We really enjoyed our stay at Parrot Cove even though the week we were there was 130 degree heat index. We did upgrade to the expanded size room and it was well worth the additional charge. The grounds are well maintained and the housekeepers are so sweet. Front office staff are friendly and helpful too! They went out of their way to help us arrange transportation several times which was so much appreciated!
The pool was refreshing and it was nice to have hammocks available to relax beachside. Wifi access is better on one side of the property but the front office will kindly let you know where the router is so you can easily get stronger service with your laptop there. Keep in mind that the location of Parrot Cove is outside of "town" so be prepared to taxi, walk or bike a couple of miles to your destination. The road is gravel/rock with LOTS of huge potholes so riding a bicycle is more like mountain biking a rough trail. It can be done, though. While a backpacker might prefer to be located more centrally in the village, a traditional visitor will enjoy the location of Parrot Cove because it is less busy and very relaxing.
We used a kayak one day which was nice but there were only 1.5 paddles available so the second kayak had to use a half rower and get creative. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable stay. Truly, the staff at Parrot Cove make the experience wonderful. They are kind and generous and always friendly and helpful. We would definitely return to Hopkins and Parrot Cove. The upgraded room was great with a comfortable bed, futon sofa, kitchen table and small kitchenette. It was so nice to have purified water in a large container in the room too so we did not need to purchase that from the market each day.
Oh! And if you have a room near the bougainvillea bush, don't be alarmed if you hear noises on your roof. There's a giant lizard who lives there and you'll hear him walk across the roof very loudly but it gives it character. There are other sizable critters that call Hopkins home, so just be prepared. The night I first saw the possum, I almost had a heart attack, but he has a hole near the pool area with an entrance on the wall that separates the pool deck from the restaurant, so at night you may cross paths with him, too. All is well and safe though - it's part of the fun of visiting the jungle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beach just south of the village of Hopkins, Parrot Cove Lodge is a petit resort centrally located between the reef and the rainforest. Parrot Cove Lodge is the perfect location whether you are seeking offshore and inland adventures, or simply looking for rest and relaxation. We are the home of Chef Rob’s Gourmet Café one of Belize’s top ranked restaurants, and 'love on the Rocks' stone grill dining. Come enjoy the Caribbean breeze under the open-air thatch roof of our pier, relax at our fresh water pool and let your adventure begin as you explore the many wonders of Belize! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Parrot Cove Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Cove Hotel Hopkins
- Parrot Cove Lodge Belize/Hopkins