“Was a marvelous experience.”
Review of Tipple Tree Beya

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Tipple Tree Beya
Ranked #4 of 20 Hopkins B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Was a marvelous experience.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Tricia took most excellent care of us. she arranged tours from the locals (very cool) that were top notch! she gave us wonderful insight on the culture and expectation of the village people. we had a great time. our cabin was simple, very clean and the fans kept us as cool as we needed. for the price it was PERFECT!!!

1 Thank Sheldon Jennife... H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It was difficult for me to understand the last review of Tipple Tree. I live in Belize (originally from Canada) and Tipple Tree is absolutely my "go to" place for a few days of R and R. I also take all my visitors to Hopkins and every one of them has really enjoyed their stay here. In fact, I have one friend who has visited at least 6 or 7 times, and a visit to Tipple Tree is always on her "must do" list. Yes, the rooms are basic -- if you want air conditioning and cushy surroundings, this is not the place for you. But it's very good value, Tricia is always friendly and helpful, and the beach is just about perfect. What more could you want?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debra_in_Belize
Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed with Trica for 2 nights at Tipple Tree, it's a really nice place and after all the travelling it took to get to Belize and Hopkins it felt like we had arrived at paradise. The place is right on the beach and they take care of their beach, it is cleaned and raked every day so it feels like you are walking through a giant zen garden.

Hopkins is a long town, where Tipple Tree is located there are several restaurants and a supermarket nearby within walking distance. If you need a taxi then Trica can organise one for you.

There is good internet on the property an extra fee (reasonable) and although you cannot drink the tap water you can get your water bottle refilled (reasonable again). I loved how Tipple tree is very eco-conscious too!

I would recommend staying here if you visit Hopkins, there are other places which have aircon but since Tipple Tree is right no the water the lack of aircon is not a problem.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We loved staying at the beautiful Tipple Tree Beya! We will go back and stay there again and again! Tricia, the owner is a lovely, warm, welcoming woman, who, along with her partner, keeps everything immaculate! The rooms are clean and comfy, the grounds are beautiful! The beach is a few steps from the door! We spent 10 heavenly days there! And the price is definitely right! Hopkins is a wonderful experience of a part of Belize that is still not completely developed, with warm open hearted people, great food and a slow relaxed pace. We are hooked!

Room Tip: They are all great!
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Tipple Tree Beya was a very cozy little spot with a beautiful view and very helpful owner who was extremely accomodating. The price was great and the beds were very comfortable. We had a room with an outdoor shower which was not at all as bad as it sounds. The shower was private and had hot water. We had a small leak in the roof which the owner emailed us about to apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused us during our stay. She takes great pride in her rooms and you can certainly tell as the room was very clean and organized. Overall, a great place to stay. We really enjoyed the location. The hammocks were also very relaxing :)

Hopkins, Belize
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I'm backpacking for almost 10 months now and it feels like I'm in a state now where I don't really want to do anything. Just right now. It will change in some days or weeks or so. Maybe.

So I just wanted a place on the beachfront to sit back and read and take a dip in the water every now and then. Well, and that's what I found in Hopkins after some exhausting searching. The Tipple Tree Beya is not my price category (45 USD), I normally sleep in dorms and cheapest rooms to keep the costs down. But I made an exception here - I was too exhausted to keep on searching. It was a good decision.

And this is what I got: an exceptionally nice and clean room, a veranda with hammocks and a lovely garden. Tricia has definately a good hand for decoration. The room was also equipped with a fridge, a coffee maker, cutlery and dishware, Belize guide books, novels and magazines. And loads of towels. She also rents these beach cruiser bicycles and for a small one-time-fee you can use the very fast and stable Wifi for the length of your stay. She was very helpful when I had questions and we also had some interesting conversations.

Ben from Germany

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for 8 nights and would recommend it to anyone. If you want an "all-inclusive" experience, then stay away. This is a great place to book for a vacation where you relax and enjoy your vacation. Thank fully we went in the end-of-off season, so the whole town was layed back and annoying-tourist free. The owners were very helpful and arranged tours and gave advice about scheduling before the trip and after arrival. I'm vegan, so I was nervous about food, but they advised us on how to order and where best to eat. They have a nice beach that they groom every morning. The confirmation email they sent had a list of VERY helpful advice including coral safe sun screen and a note about the high import tax, that includes alcohol. This is my favorite place to get sunburned and although the town is humid (I'm from a very dry area), the beaches are always cool. The rooms are bug free, although we accidentally left the door open one evening and we adopted a little lizard for the evening. The owners really make this an excellent place to stay. They were just our kind of people: earthy, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple