We stayed at Almond Beach August 9-16, 2013. It is a beautiful resort with a very friendly staff. I noticed that alot of reviews mentioned fly/bug problems, but we did not experience any of this. We stayed in Kinep, which is the beachfront casita next to the pool. It was in a great location and had the best views of the beach. It has an indoor and a private outdoor shower. The outdoor shower is convenient when you come back from excursions muddy. Only negative to this room is if you want to sleep during the day, you can hear people at the pool. But it wasnt overly loud or crazy, and most people leave the pool area by 5:00pm.
The beach is kept clean by maintenance men who go around raking up the seaweed that washes up on shore. There are plenty of thatched cabanas and hammocks to lounge around the beach on. There are a few local dogs that hang out on the beach. They are very friendly and we had a good time playing with a skinny little brown one. Only negative to the beach is that there are these little biting flies. So bring lots of bug spray!
The pool/swim up bar is very refreshing. However it is supposed to be more of an adult pool, yet people would ignore the signs and bring their kids in that pool anyway. Nothing says buzzkill like a bunch of 10 yr olds taking up all of the seats at the swim up bar. There was also a hot tub, but that week it was a little too hot for us.
There were alot of young children staying at the resort when we were. Unfortunately this resort isnt really suitable for young kids. There arent activities or play areas for children like other resorts in the caribbean. The kids were bored and ended up annoying many of the adults on the resort.
The restaurant has good food, especially dinner. It was very clean and we did not see a single bug. The breakfast and lunch menus dont change, so they got old by the seventh day. There are also many good restaurants on other resorts as well as in the town of Hopkins. Chef Robs is a 5 minute walk down the beach and it is delicious. Chef Rob also owns Love on the Rocks in Hopkins. Amazing food and unique dining experience! Driftwood pizzeria and beach bar has fantastic pizza and is the perfect beach bar with a beach volleyball court and hammocks at many of the tables. The staff will drive you into Hopkins at night if you wish to eat at a restaurant there.
There is not much nightlife at this resort. So if you're looking for a resort with a night club, casino, etc then this is not the resort for you.
Overall my fiance and I had a wonderful experience here and we are having our wedding ceremony and honeymoon here next October!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Proud member of ViVA BELiZE, the leading Hotel Group and Adventure Company in Belize for the past 20 years. Almond Beach Resort & Spa is- A Haven for Romance & Wellness. It provides wonderful private honeymoon casitas and family suites located on a long golden beach that stretches for miles. Other features of Almond Beach Resort & Spa: -WINNER 2015 TripAdvisor HALL OF FAME Award -PADI 5 Star Dive Centre -FULL Service In-house SPA -Longest & Finest Beach in Belize -Pool with Swim up Tiki Bar -Kids pool -Beachfront Dining -Water Sports & Land Adventure Tour Desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Almond Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Hotel Hopkins
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Almond Beach Resort & Spa Belize/Hopkins