“Unforgettable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
“Unforgettable”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights here with our 4-year-old son in late August and loved every minute. We were a bit worried about bringing a young child to an exclusive resort, but within minutes of arriving, when our son happily accepted his own chilled fruit juice in a child friendly cup, we knew we had made a great choice. The staff could not have been kinder and more attentive, and our son was entranced by the experiences he had. Excursions were able to be modified to match what he could handle (turned out he kept up with us just fine), he had a menu of his own to choose from nightly, and the treehouse offered him his own separate bed which meant everyone slept well. From the reusable water bottles to the fudge in our room, the patience and thoughtfulness of the staff (thank you Ems, Rosemarie, Karina, Melania, Charles, Kenneth, just to name a few!), the grounds, the activities, the pool, there is absolutely nothing we would change. We will absolutely be back when our son is old enough for zip lining, the caves and to revisit the gems of this amazing country! (and the bugs were virtually nonexistent, except in the jungle).

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Courtney V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The room was great, the staff was way friendly, and the food was pretty fantastic. The tours were a lot of fun and the place was beautiful. We had a really great time and have absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
Austin
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Oh my where to start? Right from the beginning with great customer service from Patricia and Gilda in reservations to our driver back to Dangriga it was non-stop vacation perfection. My best friend and I came down to celebrate my 60th birthday and Hamanasi was one of the best decisions ever made. Dive crews were the best - incredible patience, great humor, and phenomenal vision - I swear they could see a one inch fish from a mile away!! Shout out to C-Dog ("follow me, the handsome black man with the black and yellow fins"), Sam I Am ('we're starting our party the minute you leave Barbara), Martin (your patience with the older diver who had to abort his first dive but completed his second because of your help was remarkable), Gary (patience of Job) and all - thanks!! To our guides Pedro (zipline) and Hartfield (Mayan ruins) it was fun for the former and an educational experience for the latter. I learned so much about the Mayans I could be a tour guide now (well not really but you get the picture). We had a beachfront room, very spacious, clean with a large porch with a hammock and two chairs. Their sustainability practices were evident everywhere - locally made soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, huge vegetable garden (thanks Nathan for the personalized tour) and even a large compost area. Almost all of the staff are locals and they seem to be quite happy and love their jobs. We met one of the founders (I like that they refer to themselves as founders, not owners) and we can see why the place was so wonderful. Hamanasi employees are perceived and treated as extended family (in this case a good thing) and it reflected in their attitudes and treatment of their guests. Front Office - Melonie, Louise, Karina (the Magnificent!) and Darwin, you were a joy to interact with. Special thanks to Birilla, Elvira, Kim, Suzet and Mark (the bartender) for your helpfulness and upbeat attitude. I'm still talking about the size of my birthday lobster - it was the size of a small volkswagen I tell you!

I chose Hamanasi ultimately because of their support of the local humane society. Belize is a very poor country and the strays in so many of the villages will break your heart. With the assistance of Hamanasi however the local village of Hopkins has created a humane society the envy of many others. US vets come down and volunteer their services in spay/neuters, medical, flea/tick treatment, etc. Hamanasi is a huge supporter and encourages their guests to donate (I have suggested a donation box in the lobby) to both the humane society and the local school.

I have never returned to a vacation site (I also have wanderlust) but my friend and I are planning on going back in two years for my 62nd birthday. Am counting down the days!

Thanks Hamanasi for a job well done and a birthday to remember!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank austxdiver
media, pa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There are not many places especially "Dive Resorts " that get any better then Hamanasi.
The hotel, the location, the staff. the food, Bar, shuttle service, management, but especially the diving.
I am a PADI Dive instructor, ex Live aboard " Dive Boat Captain " etc.-etc. The dive program, boats and staff, were first class. If I did not have "Incurable Wonder Lust " I would go back to Hamanasi again and again. But you can be sure I will go again on my next trip to " Hopkins "

Room Tip: They are all great, If you want to spend a little more opt for the " Tree House ". We act...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Catamaran450
Warwick, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The customer service at Hamanasi is second to none! This was the vacation that we will measure all other vacations against. The staff was friendly and wonderful, the snorkel and dive masters were knowledgeable and safety conscious. The rainforest/Mayan ruins guides taught us so much. Meals were delicious and varied with cuisine for every palate. We cannot say enough about how wonderful our experience was! A paradise experienced with consideration for the environment and the culture.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jaquar2
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the prompt and courteous reservation clerks to the initial greeting with cold fruit juice cocktail and personalized welcome written on a philodendron leaf inside our hibiscus adorned room to the concerned waitress who brewed ginger tea to soothe my husband's queasy stomach that first night (due to a bad meal at another resort the night before), to the smiling helpful staff every day, our stay was a delight. The staff will go out of their way to please you and ensure a grand vacation. The food was quite good, the room a perfect tropical retreat, the excursions fun and informative. And we loved the rescue cats and dogs roaming the grounds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AMH913
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband chose Belize (as a surprise honeymoon destination!) and we both could not have been happier with his decision! Hamanasi was tucked away on beautiful beaches in Belize so we could enjoy the peace and quiet but still bike into town for some drinks and nighttime entertainment. The scuba diving was some of the best we have done- and Elvis, our instructor, was entertaining and very educated when giving us the Advanced Scuba training we were looking for. The pool area is very nice here and relaxing with beautiful views. We loved sitting on the hammocks and chairs on the beach while having a drink to really enjoy the evening. The food was delicious at Hamanasi and dinner on the beach was everything you could want and more! We booked daily adventures (hiking up the waterfall, into the dry cave & scuba) and the staff was super accommodating and friendly. We truly give Hamanasi the highest rating and recommend that you check it out!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!