“Continued Excellence”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 9, 2014

What a fantastic spot! This was our second trip to Hamanasi. We returned this time with friends and had a wonderful time. We are now certified in diving and so we added diving into our activites. We loved it. The entire dive operation was fantastic. Thanks to Gary and his entire staff. We also did some repeat trips, the Waterfall Hike and some new adventures; the Cave hike. Everything was fantastic. While we love to travel to new places we hope to return to Hamanasi for years to come with our family and friends. It is truly a wonderful vacation.

1  Thank Susie D

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just retuned from our second visit and had an outstanding stay. The, food, service, and snorkeling was beyond our expectations and as a returning guest, our expectations were great. They have expanded their menu and now their food quality and variety is outstanding. The "casa blanca" ambiance while staying at Hamanasi is greatly enhanced by the friendly and knowledgeable staff. We can't wait for our third visit.

Room Tip: No 'wet bar' in the room so bring a soft-sided cooler if you want a cold drink in the middle...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We traveled to Belize for our our first time and just returned from a 5 night stay at Hamanasi with our 14-year-old and 11-year-old sons. Everything about this trip was as good as the preceding reviews say! We were able to stay 4 nights in a deluxe treehouse (perfect for a family of four and the most comfortable beds ever!, simply beautiful inside and out) and then our last night we were in a beachfront room (adequate for a short stay but would not be ideal for a family with teens as it was a bit tight). The staff are so friendly, and food is fresh and delicious, but the best part of the trip was the excursions. Hamanasi employs its own guides and each day we were skirted away through the jungle and lush countryside to learn about the environment, the heritage and history of Maya, Kriol and Garifuna culture that is present in Belize. We loved the Mayflower hike (strenuous, but worth it) and especially the St. Herman's caving trip. For both of these, we had a guide named Alfredo (who goes by Ted) and he knew the name of every single bird and bug we encountered. Alfredo was warm, funny and made these adventures even more special for us. Another highlight of this trip for my family of history buffs was a trip to Tikal in Guatemala. This is a MUST for anyone interested in Maya history. It is not included, but well worth every penny. Tikal is an astonishing Maya city sitting smack dab in the middle of the jungle. Hamanasi guide Lorenzo went with us, but we met up with a Guatemalan guide once we crossed the border. So, in fact, we had two guides! Yet another highlight was riding our bikes into the town of Hopkins and taking a drum lesson at the Garifuna drumming center. Add in snorkling, swimming, time at the pool and beach and it all adds up to the perfect vacation.
I would recommend Hamanasi to anyone who wants to enjoy the beauty and excitement of Belize!

1  Thank jilly l
Reviewed April 3, 2014

First time to Belize, but we knew that Ambergris Kay was not for us--my husband doesn't like the water (islands are out) and none of us like crowds. Hamanasi offered a quiet location, but still with a beautiful beach and plenty of diving and snorkelling opportunities. Plus they offer a variety of interesting inland tours that highlight the nature and cultural wonders of the country. The accommodation was comfortable, food great, atmosphere friendly and quiet (but still sociable), and surroundings sublime. And they take care of you--a totally relaxing, stress-free, but still interesting and, if you want, physically challenging vacation. Great for families or couples (but not the party crowd).

Room Tip: Tree houses are larger and on stilts to put them at tree level; we had beachfront next to the lodge...
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We travelled January 2013 but it wouldn't let me go back that far in the options; we booked the treehouse for our honeymoon for a week stay. Amazing! The tours we got to do were picturesque and fun, super friendly with knowledgable guides. Every part of our stay from the food to the rooms was personalized just for us and made us feel super welcome. The treehouse was well worth the price, little piece of paradise. Much much better then every expected and we plan to go again in the future, maybe for our ten year anniversary:)

Room Tip: The treehouses are super private and it's fun to be up in the trees!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angela D
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was in search of amazing diving at a world class resort and I found it in Hamanasi Resort. The Tree House Rooms are absolutely the way to go if you're going to stay here. It was very special, comfortable and had great attention to detail. The staff at Hamanasi are some of the friendliest I have met at any hotel. You leave there feeling like you're a good friend or even family. I also found the food to be very good.

When it came to diving, Hamanasi does not disappoint. Gary Ball does any excellent job running the dive program. I saw rays, sharks and turtles while diving there. The water was warm and the visibility was excellent.

The only reason why I didn't give this 5-stars are a few minor points mostly out of their control. The beach is nice but not a top tier beach. Although I loved the meals overall, they were more 4-star versus 5-star. Also, internet is always a challenge in Belize but Hamanasi doesn't offer it in any of their rooms, just the main house which was also spotty. Finally, there's no gym there which I think is a necessity these days for a 5-star rating.

This is certainly an amazing option in Belize and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It's ideal for couples but I think most people would be comfortable there due to the 5-star staff.

Room Tip: The Tree House is really the best option, you won't be disappointed. If you're going to inv...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was our first trip to Belize, and I wanted to find something with both beach and jungle. Trip Advisor steered me toward Hamanasi for a small, uncrowded all-inclusive with lovely rooms, a friendly staff, and good adventures. (Don't be put off by the out-of-date website … it simply doesn't do the place justice, and Karina, the manager, says they're in the process of creating a new one.) We LOVED our stay here. My husband, daughter (age 13, adventurous), son (age 9), and I stayed in a Deluxe Treehouse (#25 has a king, and they set up two beds in the large "living room" which still left plenty of space; see pictures) with it's hammock, balcony, kitchenette and fridge, huge bathroom, and AC (which we needed; it was sultry, especially later in the week). All the transfers went exactly as advertised--we reached Belize City, were taken right to the Maya Air counter, where our tickets were waiting for our puddle-jump flight to Dangriga; we were met there by our driver and an AC van and taken straight to Hamanasi, where we were greeted by name (by RoseMary) and taken to our room. I appreciate that this place makes efforts to be eco-friendly. Every guest gets a metal refillable waterbottle (there's purified water jugs in the room) and there are no plastic bottles for shampoos or conditioner or lotion--everything is put in cute little vats and refilled daily. Dinner was delicious--fresh snapper for me, and DO NOT miss the Caye Lime Pie if you like that kind of pie. Mark, the bartender, is charming and has all kinds of fun games and bar tricks to keep children entertained. There's also Yahtzee, chess, Monopoly, etc. in the lounge. We took advantage of several of the adventures included in the package: a snorkel trip, the in-land cave trip, and the Mayflower jungle hike to the waterfall and swimming pool (yes, it's a pretty solid hike; 80 staircases according to my FitBit). However, there are also (not on website info) about 8 other excursions that can be arranged that are not included in the package (Tikal, which some friends did and said was absolutely amazing; a single-day SCUBA program to allow newbies to do a 40-foot dive in the afternoon; horseback riding; river tours, etc.). My husband and son took two fishing trips with local guides, which was not luxurious but was tons of fun; they caught about 50 fish, some of which they brought back and the kitchen grilled for us for dinner, no charge. My daughter and I went waterfall rappelling, which was a bit scary for me, but I felt very very safe with the guides. Things I wish I had known: they do laundry pretty cheaply ($1 for a t-shirt, $1.50 for shorts), and I might have done a carry-on. I wish I'd known that though the first half of the trip had virtually no bugs, as it got hotter toward the end of the week, it got more buggy, even on the beach, and we got nibbled our last day (we'd gotten very lax with the bug spray). I wish we had known the full range of activity options and that we had gone to Tikal. (We were supposed to do the Mayan ruins on Friday, which were very good, we heard, but my daughter had a bad cold and we had to cancel.) I'm glad I didn't bother to bring snorkel gear because theirs was just fine and they wash it with detergent before you get it. I'm also glad we went when we did, March 22-29, as it seems to be getting hotter, and we had perfect weather … 70s to 80s, with no rain during the day at all. The one down side: the Internet in the lobby works (there's no internet, phone, or tv in the room, though there is a docking station for music) but it is very slow and a bit unsteady. We could get mail but couldn't open large attachments reliably.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms (#8) do face the water, but they're also close to the main house where dinner i...
1  Thank Karen085260
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 13 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!