“Great Welcome to Belize!!”
Review of Tipple Tree Beya

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Tipple Tree Beya
Ranked #3 of 18 Hopkins B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Started my trip in Hopkins at the Tipple Tree Beya; what an awesome start to a Belizean adventure! The beach was wonderful, one of the best I saw. Being able to go for a warm swim at sunrise was a great start to my day. My room (the middle) was comfortable as was the hammock. Thanks for finding me a corkscrew, Tricia!! I enjoyed hanging on the veranda with new friends sharing travel experiences and rum cocktails & conversation with Tricia, whom I found very helpful and friendly. She was great for arranging taxis, tours and just general information about Hopkins and area. As a solo traveller I appreciated this. Doug did a great job of keeping the beach clean, not a footprint in the sand first thing in the morning! I plan to revisit Hopkins as I fell in love with this village and would definitely stay at the Tipple Tree again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 24, 2014

The rooms were clean, as others have stated. the location right on the beach was very nice. well kept beach, furniture, and grounds. Great spot to relax and swim on the beach. Located within walking distance of everything in town. The reason we didnt rate it higher was the overall vibe and attitude we got here. Tricia had all of the technicalities covered, but didnt give off a very welcoming spirit. She had lots of ground rules, and was fairly strict and rigid. She seemed to have more business sense than passion. Her partner, who I don't even know his name, saw us several times but didn't say hi or anything. He was, honestly, rather unpleasant. Tipple tree just didn't live up to the warm welcoming vibe of Hopkins. The town is awesome and when we go back we will look for a different lodging option, sorry Tricia.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tricia S, Owner at Tipple Tree Beya, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Please don't be sorry - not everyone is a match for Tipple Tree.

I wasn't any different with you than I am with any of my guests, so was a little surprised that you didn't find me welcoming, but here is one of the great things about Hopkins - there are a lot of places to stay, for all different types of vacationers.
I know that when you visit again you will find somewhere to stay that better suits your personalities. I wish you many more happy travels in Belize.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Tipple Tree Beya was our favorite place to stay in our 17 days in Belize. Tricia painstakingly cleans and maintains these quaint, cozy rooms. We stayed in the economy room with the outdoor shower--my wife was reminded of outdoor showers she took as a little girl when camping at the beach in Australia. The private beach is great for swimming, reading, just sitting in the hammock on the verandah and gazing. The veranda makes for easy socializing with other guests. We spent 4 days here in total relaxation. Tricia takes great pride in helping her guests find tours and activities to their liking. She arranged a birding guide for me. Fruit and vegetables are available from a truck which stops by the guest house. Rooms have a fridge and an area to prepare breakfast and lunch (local bakeries are nearby). We had fruit salad daily and sandwiches for lunch, Bellikins in the afternoon, and went out for dinner. Hopkins is so laid-back--more than Caye Caulker even. We plan to come back and stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed for almost a week in October and can't remember having ever had a more relaxing trip. The rooms are clean and quiet. The grounds around the property are meticulously kept, beautiful flowers abound. The beach is spectacular and only a few paces from the room. There are nice restaurants nearby. A couple of well stocked stores for getting beer and snacks are just down the beach. Overall a definite gem.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for five and absolutely loved it. We stayed in a double room and it had everything we needed-a small fridge, plates and cutlery so we could prepare our own breakfast (and keep our beer and pop cold :), a private bathroom, and even small shelves exactly where you need them to keep your odds and ends. And, best of all, the grounds were immaculate and the beach was spectacular. They clean the beach and rake the sand each day, and it was easy to spend an afternoon lounging in the hammocks or in the sun chairs and taking a dip in the Caribbean to cool off. We walked up and down the beach and none of the other beaches compared to Tipple Tree. Tricia was such a wonderful hostess, and it was very clear that she put a lot of thought and care into making this a comfortable place for her guests. If you are looking for a fancy hotel with air conditioning and a memory foam mattress this is probably not the place for you, but if you like a bit of comfort, a clean room, an amazing beach, and appreciate character you won't go wrong here. Plus the a/c is totally unnecessary with the lovely Caribbean breeze blowing in through the window.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a lovely place. We stayed in the bungalow, which was so cute, clean and perfect. All the little details to make this kind of stay easy were thought of. Tricia was unbelievably helpful, sorted everything out for us. She even managed to arrange diving for us in low season when all the dive operators were closed. Very clean, not a 'resort' aircon type of place, but if your looking for something more real this is a must...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2013

For several years I had the marvelous fortune of spending time at Tipple Tree. As a teacher, I found this spot to be wonderful for my students - a great place to come back to after all the difficult clinical work they would do in the surrounding rural areas. The rooms were very comfortable and very clean/tidy. In the evening, the ocean breeze would waft its way in through the screens and the gentle lapping of the waves would help orchestrate a very nice night's sleep. The beach is right out the door and one can walk barefoot into the awaiting, crystal clear ocean. Trish is always available for any advise or additional needs and we always felt safe and well looked after. Have yet to find this kind of value anywhere else in Belize. A real gem.
Bob Kane

Room Tip: All rooms are great, including the cabana in the back