“I miss the view, breakfast bar & service. Can y'all move to my house?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Oxford, Mississippi, United States
“I miss the view, breakfast bar & service. Can y'all move to my house?”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've been back home for two weeks, and have woken up every morning wishing that the view, the breakfast bar and the outstanding service could be found in my home. The property is beautiful and extremely well maintained, the resort team go out of their way to make each guest feel welcomed and well-cared for, and the food is delicious. I didn't have much time during my trip to take advantage of the many available activities, but I'm already thinking about how to fit them in my next trip to the lovely little village of Hopkins.

I loved this resort, and can hardly wait to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kate K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hamanasi is simply the best service experience we've ever encountered. Having traveled widely and stayed in many nice resorts, Hamanasi distinguishes itself with a complete culture of guest satisfaction. The property itself is wonderful, very relaxing and well-maintained with comfortable accommodations. The formula is this physical setting with a menu of activities from which you can choose: dives, tours etc. The guides on these trips are knowledgeable, friendly and provide the personalized attention that made you feel more of a feeling of immersion than of being a tourist. The only time I recalling hearing the word "no" at Hamanasi when we made special requests was when they said "no problem". There were a multitude of small events that have lead me to write this review (only my second ever). One evening one of our sons was not feeling well and he left the dinner area prior to eating his dinner. Although it happened without any fanfare, the staff noticed and insisted that they be allowed to take his dinner to him at the treehouse (there is no room service, meals are taken at the dining room and the patio). Another example was regarding excursions, although they were offered on specific days, we were a large family and more than once they made special arrangements for us outside of the normal schedule. We went snorkeling as part of a larger group to do a reef dive from a dive boat. The staff recognized that we were novices and we were taken to a small island on the way to the reef and let off with a staff member who gave us individual instruction on the basics and then progressed us as group from shore to a nearby reef and then ultimately we reintegrated with the group. We did not prearrange this and had gotten on the boat expecting to figure it out as we went but the with the typical sensitivity that Hamanasi has for anticipating the needs of the guests this is the way it was done. In summary, great place, great service, recommended without reservation.

Room Tip: We stayed in two tree houses: parents had one tree house and the four children, age 13-23 had a sepa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael L
Beggs, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have never taken the time to write a review before but Hamanasi deserves one. From the moment we arrived this place was the best we have ever experienced. There was a slight problem with our room being ready when we arrived so even though we would only have a short wait they put us in the honeymoon suit for the first night. The staff was wonderful, the food fantastic and the resort itself was stunning. I truly have never experienced this level of customer service before. Most of the staff knew our names after the first day. One of the deserts we had was creme brûlée. My son mentioned that he liked it so they made it again just for him on our last night there. If you have the chance please give Hamanasi a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Wendi0209
Paris, France
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently spent a week at the resort while I volunteered for the Hopkins Humane Society. The staff were as kind to me as the animals. The property is clean, well maintained. The food is great and plentiful. This week there were lots of families so I must assume they were having a great time as well. I only wish there were more time to enjoy all the activities the resort offered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cavecreekaz
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Walking on to the front veranda after long flights, you have an immediate feeling of having arrived somewhere special. The cooling trade winds off the Caribbean compliment the cold drink in your hand and the shade from a plantation style main lodge with veranda and in no time you relax into the Belizean/Hopkins vibe. The staff are so friendly and the attention to detail is outstanding. We loved the gardens, the pool, and the hammocks/loungers under the palm trees. Orientation was personal and not rushed. With only 62 guests, the feel was intimate and personal. Wait staff quickly knew our names, preferences, arranged a table for the week for our party of six . My wife's dietary (celiac) needs were attended to with lots of great options. The food here is really good with interesting Mayan, Spanish, Belizean and Garifuna influences. I loved the smell and taste of the fresh bread baked in house daily, and a different variety every day; and fresh Casava bread for the GF option.
For those of us who do not like the static nature of beach vacations, Hamanasi is the place. Daily diving or snorkelling trips, jungle and waterfall hikes, cave tubing, zip lining, kayaking, Mayan tours, and wild life tours. I saw more wildlife in one day with Hamanasi guides than I did in 3 months on my own living in Belize 30 years ago.
Organizing the week felt a bit like arranging a schedule at summer camp for grown ups but paid off with many rich and varied experiences. Bugs were not a problem for us but anyone who reacts to bugs in general may have a problem here. Use bug spray and dress appropriately in the evening.
We will be back.....thanks Hamanasi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is our second visit to Hopkins, and to Hamanasi. This is such a haven for fun activities and is in general an amazingly unique resort. It offers so much, between mainland adventures, sightseeing tours, diving and snorkeling, or just hanging out at the resort, there is never a dull moment.

My husband and I are divers, and you really can't beat the convenience of leaving your treehouse or beach suite to the boat dock within minutes and ready to go on your dive trip for the day. We also hiked through St. Harmon's cave and went on a Mayan temple tour. Both excursions were just breathtaking and very impressive. The tour guide was very knowledgable and enthusiastic. The food and dining service at Hamanasi is out of this world, and the guest services are exceptionally wonderful. This is one of those places where I can safely say the people (staff members and locals) there really make it a memorable experience. We will be returning in the next couple years with family members because this is the type of place you want to share with those you love, but at the same time you want to keep it as your secret. =)

There's nothing quite like it, and for that reason we will be returning again and again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DandJSchaetz
Elko New Market
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our trip to Belize was everything we had hoped it would be, thanks to Hamanasi. Everything within Hamanasi's control was first-rate. We were delighted with the well-kept grounds and beach, the clean and comfortable accommodations, the variety of excursion choices, and every delicious meal, whether at the resort or on an excursion. More than anything, though, we commend the staff for their service, hospitality and knowledge.They were friendly, helpful and instructive without doting on us excessively. We highly recommend Hamanasi to anyone and look forward to returning some day.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Beachfront room. For a more private setting (no shared walls), choose a tree house. W...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John_Amy2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!