“Hamanasi in May”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just beautiful. First rate experience all the way around. Takes some time to get there but well worth the effort. Excellent food and service. Every day they had a different menu so you did not get bored with the food. I really cannot say anything bad about this Resort, it was wonderful.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Beachfront room. It was perfect, close to pool and restaurant, but still secluded...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,003)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My two friends and I stayed at Hamanasi almost two years ago (August 2011) for eight days and I STILL rave about it. It was one of the best trips I've ever had. It was a fun and affordable trip!
The accommodations were absolutely divine-- comfortable beds, plenty of space, air conditioned, and a nice bathroom. The staff was incredibly hospitable and learned our names immediately. The adventures that we took were well planned and the guides were very knowledgeable. We did the following adventures: Jaguar Preserve (Cockscomb), snorkeling, kayaking in the river, zip-lining and cave tubing, and Xunantunich Mayan Ruins.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Allison Jean T
Reviewed May 11, 2013

5 star place to stay. The people at Hamanasi make your stay feel like you are their number one priority. Once you arrive you are welcomed with a smile and called by name. A special welcome drink is served and you and your luggage are taken to your room, tree house, or deluxe tree house. All three are very nice and comfortable.

We stayed at Hamanasi for the second time from April 26,2013 through May 3, 2013. We were hoping to see the whale sharks, but they were a no show. That did not hamper our stay in any way. Hamanasi offers a variety of land tours as well as exceptional diving. The tour guides and dive crew are very well trained and knowledgeable. You can enjoy something different on each day of your stay.

We are already looking forward to our next stay. Seven days is just not long enough.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

An appropriate review of Hamanasi would be obnoxiously long because I would bestow superlatives on every element of a vacation and every employee of Hamanasi. So, assuming you are reading all the other reviews, which I echo, I want to answer some of the questions I had as they relate to Diving, Meals, Bathroom supplies (for the ladies), and Bugs.

DIVING
If this is the first place you dive, you will be ruined for the rest of your diving career. The dive shop guys do EVERYTHING. You meet them on the dock and hand them your gear bag (wetsuit, mask, fins, etc) which they bring down from the shop and leave next to the boat! Your BC is already on a tank on the boat. At the end of the trip, you get off the boat. They take ALL gear back to the shop. They must rinse it all too. The gear never smelled! They have 3 boats. Small, Medium, and Large for the faraway reefs. Water and juice onboard. Fresh fruit served at surface intervals. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT guys.

David and I were in Belize to dive with whale sharks as a celebration of David's 50th. Too bad the whale sharks didn't show up. We were there April 24-May 1. We went out on April 28 and 29. We saw other sharks, big turtles, rays, but no whale sharks. I'm sure they showed up on the 1st as we were flying away. I haven't had the courage to call and ask!

If you want, for a fee, the guides will teach you spearfish and you can kill lionfish and bring them back and Chef will serve them to you for dinner!

Meals
Breakfast is a buffet: yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, breakfast meat, sweet breads, granola/meusli cereals, muffins, bread, jellies, and no fewer than five fruit juices!

Lunch
The lunch menu changes daily and thee isn't a bad order. There are good vegetarian dishes and we met a woman on a gluten-free diet who told us the servers would tell her every day (without her asking) which dishes she could eat. Chef made a special dessert for her every night!!!! Highlights included: snapper wrap (or was it grouper?), these fried corn discs with chicken and salsa on top, grouper sandwich.

Dinner
The dinners were delicious. Highlights included: carrot/ginger/coconut soup, spinach/mushroom lasagna, chicken tortilla soup. I think they called it an onion soup, but it's a clear chicken broth (I think it had some lime in it) with a big chunk of chicken and tortillas. My favorite dessert was the pana cotta.

BATHROOM SUPPLIES
The bathroom has a good hairdryer and really nice shampoo and conditioner in small wooden pots in the shower. Don't risk an in-suitcase explosion. My colored hair was silky smooth all week. The moisturizer, also in a small wooden pot, on the sink was very nice too. You have a water bubbler in your bathroom and water bottles that you get to take home. They take hydration SERIOUSLY!

BUGS
We were there in late April. If there was a breeze, which there almost always was, there were no bugs. The last night we ate dinner on the beach patio. It is so, so lovely. The wind died and we did not even realize we were being eaten. So, they didn't even come close to being a nuisance or ruining our evening. But they did make us itch the next day.

I'm happy to answer questions and am envious of anyone planning a trip that includes a stay at Hamanasi.

Room Tip: If you are in an oceanfront room, try to avoid the lower level rooms that are on the end that is nex...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lissa C
Reviewed May 5, 2013

For our Honeymoon, the end of April 2013, we stayed in a Deluxe Tree House at Hamanasi... it was amazing! The tree house was awesome and very private. The staff knew us by name and were very helpful and attentive. The food was delicious, like going to a high end restaurant for ever meal. I really can't say enough good things about this place. The staff makes sure you have everything you need and help with all the excursions or outings you could ever want to go on. All the tour guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. My husband and I hope to get back to Hamanasi, we would highly recommend this resort to any of our friends, it has something for everyone!!

Room Tip: For privacy get a tree house!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RooMooners
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Absolutely fabulous staff! Service definitely comes first and they are all about the guests. We stayed for a week and did 3 dive trips and 3 Mayan ruins trips and there was plenty more to do. Biggest complaint I had (and it isn't much of a complaint) was the lack of planning for the additional fee trips. One of the main reasons we picked Hamanasi was for the ease of getting to Glover's Reef, yet they were reluctant to start a sign up for the trip citing lack of interest....however, once we convinced them to put a sign out up they had 12 people, well more than the 8 they required. So my advice to them....put sign up sheets out for the trips and if you don't get the required 8 people, then cancel...but at least give your guests the choice! Having said all that...the staff moved heaven and earth to arrange an ATM Cave/Tikal trip for us...both of which are "must see's"! Rooms were very clean, as was the rest of the resort. The food....OUTSTANDING and they happily supplied smaller portions when asked. The bar is a bit limited, but the drinks were well made. IF you plan on drinking a lot, recommend bringing a bottle of your choice from the duty free shop. Divemasters were very professional and boat crews were very helpful. Don't plan on sleeping late, most of the trips start 0700-0830 and the birds around the resort get a bit loud at sunrise. Highly recommend Hamanasi!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Tree House and it was VERY nice. Very private and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Menace03
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The staff was amazing! The girls at the front desk were always pleasant and professional. The saying for the week by repeat and new hamamasi guests "just ask and the staff will get it done". Mark the bartender made delicious drinks and kenneth the outside waiter was never without a smile. C-dog was my dive instructer for the week as I got scuba certified during my trip! Martin, Sam, floyd and Dave the captain made each trip fun and stressfree. I stayed in the treehouse ( which is why I chose Hamanasi) and it Madeira solo traveling trip a gift from God! I stayed in the ocean front for my last night and it was great for the last night, but I wouldn't have had quite the same experience if that had been my room for the week! Black hole drop was worth the car rental and hr long drive! All in all Hamanasi belize met my needs for a retreat/adventure vacation !!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Pointrn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Belizean Dreams Resort
Belizean Dreams Resort
#2 of 13 in Hopkins
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!