Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
  • Beachfront
Belizean Dreams Resort(Hopkins)
Coconut Row(Hopkins)
2,111 results
All reviewsdeluxe treehousehamanasi stafftree housemayan ruinsour honeymoonc doglion fishinland adventuresmayflower hikeorganic gardenbig daddyadventure centersea dogbeachfront roomblue holehamanasi offersother guests
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hamanasi
We did not stay at the Hamanasi resort. My wife and I wanted to go diving and the hotel we were staying with did not have a dive trip going out that could meet our schedule. Our hotel contacted the Hamanasi Dive Center to see what was available, and they did have diving spots for us. The staff at Hamanasi welcomed us into their operation even though we were not guests at their resort. The entire Hamanasi resort operation was first rate from the employee who met us in the parking area to assist us in finding our way through the resort to the guest services offering us a cup of coffee and a ride to and from our hotel. The dive program is outstanding. One of the best operations we have ever dived with. The Divemasters carry themselves as professionals and are cheerful, fun, and enthusiastic. They are willing to work with their clients’ wishes during the dives without making you feel as if you are part of a herd. They even took us to a spot where my wife a few days prior lost her mask to help to see if they could locate it. Cdog and Martin and others were great. George of guest services was wonderful. We just could not ask for more. My wife is an underwater photographer and the Divemasters allowed her to take all the time she needed to try to get the best pictures possible. My wife and I are retired Dive Instructors who travel and dive all over the world. I would highly recommend the Hamanasi Resort and Diving center to the novice or well experienced. It is simply the best service, diving, food, and coffee so far in the Caribbean/Central America.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank William L
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a great place with some of the genuinely friendly staff who made our stay special. My husband fell ill on our 1st night & the response by the resort, local doctor & hospital was fantastic. Thankfully he made a quick recovery & after a day on the beach & by the pool we were out & about on the tours. The roads were a bit of a trial but repairs are planned and you should not let this stop you experiencing this top class resort.

1  Thank Dawn A
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I knew we were in for something great when we were prompltly picked up at the airport and the driver gave us a non-stop scenic and historic tour and lecture, riddled with local color and humor. The local village was quiet, peaceful and incredibly diverse; the grounds were impeccable; the staff was top-notch and super friendly and competent. We were greeted with refreshing drinks and a welcome unlike any other. The note in our room wished us the best vacation ever, and that's exactly what we got. We came for the diving, and it was the very best we have ever experienced. The land tours and adventures were also amazing, and made us vow to come back, since we focused most of our attention on diving.

What was totally unexpected was the absolute luxury of the resort, beauty of the culturally diverse and historically rich area and the attentiveness of the staff. The food warrants special praise - it was really worthy of a gourmet location and very unexpected at a small resort out of the limelight. The resort has an amazing kitchen staff and chef (all female!). The entire resport is clearly committed to environmentally friendly operations and maintanance, so we could actually enjoy being spoiled without feeling guilty. The resort also supports local businesses, the local Humane Society and local education - truly a responsible and sustainable venture! I'm donating to the Human Society in the name of Ginger, the diminutive one-eyed resort cat (and Princess of the resort) and the very friendly Belizean dogs.

The sand fleas can be a challenge, but served as a reminder that we in fact had not died and gone to heaven. This is a very special place run by very special people. I'm so glad I had Belize and the Blue Hole on my "bucket list," and that we stumbled onto the Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort. We will most definitely return!

Room Tip: All the rooms are exceptional! The birds will wake you up in time for your adventures, and the ocean will lull you to sleep.
1  Thank Jo F
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Every positive comment we read on Trip Advisor about Hamanasi is true. My husband and I chose Hamanasi based on the Trip Advisor reviews and celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary there. We were there from Feb 25 - March 4 (8 days/7 nights) and were NOT happy about leaving! The staff, the management personnel, the food, the accommodations, the surroundings, the Adventure Tours - EVERYTHING was outstanding.

We did seven dives while there (in 3 days of diving) and Terrill and C-Dog were both outstanding dive masters. We had not dived in a year and felt very comfortable and safe with both Terrill and C-Dog and they both pointed out lots of great sea-life that we would have missed without them.
We swam with hawk bill turtles and sea turtles and spotted eagle rays and moray eels and sharks and lionfish and parrotfish and grouper and tarpon - the list just goes on and on. Dale was our boat captain and he can drive our boat anytime - excellent captain. A GREAT DIVE EXPERIENCE!

Golden was our awesome tour guide when we visited the Mayan Ruins (highly recommend you do this) and we learned so much from him. He was first rate in every way.

Pedro was our awesome tour guide on the Rain Forest/Waterfall Tour and we can't thank Pedro enough for sharing his vast knowledge of the jungle. I loved everything we did but this tour was my FAVORITE. We saw a tarantula, tasted termites (yep - and they tasted like carrots!) and the whole hike was fun and beautiful and challenging.

The resort is managed by such wonderful people. Karina (Manager of Guest Services) could not have been more helpful. She made sure we had a wonderful day, every day. Suzet, Supervisor of Dining, spoke with us every evening and insured that each meal was special. Chef Sheridan gave us several recipes we can't wait to try and even came out and talked in detail with my husband about exactly how to cook the ribs her special way.

Mark, our bartender, taught us very cool "bar games" to share with family and friends and made wonderful drinks (you have to try the Pain Killa and the Belizean Sunset).

On top of the wonderful service and accommodations and food, the Hamanasi is VERY Green. They compost all the leftovers and use them to fertilize their beautiful garden (Francis, the gardener gave us a tour) from which many of the fruits and vegetables are derived.

And, Hamanasi ALSO supports Hopkins, the small village one mile away. They help with school supplies, assist in the spay/neuter program of the Humane Society - the list goes on. It felt good knowing we were supporting an enterprise which is a good corporate citizen.

Can you tell we had fun? It really was a trip of a lifetime. I would HIGHLY recommend Hamanasi to everyone.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hamanasi Resort is the place you want to retire at. Because that is an impossibility, staying there for the 8 nights we did was a wonderful alternative! From the first moment getting picked up at Dangriga airport to the last moment on our drive back to the same airport, our experience was remarkable. The staff? I cannot tell you how incredibly nice they were to us. Every single one remembered our names every single day. THAT is customer service at it's finest. From Karina and Melonie at the front desk advising and helping us every day, to Ambro at the bar with a smile and a greeting daily, to Kim, Elvira, and all our waitstaff asking how our days were and if they could bring us anything at all...such a wonderful team they all are!! Anything we asked for was addressed immediately. The food was outstanding. Amazing fresh choices daily and regular staples, as well.

A beautiful resort with extremely clean rooms. Kitchen was very clean, altho I didn't use it much!

Overall, hamanasi resort is the best, amazingly wonderful place to stay!!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business