“Best Dive Resort and Guest Service Ever”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 8, 2012

You would be very hard pressed to find a better dive resort and guest experience in Belize, and for that matter the entire West Caribbean! The wonderful service that the staff provides to the guests of this lovely resort is superior. This is truly Disney quality guest service without a doubt! For example, each staff member learns your first name by the second day.

The location of the Hamanasi property is also wonderful. Belize has the world's second largest reef structure, and Hamanasi is only a short boat ride away from the Southern Barrier Reef. They have a dedicated snorkel boat and a dedicated diving boat. Plus I found the equipment at their dive shop to be in great condition and top notch. I was very satisfied with all of my diving and snorkeling excursions. This staff is just as friendly out in the water on the reef as they are at the resort!

The food, oh wow the food at Hamanasi is so good! They have their own gourmet resturant and a chef on staff that knows what she is doing. Every meal we had was good, but especially the dinners! You should seriously go with one of the packages that includes all of your meals, because you are going to want to eat dinner at Hamanasi every night! There is no point in leaving this resort to dine anywhere else. The breakfast and lunches were yummy too.

One last comment about this paradise of a dive resort. The happy hours are legendary at this resort! They have an awesome bartender named King that takes great care of you every evening at the bar. If you have read some of the other reviews, you have probably already heard about King. His drinks were truly the icing on the cake. My wife and I will definitely be returning to for another stay at this lovely, perfect dive Belizean dive resort!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Honymoon Suites and have no complaints. The porch had seating and a great vi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,982)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is an absolutely amazing resort!! Wonderful staff, beautiful accomodations, great food, and very knowledgeable guides. The excursions were wonderful as well. We especially loved the cave and dive adventure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KChan85
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I had been to Ambergris Cay, Belize on a dive vacation a couple years ago and we loved Belize. This year we chose Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort because of their options for diving and other adventures. We were met at the Dangria Airport by "Boots" who was driving an AIR CONDITIONED van!! What a delightful representative of the resort who made a great first impression of what to expect on our vacation.
We were met at the resort by numerous genuinely friendly, sincere staff who made it a point, not only to know our names, but to ask us each day how we enjoyed our specific adventures... which they mentioned by name.
Our room (lowest priced room offered) had a beach/ocean view and was roomy, clean and very comfortable - with a deck and hammock.
The food was wonderful and plentiful. Breakfasts were buffet style... the coffee was wonderful and ready early! Lunch serving hours accommotated the various adventure/diving options.
Dinner was delightful and the staff was flexible in seating several of us who had just met at the bar earlier in the day and needed a larger dining table than reserved earlier in the day. Mark - our bartender - was such fun and even recommended a CD of local music which we purchased in the gift shop and we Love! I recommend the "tropical drink of the day!"
The dive staff was outstanding. They were laid-back yet safety conscious. My husband did more dives than I did because of my ear issues. I did the snorkeling adventure one day and actually saw more "critters" than my husband did on his dive. Our guides on the rainforest adventures were extremely knowledgeable.
Great pool, super dive boats, lovely grounds, well-maintained grounds (they rake the sand every morning!!).
We met so many wonderful people also vacationing at Hamanasi. I'd love to come back to this resort!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeMaz
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hanamasi has a great dive hotel in the middle of nowhere. I thought I had made a mistake in my travel booking on the road to this hotel and then came to an oasis and divers paradise in Hopkins.
The food was great, accomodations nice and clean and there was plenty to do. It's been a year since my visit and I still remember it fondly.
We enjoyed everything about our stay in the tree house "the newest one"

Would prefer not to have to negotiate to go to certain dive spots so you do need to recruit other interested scuba travelers for certain trips out to the more remote dive sites. Also would want people to know that you can go to the dive sites of your choice on your day of choice you do have to have enough divers to go out. Also many trips are an added supplement cost so it may be somewhat inclusive of diving but the key places you need to go will cost extra. Also the whale shark excursion is extra.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank John in SF
Reviewed September 14, 2012

As a single woman travelling solo I couldn't have asked for more. I stayed for 10 days in March 2012 and didn't want to leave. The staff are extraordinary, everyone calls you by name and goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. It was the little things like finding me a different chair for my balcony to the flowers scattered throughout my room each day. I've eaten in four star restaurants and the food at Hamansi is up there with the best. Lots of selection, I especially liked the local and Mayan options and always fresh! They are accommodating at the restaurant and work to meet any individual food requirements you may have, in my case I'm diabetic and it was no problem. The rooms are spacious and clean. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. I stayed in a beachfront room which I would do again as I love being right on the ocean. There is a great selection of land trips, but I was there for the scuba diving. It was my first dive trip and it'll be hard to top Hamansi. The dive and boat staff are all well experienced, professional and friendly. I always felt safe and well taken care of if not a little spoiled. My equipment was well cared for and always ready and waiting for me on the boat each morning. They keep the ratio of divers to dive masters low, there were never more than four divers with each dive master on the 18 dives I made. I will never forget the dive where we encountered a school of dolphins, 30 or more, swimming around and through us. I'm already planning for more dive trips this year with the Hamansi shop.

Room Tip: If you love being on the beach, a beach front room is the way to go. From speaking with other trave...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank ReginaKat197
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had a marvelous time at Hamanasi. The staff was awesome, knowledgeable, friendly and caring. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. We stayed a few days in the beach front rooms and then moved to a tree house. Both are great for different reasons. I would probably just stay in the beach house rooms next time. I like to be with people and enjoyed the closeness to the water. The tree houses are awesome if you are looking to totally get away and have private time. The tree houses had the added feature of a kitchen. I would love to go diving again with the staff of Hamanasi. I felt very safe and learned a lot(thank you Elvis). We were very impressed with the tour guides. PS the food is awesome. I know it is paradise but try the french fries. yummy. The kitchen staff was also glad to share their recipes and I took them up on their offer several times. We were also lucky to make several news friends during our stay. We would love to go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juliohulio
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed a week in the treehouse villas and the lodging was great. The staff are very friendly and helpful - even went into town to purchase a soccer ball we could use on the beach! We enjoyed the food and ambiance on the porch dining area. The outings and diving were first rate. We plan on going back at some point.

Room Tip: The treehouse and beach villas are great, but the treehouse units did not get as bright in the morni...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Coco Plum Island Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 13 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!