“Intimate, Personal, Professional, Spiritual and FUN!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Palm Coast, Florida
“Intimate, Personal, Professional, Spiritual and FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Hamanasi is a special place. It is very small (23 rooms) and intimate, but exceptionally well run. If you are a diver or love the outdoors and are looking for a place with elegant, comfortable rooms, great local cuisine, exceptional service and a real commitment to excellence, this is your place.

Before going into the main review, I would like to say a word or two about the dive operations. They are wonderful. The staff is the most professional staff I have ever had a chance to dive with in about 200 dives. The sites are very good and the critters were cool. There is an outstanding commitment to service AND safety and I felt that everyone was under an extremely watchful eye, while maintaining an atmosphere of informality and fun.

The resort is located in Hopkins, Belize. Belize is a short flight from Miami and surprisingly easy to access (1:30). Hopkins is a 20 minute flight on a small plane, which the hotel arranges. Everything ran on time and flawlessly.

On arrival, we walked through a beautiful garden and were greeted with a welcome drink and briefed thoroughly and professionally on the resort. We were taken to our "Treehouse" room, which was large, elegant, immaculate and private. The flowers on the bed were an elegant and intimate touch. After settling in, we went to the bar for happy hour (don't miss). By your second visit, King (bartender) will know your name and what you want. It seemed that everyone at Hamanasi knew our names by the end of the first day and the staff is excellent and highly trained. They have a wonderful service ethic.

We changed rooms and stayed in the beachfront area (previously arranged - no problem), as well. These rooms were spacious, elegant and tastefully furnished. It's a matter of taste as to which is better. They are both great. Note that the rooms were invariably immaculate. Housekeeping does a superb job.

Meals are homemade of local, organic ingredients. The menus are elegant and imaginative. It is great to sit on the porch, with silver and white tablecloths for a meal at Hamansi.

An unexpected pleasure at Hamansi is the other guests. We met some genuinely amazing people. Warm, smart and interesting, from around the country and the world. I would not be surprised if we develop lifelong friendships from this visit.

I have mentioned the diving, which is outstanding, but there is more to do than that. We did one caving expedition and some guests did other things (there is a variety) and some did nothing but enjoy the property and the beach. It all works.

There are so many places in the world to visit that I typically don't plan to return anywhere, no matter how good it is. I'll make an exception for Hamanasi. It is so good that I plan to return many times over the years.

Room Tip: The Treehouse roooms are a little bigger, more private and have coffee-makers. The Beachfront rooms...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

This resort is AWESOME!! From the minute we got into Belize everyone was so friendly, even at the airport. However, the service we received at Hamanasi is second to none. The staff is incredibly nice and very accommodating. They know everyone’s name and they treat you like you’re the only guest. We went with a group and if we didn’t know what one of our group members was doing for the day the staff did. The rooms were very, very clean and beautifully decorated, all the furniture was solid and the bathroom was gorgeous. There were flower petals and personalized leaves from their trees awaiting us in our room. We had maid service twice a day; they even turned down the bed for us at night. The food was amazing and beautifully presented, chef Ramsey would have been proud. They organically grow a lot of there own herbs and veggies right there on the premises which is great, everything is fresh. They have many adventure trip scheduled everyday. We went to the Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) caves where we saw skeletons of ancient myans and we went to the rain forest where we saw howler monkeys, it was awesome. The SCUBA diving was great, we saw turtles, rays, a baby shark, barracudas, beautiful coral and much more. The dive masters and tour guides at Hamanasi are very knowledgeable we really learned a lot from them. I can’t say enough good things about the staff and our experience at Hamanasi we literally didn’t have to lift a finger, they were happy to do everything for us even clean and store our diving equipment everyday and have it ready for us to use for the next day, it was really sad to say goodbye and I can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nona B
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed here for the second time this summer. Treating ourselves to a tree house for one night was - well, a real treat! It was quiet, and so beautiful. We stayed in a beachfront room the first time for a week and it was lovely too. The whole Hamansi experience is perfect. It is very well managed - very professional/friendly - they take of details - of everything. The restaurant is very good for lunch and dinner and there is a beautiful buffet set out for breakfast. We heard that the tours were good too but we had explored on our own. A stay at this place is worth a splurge.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms have a beach view and are beautiful. The treehouses are more expensive but they...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gatopaja
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

This place is incredible. Everything on here is accurate. A beautiful location. Fabulous beach. Everything is well maintained. Fresh floweres in the rooms and all over picked from on site.

The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Airport pickup and drop off were easy. Great reception and welcome briefing. By the second day everyone knew our names. Treehouse room was private, big and very nice. Fit our family of four easily. Great housekeeping. The land tours were very well done but a bit more expensive than outside arranged trips. However, having Resort staff conduct them was a plus worth the money. The waterfall hike was tough but wortht he effort.

Dive shop was great. Our experienced diver son had some great trips, while the rest of us got certified. The instructor had amazing patience. Basically had a private instructor for the family, including my 11 year old. Water can get a bit rough though.

Only negative is that the on site restaurant is a bit pricey for good but not great food. If you were on the package I think it was fine, although a little more dinner variety would be nice. Food was definitely better than most resort dining rooms but I wouldn't say we were blown away. Lunch was good standard resort fare. There are some very good dining choices in town and I would definitely eat at least some meals out if you go here.

Overall this was one of the best family vacations we have taken. Plenty to do and yet no pressure to do any of it.

Room Tip: Loved the treehouse.. Very private. If you go beachfront know that when it is windy it can be toug...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SAM5000
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my first trip to Belize and I was traveling with a friend and her daughter. From the moment we arrived in Belize we were treated with kindness and caring. Our flight was delayed by weather which caused us to miss our connecting flight from Belize City to Dangaria so Rina offered to send a driver for us and to have a late dinner waiting for us upon our late arrival and she stayed to greet us. These gestures were early indications of the wonderful hospitality that would continue throughout our entire stay.
Hamanasi is a gem in so many ways, all of which can be attributed to the wonderful staff who genuinely care about their work with the guests. Sharing experiences with the staff including learning from them about gourmet recipes...thanks to the Chef and her staff, diving...thanks to Elvis, snorkeling,birding and history...thanks to John and Neil and yes, even napkin folding...thanks to Pauline made this trip a very personal one. Everyone knew our first names and smiled and inqired how things were going for us regularly.
The resort is unique in that it is small and has a quaintness about it that allows guests to interact with each other or have very quiet alone time or a mixture of both. The setting and the rooms are beautiful and peaceful. The peacefulness was such a wonderful gift and I did not realize how wonderful it was for my soul until I was at the Dangaria airport on my way home. I was watching TV for the first time in 10 days and had difficulty acccepting that I was returning to a world that was full of constant interruption, and running at that extreme pace that is fueled by stress and worry. As I said in my opening paragraph, this was my first trip to Belize, but becasue of Hamanasi and Hopkins Village I will plan to return !

C Clark

Room Tip: I stayed in a beachfront room, but there are treehouse rooms. I prefer the beach , but others loved...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank C C
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I had vacationed at Hamanasi 2 years ago,and when my brother was looking for a special place to celebrate his 40th birthday,we knew this was absolutely the best choice.
Our vacation on all levels didnt just meet our expectations,they exceeded them!!!
The entire staff is unbelieve.The service and smiles everyday is one of the reasons that made this vaction so special.Not only did they make us feel special on a personal level,but they anticipated each and every need.Every single request was taken care of.
The reosrt is beautiful,intimate,and immaculately groomed.The pool,beach and main area are in close proximity to the rooms making it easy to get around.There are plenty of chairs and hammocks along the beach to relax or read a book in.
We had a beachfront room that we loved.It was simply well appointed, and reflected the local decor.I spent hours sitting on my balcony gazing out at the sea,or watching the stars.
There are plenty of activities that one could do while visiting Hamanasi to suit your needs.Or,you can just relax at the resort enjoying quite days reading a book.
My brother and I decided to get PADI certified 1/2 through our vacation.ELVIS is the man.He was our instructor who made us feel comfortable doing our pool time,class studies and tests.Our 4 dives to certify were absolutely breathtaking.The entire dive staff is wonderful and run a top notch dive opperation.Kudos.
The food is DELICOUS.I looked foward to every meal.My husband and I dont eat any dairy and not only did they accommodate us,but the cooks surprised us with yummy non-dairy desserts.
King and Mark running the bar were great.We really enjoyed happy hours with them.
All and all ,it was a trip of a limetime and I thank all of the Hamanasi staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lolaWA
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed a week at Hamanasi for our honeymoon. We cannot thank the staff enough for being so friendly and helpful throughout our stay. When our flight was delayed and we arrived a day late they were so accommodating and offered us to stay an extra day so we wouldn't miss out on anything. We were in treehouse 13 and it was so beautiful, as was the entire resort. The food was also amazing- I think I gained 5 lbs! The menu is rotating every 10 nights, so no repeats while we were there. And each night you have the choice of several entrees. We mostly ate lunch on the tours, which was always delicious (typically sandwiches, fruit, pasta salad, cookies, juice). We had a nice time at happy hour each night too- King is an excellent bartender. We also took the opportunity to try several of the tours: snorkeling, St. Herman's cave, Mayflower hike/waterfall, monkey river tour, ziplining/cave tubing, Mayan ruins tour. All of the tours were guided by wonderful/experienced guides. We had a particularly nice time with Golden on the Mayflower hike and Mayan ruins tour. If you are looking for a smaller resort, with personal attention, and peace and quiet this is definitely the place for you. The tours left between 7 and 8 am and most were back by 3 pm, which still allowed for plenty of time to relax. If you are looking for a very active nightlife however this is not the place for you- you would be better off staying in one of the larger resort towns. But if you are like us and want to experience the culture and enjoy some quiet time together Hamanasi is a wonderful resort! We hope to return for an anniversary in the future!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the treehouse- it was very private, separated from other rooms. The beachfront ro...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank corkylyne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 11 in Hopkins
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!