1,067 results
All reviews our honeymoon coco plum island island hopping all inclusive package mayan ruins cave tubing zip lining local drinks bar snacks dream come true golf cart every meal private dinner belize city welcome drink fish food was amazing beach bar
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a week long vacation to Belizean Dreams Resort. It is in the small village of Hopkins, Belize. Not the place to go if you are looking for nightlife. The really nice thing about Hopkins is that it is a beach resort, in the jungle. If you look in one direction, you have all of the water sports you might want. If you turn around, you have all of the inland activities you might want.

Travel is a bit tough, due to the road repair needs. Plans are in place, most importantly, to repave to road to Hopkins. That will improve the travel inland dramatically.

The people are sure nice. All the people at the resort are extremely helpful and personable. The people in town are friendly, and you have to spend some time in town, even if just to spend some money.

We had an all inclusive deal that included all meals at the resort, plus all the hot snacks we wanted. We didn't get to eat in town. There were several restaurants that people recommended and enjoyed. We really liked the resort restaurant, never having to repeat the same meal. We did eat a lot of lobster, because we like lobster. Shrimp tacos by the pool with a rum punch by Charles is a great way to wind down from a tour.

Our deal included $350 US in drinks from the bar. We drank lots of different drinks, sampled from the list, never busted our budget, and never felt like we were not getting everything we wanted. As Charles says, "Why not, you are on vacation."

Our room was an upstairs romantic vista room. Nice balcony. The only drawback was that the bathroom was connected to the sleeping quarters over a vaulted ceiling and the outer doors were hanging doors. A bit of noise if you are a light sleeper. Just turn on your sleeping music on itunes and you are all set.

Tours were great. Definitely do the cave tubing and zip lining. If you like strenuous hikes (we're from Colorado, so I'm not kidding here,) do the Mayflower Waterfall hike. Well worth getting soaked with sweat on the way up the mountain. If the tour you want is not available on a certain day, you can do a tour with a neighboring resort, but you'll have to pay their fees. Our tours were part of the package, and we took full advantage.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank PMVW
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Can't say enough good things about Belizean Dreams. The staff was great, the 3 bedbroom/3 bath with a full kitchen was perfect. Rooms were cleaned each day , if you needed anything it was quickly addressed. We ate lunch at the pool bar and the food kept our four kids happy. Took three excursions and enjoyed every one of them and never had a problem doing the things we wanted to do. The six of us will always remember this as one of our favorite vacations. The people of Belize and the staff made it great.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kipp n
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was the most amazing trip i have ever been on, the whole staff is so helpful with anything you need and will always make sure you are having a good time. The staff that was so helpful included Trina, Maria, Naomi, George, Christy, Houstus, Arnold, Ramon, Gill, Sharice, and even the bartender on cocoplum (which is a recommended place to go its beautiful) Ervin. This is defiantly a place to go, its a great place for the price and its well worth the trip. Our bungalow was huge, 2 stories with A/C, 3 huge bedrooms with their own bathrooms, and a kitchen and living room right on the beach. Also the food was amazing ranging from fish, steak, and chicken. We went snorkeling and zip ling which was also very beautiful and amazing.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our 10 night honeymoon in September of 2011. We had nothing but great experiences with
Who helped us book the trip. I called back numerous times to ask different questions and try to find out as much as I could about the resort and village itself. After I felt confident that this was the place for us, and that my package was sufficient, we booked.
Arriving at the small airport and the ride to the resort was an experience in itself. The bumpy roads, and small villages were great! This is not like some tropical destinations where u are in a beautifully air conditioned passenger van and experience shopping malls and million dollar homes.... The ride to the resort lets u see how the villagers truly live, and let's you experience Belize for the beautiful country it is. Our driver ( and later tour guide) Ian, is very friendly, knowledgeable of the area and will answer any questions you may have.
Upon arriving to the resort we had a welcome cocktail, and were shown to our room. Because it was slow season and no one had booked the 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen underneath us, they let us have both rooms which was amazing. The rooms were clean and roomy. I only wish that the ac got cooler, and that the wifi worked. Beautiful ocean views from anywhere, and great balconies!
We were an all inclusive package which included all meals, snacks ($500 towards alcohol) and excursions. Excursions were great. We did snorkeling, fishing, a jungle hike to a waterfall at jaguar preserve where we swam in a waterfall, Mayan ruins tour, and a cave tour where you explored caves and swam through cave rivers. Ian also brought us to Guatamala for a day bc we thought it would be fun! It was a blast!
The water at the resort is like bath water which was great! Clearer water is a ways out and a boat can pick you up at the resort which brings you about ten miles out to crystal clear water and their sister resort for lunch.
Although it was hurricane season when we went, we were only rained out completely for one day. Usually it poured in the early morning and at night, then cleared up for us during the day. Don't let this time of year scare you away.
We had massages at butterfly spas next door which was great as well. We had full use of the resort golf cart which we used to go into town (a 3 min golf cart ride). We bought some woodcarvings from David's wood shop and unfortunately driftwood was closed so we were unable to eat there!
The resort restaurant was pretty good. The menu is very small and you cannot be picky. There were nightly "specials" which meant that was what you were having for dinner, like it or not. For the price, I would not go all inclusive again. In town you can eat for 7 American dollars a person, and at the resort was at least $40.00 per person and you didn't get to pick what to eat. If the cook had the ingredients, he would do what he could to make you something else. Point is, if you go all inclusive, you feel stuck bc you already paid for everything, and you dont want to eat out and spend additional money elsewhere. Go to this resort, but don't go all inclusive! Book trips through them as well bc they were great, but try to work out a deal where you do not have to eat every meal there. My biggest complaint once again was the small options for food, inconsistency in how the food was prepared that you ordered, and how nothing was done for us when we conplained about the lack of options for the good money we had already paid. As part of our package they set up a table and chairs for us on the beach, made us a fire and cooked whatever we wanted. What a meal and experience that was! Good job everyone!
Staff was excellent and very attentive. We had fun at the bar and LOVED the pool! I actually loved the teak chairs so much that I asked if I could buy 2 and bring them back to the states. Right before I jumped in the truck to be brought to the airport we packaged them up and I flew them back. I had to have a little piece of Belizean Dreams to bring home!

Date of stay: September 2011
3  Thank Skifreebmd09
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently purchased a groupon deal for Belizean Dreams. We stayed for 4 nights in June of 2012. On our trip, we stayed on Ambergris Caye, Guatemala, and Hopkins. I thought the friendliest place on our trip was Hopkins! When we arrived at Belizean Dreams, we we taken on a tour around the resort and received a welcome drink. All of the workers at Belizean Dreams were very friendly. There was a mistake made when we booked (a lot of people booking the groupon deal) and we were upgraded to an Executive Suite. We were thrilled!!! While staying in Hopkins, we ate at the local restaurant, Innie's, almost every night. They specialized in Garifuna food. We also enjoyed going to the Drumming Center and listening to the Friday night drum show. I had a drum made for me by David at his woodcarving shop. I was very impressed with the prices and service. We loved staying at Belizean Dreams and traveling around Hopkins.

Date of stay: June 2012