really need a second look. The food is middle of the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Belizean owned and managed resort nestled on the coast of Hopkins Village, southern Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Belizean Dreams Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Resort Belize/Hopkins