My wife and I took a brief getaway to Hopkins the first weekend of April. After researching several lodging options, we settled on Parrot Cove because it seemed to be the only reasonably-priced place in Hopkins with a swimming pool.
The room - We were pleased to find a very comfortable poolside room. It's nothing fancy or luxurious, but it had everything we were looking for. The wood ceilings are a beautiful touch. The bed was comfortable, the TV worked well, the hot shower felt great, and the towels were soft. Although the pool was right outside, this isn't a party hotel, so it was still tranquil.
The amenities - The ocean is directly behind the hotel, and we really enjoyed walking thirty seconds from our room to the saltwater. There is a nice patch of water for floating and swimming right next to the hotel's dock. We were only bothered by the sand flies and mosquitoes at dinnertime at Chef Rob's restaurant. On the pool and the beach, they didn't bother us. We didn't end up using the bicycles, kayaks, or snorkeling gear, but appreciated their complimentary availability.
The service - The new front desk staff, Ben, is amiable and has a "no problem" attitude. Whatever request we had, he didn't seem bothered by it and was quick to respond. Chef Rob, even with his reputation as a famous cook, was down-to-earth, and his wife paid us a personal visit at the dinner table as well. We enjoyed the opportunity to converse with the owners, and they made us feel welcome.
At the risk of upsetting our new Hopkins friends, I would probably choose Placencia / Maya Beach over Hopkins, but it was still worth visiting for a night. Hopkins seemed more pricey than Placencia, even though it's a less developed area, and that surprised me. However, if I returned to Hopkins, I would definitely choose to stay at Parrot Cove again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beach just south of the village of Hopkins, Parrot Cove Lodge is a petit resort centrally located between the reef and the rainforest. Parrot Cove Lodge is the perfect location whether you are seeking offshore and inland adventures, or simply looking for rest and relaxation. We are the home of Chef Rob’s Gourmet Café one of Belize’s top ranked restaurants, and 'love on the Rocks' stone grill dining. Come enjoy the Caribbean breeze under the open-air thatch roof of our pier, relax at our fresh water pool and let your adventure begin as you explore the many wonders of Belize! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parrot Cove Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Cove Hotel Hopkins
- Parrot Cove Lodge Belize/Hopkins