“Wonderful place, wonderful people!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Seneca, Missouri
“Wonderful place, wonderful people!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Excellent place that is not "touristy". We really felt like we got to know the people of the area. The staff were wonderful and so very helpful. I can't believe that they remember everyone's name!! It was such a nice, personal touch. The food was great with a lot of chocies. The trips were awesome! I would recommend to friends and family for sure!

Room Tip: Beach front rooms were great-- and great views. You literally walked out of your room on the beach.
1 Thank Robin M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hamanasi is truly a special place to spend a vacation, a honeymoon, or a wedding! My wife and I recently spent our honeymoon at Hamanasi (August 7th-17th), and it far exceeded any expectations that we might have had prior to our arrival. Hamanasi is the perfect combination of serenity and action--you can sit by the pool and enjoy a book or a drink, or you can hike into the jungle with one of their many expert guides (Ems, Hartfield, Pedro, or Golden) or dive at one of the many offered dive spots (Barrier reef, Glover's Atoll, Turneffe Atoll). Either way, the experience is simply outstanding!

Put simply, if you have the opportunity to stay here, do it! If you like scuba diving, eco-tours, caving, etc--you should definitely have this place on your radar. If you are getting married, I could imagine no better place to honeymoon. If you want to do a destination wedding, you can find no better place than Hamanasi. Will I be going back to Hamanasi in the future? Without a doubt, YES!

Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my second visit to Hamanasi in the past two years. I rarely go anywhere twice, but when my older daughter wanted to go somewhere with me, we had to find a place that would work for both of us. I love to scuba dive and she doesn't and she just wanted to do art projects with some local children. Hamanasi and Hopkins Village were the answer. It was great to work with the staff to arrange our visit. Karina was great as always and she managed to coordinate art classes for Zan who ended up doing art in town 5 out of 8 days. I got to do 6 great dives and some snorkeling so it worked out for both of us. We stayed in a treehouse (the best) and took our meals at Hamanasi- great food and ambiance- and also met some interesting people at the hotel which was fun. Karina and the front desk staff also arranged a private tour for us of Tikal and the ATM Caves and we had a great adventure with a lovely guide.

The Hamanasi staff are the best, from reception to the restaurant, to housekeeping, and the dive shop crew. Everyone is cheerful, polite, and eager to make your holiday the best that it can be for you. I really appreciate the Hamanasi Family and applaud the owners for running it so well. 5 stars all the way. :)

Room Tip: Get a Treehouse if you can. Privacy and jungle sounds.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alohamary
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2013

There is a reason there are almost 1,000 "excellent" reviews of Hamanasi--because it really is EXCELLENT! Beginning with our very first communication with the Hamanasi Staff to book our trip, through our entire visit and up until we were delivered back to the airport for our adventurous flight from Hamansi to Belize Intl Airport, the entire experience was Excellent.

The accommodations (we were a family of 4 in a tree house) were so very unique, eco-friendly and "cool". The dining areas, indoors and out, were so peaceful and inviting. The food, local fare of every kind, was very generous in portions and of excellent variety. I am a fairly voracious eater and had pre-trip concerns of not enough food, but can tell you those fears were entirely unfounded. We were all very well fed--even on field trips. The quantity and quality of food, whether you were eating healthy or going for broke (or on a special diet like one couple we befriended during our stay) was consistently excellent. Seriously, even when we were full, we all ordered a different dessert after dinner so we could sample as much of the goodness as possible! Over 5 days/nights, we never had to eat the same thing twice, but we sure could have! Everything was so good!

The excursions also were excellent. The team that took us scuba diving was highly professional, highly coordinated, yet so gregarious and fun--like diving with old friends, but they did all the work! The guides that took us on various day trips--kayaking, waterfall hiking, caving, etc. were local guys, many of Mayan descent, all very friendly and knowledgeable. The trips included in our "package" were all very unique and fun. We only regret not having more days to have done more!

When any of the four of us decided to take a day (or half-day) off from excursions, the resort could not have been more relaxing. The pool area was clean and serene, the dock was breezy and mesmerizing both day or night, and spending time in the hammocks, spread throughout the resort, was such a peaceful, simple pleasure. My kids loved interacting with a few dogs and cats from the nearby animal rescue that have been fortunate to have made Hamanasi their home. And interestingly, my general observation is that Hamanasi attracts or brings out the best in most humans we encountered,too. We met some good people from various places and walks of life and everyone seemed pleasant and grateful to have been there.

A couple other good things worth noting. You never really have to carry cash, unless you are looking to buy souvenirs or other items off-resort. My kids did get a kick out of buying some cool hand crafted items in the middle of the jungle during one of our trips. On resort, even though everything is all included, there will be times that you might want to tip someone--yes, the service is that good, but don't worry about carrying cash, you will have ample opportunity to leave a general or specifically-designated tip, should you desire, when your stay is over.

Let's see, in parting, I will give two recommendations--(1) bring or rent (they have them at Hamanasi) an underwater camera. The reefs and often wet excursions are worth the hassle of bringing an underwater/waterproof camera and (2) you are not going to want to leave so splurge and "stay the extra day" when you make your own reservation. I promise you will not regret doing so.

There are many places in the world I want to experience, but Hamansi is already on the radar for a second round.

Enjoy!

Dan

Room Tip: We wanted the unique experience of a tree house unit, and LOVED it, but the beach-facing villas look...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DanLevineCPA
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had our first trip to Hamanasi February of this year for 8 days. We loved it so much we returned the end of July for 10 days. Everyone remembered us when we returned. It was almost like coming home. The meals are fantastic and large portions. My husband and I shared a couple of meals together and that worked out great. My husband dove and then did a couple of snorkel trips with me. The Dive Masters and the Snorkel Guides were fantastic. The pool area is beautiful. Kenneth comes by to check if you need a drink and Mark is a great bartender. The management staff is wonderful as well. There is construction going on at the main house for a future restaurant. They stop the construction during meals, but if you linger a bit at breakfast and lunch and the construction is starting the management lets you know and will tell you that if the noise bothers you we stop. How amazing is that? I just left at that point and left for the pool. We stayed in a Treehouse which was lovely. The bed was comfy and we had two notes in our room welcoming us back. We were able to see birds and one morning an iguana was on the skylight of our bathroom. How amazing. Again, we had a wonderful trip and yes we plan to return next year!

Room Tip: We have stayed in a beach front room and a Treehouse and we loved both.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LikesToTravel504
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2013

By husband and I just got back from our honeymoon, spending 12 days at the Hamanasi Resort. We can't rave about it enough. We expected it to be beautiful and knew we would have a fantastic time, but this place truly goes above and beyond. By the second day, the staff all knows your name (there are only 25 rooms on the resort so its a very personal experience), and everyone is eager to help you in every way. We stayed in a deluxe treehouse which was definitely worth the extra money. It was secluded, tucked away and we felt like royalty. The bed was incredibly comfortable but I think our favourite part of the room was the bathroom. The double headed showers, double sinks, huge mirrors and adorable vanity made me realize what my dream bathroom would look like. Not only was this resort a friendly environment but the food was absolutely amazing. The 3 course dinners every night were always 5 star quality. Being an adventure resort, many other tourists were gone during the day, leaving the pool, beach and dock open with very few visitors. There was never a shortage of hammocks to lay in on the beach. With that said, we went on 7 different adventures and they all left you wanted to adventure every day. Some were a really good work out (black hole drop through caves branch), some were adrenaline rushing (zip line) and some were relaxing (snorkelling, river kayak). You must remember your feet bug spray! You won't think they are out there, but tiny sand flies bite you and numb your skin and then you don't see or feel them. Bug spray wherever you go and even to lay on the beach. Overall, this was the perfect mix of beach and adventure. Relaxing and adrenaline. If you are between this and another resort, pick Hamanasi, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Deluxe treehouse #24! Book in advance and request it! We even had a gipnut relaxing in our water bow...
1 Thank Samantha V
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Tops on my places to visit - I can't wait to go back. From the smiles and welcome we received upon arrival to the day we left, everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. The food was outstanding - with dinner main courses different every night with a couple of "you can get any night" to the best breakfast breads that were different daily and I must mention the amazing deserts - the banana thing - OMG had it three of the four nights with a brownie in between! :) We did the Mayan tour, diving and ATM Cave Tour - I highly recommend the diving and Cave Tour - with one caveat to the cave tour. They mention you have to swim at the entrance - yes you do and the water is VERY cold. What they don't mention is that you are in water I would say probably 85% of the 3 hour cave portion of the tour. From ankle, waist to neck/swimming throughout. There is also a portion where you have to remove your shoes for the remainder of the climb (on rocks - sharp, hard, painful on my feet) to the area where the artifacts are located. You go out the same way you came in - so just when you think its over, you have to do it all over again. I would still do this again, it tested my limits at times because it was scary getting through portions of it, but one of the best things to see and do! And the diving, I can't say enough about it. Water was perfect, clear, tons to see.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!