Belizean Dreams Resort
Hopkins Bay, a Muy'Ono Resort(Hopkins)
$169
$120
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Villa Verano(Hopkins)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsour honeymooncoco plum islandlocal drinksisland hoppingall inclusive packagemayan ruinscave tubing and zip liningbar snacksdream come truegolf cartevery mealbelize cityprivate dinnerbeach barsnorkeling tourfishwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We actually wanted to go over the border to Guatamala, but then the rental car company informed us that it is not possible. So I made another reservation in this hotel. I already made whan some moths ago and now we decided to come one day earlier. But I made a mistake with the dates, we realized when checking in. But this was not a problem. So the first night, we had a one bedroom appartment (as per my "express booking" the previous day and the next day, we - or better they did it - moved to the two bedroom appartment I booked earlier. We liked it so much, that we decided to cancel the last night in the hotel in Belize City and rather go back here for another day and get up early for the drive and flight to Belize City. When we arrived today, we were warmly welcomed again and got an upgrade.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Our family stayed at Belizean Dreams last year ending a 3 week tour of Belize. The resort was nice, but we started off on the wrong foot as we were given the wrong room (though the staff insisted it was right even though we had a voucher that clearly stated we had a different room style). After a little while the manager came down and kindly moved us to the right room. Other than that, we were pleased with the resort. Hopkins was a nice place to wind down after a lot of action and we saw a manatee in front of the resort, which was pretty cool. I would recommend the resort, but with the warning to have your paperwork with you.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are much cooler than those on the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our first time in Belize and we loved it. I have never given a review but I read a ton before I pick so I will do my best to give some good input. I also promised Isabelle I would.

Our bio: We are a family of 4 my kids are 11 and 7.

The resort: It was well laid out, clean, well decorated, the web site does a nice job of showing the place.

The staff: These guys were wonderful. Here's the deal because of the intimate setting you got to know the staff very well and that really helped make us feel safe for our kids.

The food: This could have been the one of the best parts to me. I hate buffet's. And we were served every meal everyday. We had a nice selection and it was always well prepared. I loved the food!!!

Location: Hopkins Villiage is just that, a village. The people are wonderful. One day we rented a golf cart, the carts the have fly by the way. We were loaded down with some candy and went to give some to the kids in town. What a ball! We had local kids hanging off the cart and racing us on their bicycles.

They took us to a local pizza place with a awesome beach and excellent pizza. We bought pizza and cokes for some of the kids and played volleyball and it was so cool to see my kids hanging out with the Belize kids of the village. Really cool.....

Hopkins is kind of located in a central area to all the activities. This is good and bad. Good because we haven't seen Belize to know what we wanted. The downside was that everything was a trip.

It was always nice to come home after a adventure and the staff always gave us a shout and welcome back and wanted to hear about the trip.

From what I seen this was probably the nicest place in Hopkins and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Teeday
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was saddened to read that people were unhappy with their stay at Belizean Dreams. My husband and I were very impressed with the excellent customer service, the beautiful grounds, the food and most importantly the staff. Our second story one bedroom unit had a perfect ocean view. Each staff member called us by our first names, Ms. Teri and Mr. Kees, as soon as we arrived. The staff arranged a trip to the 1,000 ft Mayflower water fall and my husband really enjoyed the one on one interaction. We would return in a heartbeat....thanks to Ian, Felipe, George and many other for making our trip truly memorable. Put this stop on your list of wonderful places to visit in Belize!

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom upstairs unit, room 3A, and had a perfect ocean view. Even saw Manatees in the surf in front of the resort!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My wife, myself and my four children just returned home from an incredible week at Belizean Dreams - the grounds and the villa were great!

What's as impressive is the attitude and attention from the staff. From Ian on down, everyone could not have been more helpful, kind and caring. It was such a pleasure to talk to everyone. They could not do enough for us.

Ian was especially encouraging to go into Hopkins to try the local restaurants, etc.

Again - great place, great people - we're going back!!!

Room Tip: Our Villa was great. They all appear to be the same. Take insect repellent. Other than that, feel free to explore the area. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family