Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,113 results
All reviewsdeluxe treehousehamanasi stafftree housemayan ruinsour honeymoonc doglion fishinland adventuresmayflower hikeorganic gardenbig daddyadventure centersea dogbeachfront roomblue holehamanasi offersother guests
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Belize: Hamanasi Resort, Stann Creek, Belize: Magnificent Resort!
Date: June 2007
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor , Monroe, New York
My daughter and myself traveled to Belize to visit my older daughter, who was doing research in nearby Cockscomb at the Jaguar Wildlife Sanctuary. We were looking for a resort that was convenient to this area and read the many reviews on this resort, as well as others. We chose Hamanasi because of the traveler reviews, and I am so happy we did! The resort is located right on the carribean sea with an incredibly friendly, helpful and courteous staff. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated. The food is excellent. There are so many different daily excursions you can book through this hotel that even if you are not a scuba diver, which my daughters and myself are not, you will truly have a great vacation. Your requests are handled by the front desk as if you had your own personal concierge. I will definitely return to Hamanasi on my next visit to Belize.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Hamanasi at the end of July 2007. We not only stayed here, but also had our wedding and honeymoon and it was perfect. We stayed in the treehouse....wow. The resort exceded even our highest expectations. The staff was extremely friendly. They had the wedding set up on the beach and it was beautiful. The staff set up all of our activities for us. We went cave tubing and ziplining one day and the mayflower waterfall hike another. The activities were everything we expected and more. The activities were sometimes a long drive to get to, but it didn't matter because the drivers for the resort knew everything about the area and pointed out interesting things the whole drive....it was a beautiful drive and beautiful scenery in general. The room was great. We had stayed in a resort on Ambergris Caye the week before and that was ok, but Hamanasi was...WOW. Very Nice. The food was great. Every night we came back from dinner, our room had been cleaned up and we had fresh flowers on the bed.
I wouldn't hesitate to suggest Hamanasi to anyone. If you want a nice laid back experience...I HIGHLY suggest Hamanasi.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WiBedhead
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Hamanasi was a wonderful place to stay. It was very beautiful and very clean. The staff is wonderful and more than willing to help with anything you need. The food was great and changed every day. There are lots of things to do from scuba diving to jungle hikes, truly a trip for the whole family or just a get away from your normal life for a while. I would recomend this spot to anyone and hope to revisit sometime in the future.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank 911gt198
Reviewed August 20, 2007

My husband and I traveled to Hamanasi to celebrate his 4oth birthday. What a perfect spot! Hamanasi has mastered the art of understated elegance. Everything from the grounds and rooms to the food and service. Everything was absolutely gorgeous, yet so laid back, friendly and comfortable.
Hamanasi is a small, quiet resort with the most friendly staff we've encountered. No matter what area they worked in, the staff made an effort to learn our names, and then use them! Whether we were eating breakfast, out diving, having a drink at the bar, or just walking through, there was always a smiling face to greet us and ask how we were doing. We sincerely felt we had Belizean friends by the time we left.
We stayed in one of the beautiful treehouses, and couldn't believe the privacy - we had our own path through the jungle which made every walk back feel like an adventure.
We did a reef/jungle package which included 3 meals each day. The food was amazing. Breakfast was continental, and for Lunch and Dinner you ordered off a menu. We found the dishes to be interesting, flavorful and completely filling. There was a carrot- ginger soup one night that blew us away.
With our package we went diving almost every day, and to the Mayan ruins one day. The diving was incredibly convenient - all we had to do was walk straight out from breakfast to the dock where the boats were waiting. We saw tons of eagle rays, turtles, eels, lobster and great healthy reefs. The dive masters were fun, informed, and felt very safe. We can't wait to plan a trip back when the whale sharks are around!
Our inland adventure to the ruins was another great day. The van was comfortable with a great guide giving us information along the way. When we got there, there was a 2nd guide that knew all about the ruins and was very informative. A fun thing about the resort being so small, you also get to know the other guests. You see them at the resort, and then get to know them on all of the different adventures - we met very fun, interesting people from all over the world.
We were a little nervous about it being the rainy season, but it was lovely. We had some heavy rain at night, but beautiful sunny weather during the day. A nice breeze made the temperature perfect.
Hamanasi felt like the perfect blend of adventure and relaxation. The excursions typically took place in the morning, and we would come back, have lunch and then lounge with books on the beach or by the pool. It was absolute paradise and we can't wait to return!
Thank you!
Meika and Vince Koletar

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie1234
Reviewed August 20, 2007

My wife and I went to the Hamanasi with my parents and sister as a family vacation. We had an absolutely wonderful time there. We were stunned by how nice and helpful everyone there was! All staff were very friendly and made a point to remember your names. They were always genuinely willing to help.

We were a bit concerned before leaving as my wife was 3 months pregnant at the time of the trip. She couldn't do a lot of the adventures and was worried the trip may not be so fun. Once we got there that worry was put to rest. She had a great trip and had plenty to do (or nothing, and just relax!). All the water is filtered, even the ice cubes! They even put a water cooler in the rooms with filtered water. The food was excellent, and there was a new menu every night. There was always a choice to satisfy everyone. 1-2 meat entrees, a vegetarian entree, and usually 1-2 seafood entres. Deserts were great as well.

All in all, this is one of the best resorts we've ever stayed at. The staff really go above and beyond to make sure your trip is just how you want it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family