We opted for this lodge kind of by happenstance after looking at the ridiculousness that were the prices of Hamanasi(sp?), Jaguar Reef, etc. We are so so so very grateful we ended up here! The hotel, restaurant, and dive staff is phenomenal at accommodating their guests since it's a smaller place, and we found ourselves just chatting with them whenever we stopped in the office. Our room was a little musty, but also extremely spacious. The bathroom was awesome. I loved that they had bikes for us to borrow free of charge to explore the surrounding resorts. We also took them into town one day, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you are used to bike riding daily. The beach was very clean while we were there also.
The only downside was the woman who cooked breakfasts in the morning. She was not friendly, but you could possibly chalk this up to a cultural divide or maybe a bad event in her personal life at the time. I'd prefer to give her the benefit of the doubt....but she really wasn't very nice. The food she cooked though, oh my, top notch! :) We stuffed eggs into our fried jacks and mmmmm!
Actually, there was one other thing. We noticed if we locked just the door to our room, it could be opened by doing the credit card trick. We used the deadbolt instead which wasn't a big deal, but we had to ask the maid to do it too, as the first day she only locked the door lock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beach just south of the village of Hopkins, Parrot Cove Lodge is a petit resort centrally located between the reef and the rainforest. Parrot Cove Lodge is the perfect location whether you are seeking offshore and inland adventures, or simply looking for rest and relaxation. We are the home of Chef Rob’s Gourmet Café one of Belize’s top ranked restaurants, and 'love on the Rocks' stone grill dining. Come enjoy the Caribbean breeze under the open-air thatch roof of our pier, relax at our fresh water pool and let your adventure begin as you explore the many wonders of Belize! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Parrot Cove Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Cove Hotel Hopkins
- Parrot Cove Lodge Belize/Hopkins