Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Hopkins Bay, a Muy'Ono Resort(Hopkins)
$169
  • Pool
$160
TripAdvisor
2,092 results
All reviewsdeluxe treehousehamanasi stafftree housemayan ruinsour honeymoonc doglion fishinland adventuresmayflower hikeorganic gardenbig daddyadventure centersea dogbeachfront roomblue holehamanasi offersother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Hamanisi. We stayed for 1 week and felt like we didn't have enough time to do all the adventures we wanted to do in addition to our R&R days. There were so many options that it was hard to choose from. The premisis and accomodations (we stayed in the delux treehouse) were amazing and very well maintained. The hotel mastered it down to the fine details from the staff learning our names and always saying hello to us to having personalized notes in our room welcoming us on our honeymoon.

The food was fantastic. The menu is on a 9 day rotation. Even the bread is changed daily. We initially thought we would go into town to have a few meals but we never felt like we needed to. In fact, other resort guests came to Hamanasi for meals. We would also recommend doing the private dinner on the beach. It was truly a special event.

I received my diving certification at Hamanasi by doing the closed water dives and open water dives. My instructor was C-Dog who was very professional. He thoroughly explained instructions and expectations clearly prior to attempting or practicing any skill. He even entertained my wishes to look for certain wildlife while doing our open water dives after the skills tests were completed. I highly recommend getting certified in Belize as the reefs are amazing and with C-Dog in particular.

Room Tip: We had room 25 which is completely private with a wrap around porch and outdoor jaccuzi. No other guests pass the treehouse in order to reach their own.
2  Thank TravelBug683
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We arrived just after the HEAVY rainfall, as the waters were receding. You wouldn't have know anything had been challenging in the previous days-everyone was relaxed and happy. The staff at Hamanasi are exactly as everyone reports-exceptionally good at making you feel comfortable.
My husband doesn't dive, so we started with snorkeling-even with less than optimal visibility due to rains, it was exciting and educational.
I decided to try a scuba dive later in the trip; it had been 25 years since my last northern california challenging dive. The dive crew planned out a safe review of skills for me, then a one to one dive to make sure I was comfortable. I found the entire dive team to be skilled,calm,very, very safe and insightful. They do not cut corners on safety.
Inland tours not to miss: Mayflower hike and Cave and Jungle Hike. Very rigorous and worth every bit of energy.
We visited a deluxe tree house-amazing place, but we had booked ocean-view room and loved it. Our room had ipod dock clock-we have new phones that didn't fit; bring your ipod for some quiet music in your room.
Re: bugs-bring high and low concentration deet products. High for the jungle trips and low for your new cologne....
Breakfast buffet was more than fulfilling, lunch and dinner plenty of menu options.
Enjoy!!

3  Thank alaskanext
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Perfect resort for a Belize getaway! Staff is about as friendly as they come (especially the four legged ones- meet Orchid if you can- she's the secret one!) , and couldn't have been more helpful. Grounds are well kept, and tours both diving and inland were fantastic with knowledgeable guides. The food was fantastic as well- this place is definitely worth the money, I can't think of one thing I'd change here. We'll return for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed in both the beachfront room, and the treehouse. Both were great -the treehouse is supposed to be an upgrade, but at the end of the trip, I found that I preferred the normal room. The beachfront room is perfect with the sunrise and sunset, and is quiet enough. There were six to a building, but once inside, they were very spacious. The treehouses, while secluded, are back in the forest (and thus their name), and seemed rather humid inside despite air conditioning. Stay in a treehouse if you like to nap, as the forest will keep it shady and dark all day.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Bonding with a 16 year old son is challenging on the best of vacations, but this did happen at Hamanasi. We chose Belize for Scuba, we chose Hamanasi for the variety of land & sea activities, & we weren't disappointed.
Though we loved the scuba, the snorkeling was also fabulous.
We enjoyed exploring the town on their bikes & we LOVED the "wet cave" tour, Actun Tunichil Muknal, which, though pricey, is worth every penny. We were talked in to this by another tourist, something else that happens at Hamanasi, since it's small enough to get to know other folks.
The staff top to bottom are excellent, kind, helpful & knowledgeable. They were very accommodating, only upgrading things when there were any issues, making the whole trip even more adventuresome & memorable. Do this!
(I never write reviews, so I do mean that!)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LauraJBC
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I haven't read any reviews for Hamanasi yet, but I am sure I only add to the accolades. The dive and adventure staff are top notch. Most organized, friendly, accomadating and experienced staff and operation I have ever encountered. The same goes for the kitchen and hotel staff. Expect to be greeted by your first name by the wait staff, bar tender and dive boat staff. Thanks C Dog and Big Daddy. The food is terrific. The chef is award winning and you will not want to eat anywhere else. We arrived during the worst rain event they had ever experienced. With water accumulating, the management and grounds staff had things under control and had an action plan should flooding reach a critical level. What could have been a disaster turned out to be a terrific week thanks to the Hamanasi team. Made it to The Blue Hole and Glovers reef. Good dive boats.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends