“Our dream honeymoon”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Sacramento, California, United States
“Our dream honeymoon”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Belizean Dreams was the most perfect place for my husband and my honeymoon. We arrived after getting married just two days before and were very much looking for much needed relaxing time. When we arrived we had the upstairs unit which was very nice but we could hear the people underneath us all night. So when we asked to switch our room not only did they do so but they gave us a larger unit. We were so pleased especially since it rained for four days straight and we were so happy to have a tv for entertainment. There is no tv in the upper units. And the staff was more than happy to serve us food and drinks in are room all day :0). All the food was amazing and fresh. We had lobster almost every night and all the lunch options are very good as well. One thing I would mention is if you want a burger make sure to say beef patty. My husband asked for a hamburger and he got a ham burger. HAHAHA! The resort is beautiful and lush. We loved just relaxing under the coconut trees drinking pina, banana, and papaya coladas. Our favorite part of the trip was the snorkeling and fishing. They take you out to their sister resort Coco Plum that is incredible! White sand and blue, clear, warm water. I think next time we come for a visit we will plan to spend a few nights there for sure. Amazing reefs with all kinds of fish, sting ray, eel, lobster, crab and beautiful shells and coral. I did get stung by a tiny jelly fish but it just felt like a dull shock. We did see a huge jelly fish while we were on the island thankfully not while we were in the water though. Well I could go on and on. This was truly the best trip I have ever been on in my life. What a beautiful place and wonderful people. We were treated like royalty by the staff. We both felt extremely well taken care of at all times. The only bad thing I would say about our trip was the sand fleas were horrible but i think they are worse after rain and bug spray does not work. We found a lady down the beach the had a shop in a bus called So Much Hemp and sold us some lavender bug lotion. Worked like a charm! And the beds were very stiff and had thin blankets. It would have been nice to have something softer. But that wont stop me from my next visit!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We actually wanted to go over the border to Guatamala, but then the rental car company informed us that it is not possible. So I made another reservation in this hotel. I already made whan some moths ago and now we decided to come one day earlier. But I made a mistake with the dates, we realized when checking in. But this was not a problem. So the first night, we had a one bedroom appartment (as per my "express booking" the previous day and the next day, we - or better they did it - moved to the two bedroom appartment I booked earlier. We liked it so much, that we decided to cancel the last night in the hotel in Belize City and rather go back here for another day and get up early for the drive and flight to Belize City. When we arrived today, we were warmly welcomed again and got an upgrade.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Our family stayed at Belizean Dreams last year ending a 3 week tour of Belize. The resort was nice, but we started off on the wrong foot as we were given the wrong room (though the staff insisted it was right even though we had a voucher that clearly stated we had a different room style). After a little while the manager came down and kindly moved us to the right room. Other than that, we were pleased with the resort. Hopkins was a nice place to wind down after a lot of action and we saw a manatee in front of the resort, which was pretty cool. I would recommend the resort, but with the warning to have your paperwork with you.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are much cooler than those on the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our first time in Belize and we loved it. I have never given a review but I read a ton before I pick so I will do my best to give some good input. I also promised Isabelle I would.

Our bio: We are a family of 4 my kids are 11 and 7.

The resort: It was well laid out, clean, well decorated, the web site does a nice job of showing the place.

The staff: These guys were wonderful. Here's the deal because of the intimate setting you got to know the staff very well and that really helped make us feel safe for our kids.

The food: This could have been the one of the best parts to me. I hate buffet's. And we were served every meal everyday. We had a nice selection and it was always well prepared. I loved the food!!!

Location: Hopkins Villiage is just that, a village. The people are wonderful. One day we rented a golf cart, the carts the have fly by the way. We were loaded down with some candy and went to give some to the kids in town. What a ball! We had local kids hanging off the cart and racing us on their bicycles.

They took us to a local pizza place with a awesome beach and excellent pizza. We bought pizza and cokes for some of the kids and played volleyball and it was so cool to see my kids hanging out with the Belize kids of the village. Really cool.....

Hopkins is kind of located in a central area to all the activities. This is good and bad. Good because we haven't seen Belize to know what we wanted. The downside was that everything was a trip.

It was always nice to come home after a adventure and the staff always gave us a shout and welcome back and wanted to hear about the trip.

From what I seen this was probably the nicest place in Hopkins and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Teeday
Crescent City, California
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was saddened to read that people were unhappy with their stay at Belizean Dreams. My husband and I were very impressed with the excellent customer service, the beautiful grounds, the food and most importantly the staff. Our second story one bedroom unit had a perfect ocean view. Each staff member called us by our first names, Ms. Teri and Mr. Kees, as soon as we arrived. The staff arranged a trip to the 1,000 ft Mayflower water fall and my husband really enjoyed the one on one interaction. We would return in a heartbeat....thanks to Ian, Felipe, George and many other for making our trip truly memorable. Put this stop on your list of wonderful places to visit in Belize!

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom upstairs unit, room 3A, and had a perfect ocean view. Even saw Manatees...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My wife, myself and my four children just returned home from an incredible week at Belizean Dreams - the grounds and the villa were great!

What's as impressive is the attitude and attention from the staff. From Ian on down, everyone could not have been more helpful, kind and caring. It was such a pleasure to talk to everyone. They could not do enough for us.

Ian was especially encouraging to go into Hopkins to try the local restaurants, etc.

Again - great place, great people - we're going back!!!

Room Tip: Our Villa was great. They all appear to be the same. Take insect repellent. Other than that, feel...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard E
cleveland
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I just got back from our vacation in Belize. We stayed at Belizean Dreams for 7 nights and 8 days and this resort definitely exceeded our expectations. The grounds were gorgeous, The food was amazing and the staff was wonderful and Ian, the Guest Services Manager was great! He went out of his way to make sure everything was to our liking. Hopkins Village is a wonderful place that is still a very primitive place but yet also very safe and has something for everyone. My wife and I are also divers and the Hamansi Resort Padi Crew next door was also an excellent team to escort us on our dive trips to the reefs. Two Thumbs up to Belizean Dreams and Hopkins Village. Would recommend to everyone!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful. I dont see how there could be a bad room here. all are very close to th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lawnboy34
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Belizean Dreams Resort? Share your experiences!