“We hit the jackpot with this resort.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Ventura, California
“We hit the jackpot with this resort.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hamanasi for 10 days in October 2012... We had never been to Belize before and it came down to choosing Hamanasi or staying at Robert's Grove, but some internet research indicated that the diving would likely be a bit better in this area. We are so glad we chose Hamanasi and are looking forward to bringing our kids on our next trip, when they are a little older.

Hamanasi was a fantastic resort on all levels. Customer service is second to none, with a staff that knows your name and goes above and beyond to help you with anything you need.

We had an all-inclusive package and the menu is varied and the food is delicious - especially the wonderful soups. Our "adventure tours" were led by friendly, experienced guides who taught us so much about Belize. Special thanks to Lorenzo and Francisco for being such excellent guides.

The Dive Center is first-rate, and all the diving and snorkeling guides, boat captains, and deckhands were terrific. On the reef dives and snorkels, we saw a wide variety of fish (of course), barracuda, eels, rays, octopus, squid, nurse sharks, jellyfish, and my husband saw sea turtles. You can snorkel right off the beach where I saw sea stars, rays, fish, barracuda, and jellyfish. My husband dived Blue Hole. The add-on excursions are great, but they are pricy and add up fast.

There are so many things to do... then you return from your outing and kick back at the beach to enjoy a happy hour cocktail. We met other couples on the adventures and sometimes would meet them for dinner, so you really have a chance to meet new friends and enjoy good company.

That the staff and management truly care about the quality of your experience is what makes Hamanasi really special. Whether it's about your comfort or safety, everyone lives this commitment plus is really friendly and nice.

Bring your best BUG SPRAY for when you do any adventures in the jungle areas. The bites I got took WEEKS - I'm not kidding - to stop itching and heal up. There were no kids at the resort when we visited - but tons of honeymooners and couples without kids.

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground-floor beach-front which was lovely and super convenient to the beach, pool, an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kellie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our vacation to Hamanassi last week was a once in a lifetime trip for my husband Greg and I. We normally just take 3 or 4 day trips near our home in the US. We found Hamanassi while we were looking for our first "exotic vacation" What a choice we made!. It was absolutely one of the greatest experiences I have had. The personal attention, the beautiful accomodations, the food, the excursions, the staff and guides all completely perfect. As a sales and customer service person I am always thrilled to see someone go the extra mile. This place surpasses all expectations. I can't wait to come back to Hamanassi.

Greg and Kathy Mordue, Tyler, Texas

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy M
Dublin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hamanasi is a beautiful resort that takes some effort to get to. It is
about a 45 minute van ride from the Dangriga airstrip in Southern Belize.
One must connect thru Belize City.

Had an ocean view, 2nd level room that was very spacious; king bed, large
lanai. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The operation is quite well
organized offering a good variety of topside excursions along with diving.
Snorkeling is also offered for non-divers. In fact, during my stay, there
were more non-divers than divers.

There is a large pool surrounded by plenty of lounge chairs with pads and
towels. Bar service is offered at the pool. The bar area is cozy and
friendly with a Happy Hour from 4 PM to 6 PM.

The breakfasts are buffet with the usual toast, breads, scrambled eggs,
breakfast meat, fruits and juices. No made-to-order eggs or omelets are
offered.

Lunch and Dinner are ordered off the menu with daily specials. The food is
generally very good with a nice variety. There were a couple occasions of
over-cooked chicken and fish. But I also had some succulent lamb and a
cooked-to-order rare steak that was very tasty.
The desserts are limited by quite good.

The normal dive trip is a morning 2-tank trip to the local reefs, about a
30-40 minute trip. The dive boat is fairly spacious with lots of cover and
dry areas. Water, juice, fruit and cookies are offered between dives. The
dive operation takes care of all the dive gear from set-up to rinsing and
storing. The dive crew is helpful, friendly and very knowledgeable
regarding the reef and its marine life. Like other areas in the Caribbean,
the Belize reefs have been inundated with lionfish, which are having a very
negative effect on the marine life. The Hamanasi dive crew took spears on
every dive and managed to snag a few of these villians.

There are several topside activities that are offered as part of the
standard package. Most of my activity was spent underwater,however, I did
do the Bocawina zip line trip, which was quite exhilarating and well worth
the additional cost.

Another nice feature is Ginger, the resort's cat, whom I found outside my
door on a couple of occasions.

Hamanasi is a very, very nice resort with beautiful grounds and a
comfortable atmosphere. I have already booked a return visit.

NOTE: bring bug repellent!! The no-see-'ems are almost as bad as Honduras.

At Hamanasi, most of of the diving is on the southern reef. We did a 3-tank
trip to Glover's Reef, which is well worth it. The quantity and variety of
reef fish seemed to be less than in previous visits to Belize. Best photo
ops were with smaller critters such as crabs and shrimps. No topside rinse
tank for cameras; used shower by pool to rinse camera. Small 5 gallon on
boat for cameras that was usually inadequate; suggested that a cooler be
put on board for cameras. Suggestion was ignored.

Room Tip: The resort has ocean front rooms and also unique tree house accommodations. The former have better v...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Unbelievably accommodating
Remarkable and beyond friendly stuff
Rooms were BEAUTIFUL!
Excursions and tour guides were AWESOME!
I can't wait to go back! Planning my next trip to Hamanasi within the next year or so!
Thank you ALL for such a magnificent time!

• Stayed November 2012
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our third time back to Hamanasi, and it was even better than the first two times. We stayed in one of the new deluxe tree houses, and it was absolutely wonderful. Plenty of space, comfortable, and surroundings that made us feel like we were isolated in the rain forest enhanced our experience. Everyone remembered our names, as always, making us feel very special and very welcome. The adventures were well-staffed with knowledgeable people, and we even had one staff member sing the Belizian National Anthem for us on the way back from Zip lining (an amazing tour). The diving staff was friendly and knowledgeable as well, and C-Dog and Sam took us to many amazing places on the reef. The food was great, as always, with something new every day for lunch and for dinner. Overall, it was another wonderful experience at Hamanasi. Remember to bring bug spray, as the mosquitoes can get quite aggressive during certain parts of the day at the resort and on adventures. We will hopefully return to Hamanasi as soon as possible!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Tree Houses are great! Jacuzzi on the deck!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wonderful husband surprised me with a trip to Hamanasi for our one year anniversary. I was so excited especially because he pointed out that it was placed third best on trip advisors top 25 hotels in the world list. I decided over the next couple of days before we headed out to read some reviews on trip advisor, and concluded that it was too good to be true. Well, after experiencing Hamanasi I can say without a shadow of a doubt that every review was 100% accurate.

From the moment we arrived at Dangriga, we felt as though we had returned to our family, and were getting welcomed back home. Hartfield who we met at the airport drove us through the village and took the time to teach us about the people. He was patient while we asked many questions about the culture and ways of the people there. When we arrived at Hamanasi, Daryl from the main office greeted us with a smile and welcomed us. He explained the rules of the resort, which is where we learned that Hamanasi was Eco friendly.

Over the next couple of hours, we met several workers at the resort; the wait staff, maintenance workers, dive instructors. Each time one thing was clear, they truly took their time to get to know us, and called us by our names. We were so surprised how everyone was able to remember our names through our entire stay within minutes of meeting us. When we would sit to eat, our wait staff would ask what adventures we were on, and what we were going to do the next day. They took the extra step to connect to us, instead of just trying to do their duties and leave. We had so much fun telling our experience on the adventures.

The adventures that are provided are so exciting and fun, especially because the instructors are so knowledgeable and they make sure you have a good time. My husband and I do not swim, but snorkeling was one activity we really wanted to do. We made the snorkeling team aware about this fact, and they made sure that we had a separate instructor Terrell just to take care of us two. I was more afraid than my husband, and Terrell stayed by my side the entire time we were in the water. Because of this, I was able to enjoy a whole another world that I wouldn’t have otherwise seen. We had such a great time that we ended up going twice!

We also went cave hiking which was so intense, but our instructor Golden really made the whole experience so much fun and interesting. He really took the time to teach us interesting facts about the cave and how the Mayan’s used it for sacrifice.

Kayaking with our instructor Neal was so great because he pointed out all the different creatures of the jungle which included a small crocodile. For a person who is afraid of heights, zipline was the best experience! I loved the adrenaline rush that it gave me, knowing that I was very high up on the mountain.
The adventures weren’t the only things that peaked our interest, but also the five star meals we ate. We were on the meal plan which included a lot of food, more than we could finish at times. For breakfast, they had a great spread of items which were mixed up every day. They also had daily assorted juices available. Lunch and dinner menus were so diverse with seafood, and various meat dishes. We didn’t have the same meal twice because something different was offered every day. Alcoholic drinks are not included in the meal plan but we don’t drink so it wasn’t a problem.

Overall, the resort offered some relaxing time next to the pool and beach, as well as time to experience some new activities. I enjoyed the kindness and hospitality that the people at hamansi extended towards making our vacation unforgettable. We have decided that someday we will indeed return and know that we will have an awesome time! Thank you Hamanasi for the best one year anniversary memory!

Room Tip: We loved the ocean front room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Praisy M
Charlestown, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a very wonderful and exciting stay at Hamanasi in August 2012. The staff was highly motivated and made our stay a special place to be. From the welcoming staff to the waitresses/waiters to the dive/snorkeling guides our presence felt like we were family. The accommodations were comforting and decorated very beautifully. The rooms did not feel like a hotel but more like a home. The front porch was relaxing and quiet. The hammocks throughout the resort were so inviting and enjoyable with the ocean breeze upon our faces. The dive and snorkeling was memorable with images of sharks to eagle rays to beautiful colorful fish among us. The food was divine from the breads to the salads to the lobster and of course the desserts. Hamanasi resort was quaint, slow paced, relaxing and just perfect! We will return!

Room Tip: The beachfront deluxe rooms were private although you had neighbors. The ocean breeze and view from...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 11 in Hopkins
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!