“Excellent place to stay and eat”

Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures
Ranked #2 of 20 Hopkins B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here for three nights and the room and restaurant were awesome; clean, good water pressure, etc. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. There are lots of things to do in the area and on the property of the lodge including waterfall rappelling and a long zipline. There are also great hiking trails including the fantastic and tough Antelope Falls trail. And at the end of the day Chef Mo's food is perfect. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlbuquerqueYeti
There are newer reviews for Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We visited mama noots from July 18-22. It was a fabulous time! Everyone was so nice and the food was superb! The first day we took a rain forest hike with Pedro to the antelope falls. Pedro is so knowledgeable of the jungle. He filled our minds with history of the Mayans and everything that lives in the rain forest. We hiked to the top and swam in the pool. So fun! The second day Pedro drove us to Hopkins ($45 USD). We rented a motorbike and drove to placencia. The road of 26 speed bumps! Ha! Seriously, so beautiful. The third day and we drove to St. Herman's cave and did cave tubing. Pedro told us to hook up with Neko to guide us. We then returned to Hopkins and Pedro picked us up ($45 USD). We left on the forth day and we were really sad to say goodbye to Pedro. We didn't have time to do the zip line but it looked really cool. The only hiccup we had was that the ceiling fan didn't work appropriately in the gladiola suite so we change to the antelope suite. It has amazing views. My only personal complaint was that there was no A/C. I know....spoiled American at a Eco lodge wants A/C. But that's me. If you are looking for a super cool adventure with amazing food and people...this is the place for you. You have to pay big $$ to get transportation to Hopkins. The ride is 30-45 min. So you probably just want to do the things at mama noots. And there are plenty of things to do!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jenna G
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Had a superb experience ziplining at Mama Noots. Oscar and Jose were very helpful in explaining in great detail all the procedures. They were an absolute blast! Thanks guys for an awesome experience!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I started out our honeymoon at Mama Noots resort and we had an amazing time. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is so friendly and accommodating, Amir, Maria, Orlando, Oscar and others who I am probably forgetting. They helped us arrange tours to maximize our time at the resort and we enjoyed everything we did! Highly recommend the zip lining, cave tubing, Mayan Ruins tour and Antelope falls hike and rappelling. (Hard but worth it!!) One the biggest highlights surprisingly was the food, not expecting much we were blown away by the quality, variety and taste of the food. Chef Mo was awesome, especially the fish and shrimp options.
If you are planning on staying here while in Belize, don't hesitate another second.
The only thing I would suggest to the resort is to have a few areas with seating or hammocks for guests to relax and be able to sit out and read a book. There is not much downtime while at the resort but if you are only doing a half day excursion a seating area to enjoy the grounds would be welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coombsje
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend had an amazing time!
What an adventure. We only got to stay 4 nights. It was just a quick getaway. They helped us arrange the most awesome itinerary.
Hiking, cave tubing, ziplining, monkey river, Mayan ruins, Belize Zoo.
Went to the rainforest and saw wild animals.
The STAFF at Mama Noots are so nice/fun/knowledgeable.
The Resort is clean/calming/secluded/and beautiful.
The Food is so good. I'm vegetarian. They were so accomidating.

Me and my friend are female and in our mid twenties. We felt safe and relaxed there.
I want to go back!!!!

Go there if you want an adventure. You won't be sorry.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nesi N
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed here for 5 days about a month ago, and was able to do all of the on-site tours. Although I stayed in the most expensive option (which was fantastic!!), they gave me a tour of the whole place, and all of the rooms are really nice. The rooms are scrupulously clean, and all of the staff is incredibly helpful. Because I stayed there for almost a week, I felt part of the family by the time I left.

The Antelope Falls waterfall rappel is a must do, as is the ziplining. I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face during the whole experience. Their guides could not be better. They are extremely safety conscious, and for each rappel or zipline you are tied in multiple times. I never saw them cut corners on safety, each time they made sure I was triple tied in.

I agree with other reviewers that the dinner was expensive, but the other meals were priced reasonably. The dinners were excellent, just a bit pricey.

I have stayed many places in Belize, and this is right up there as one of the best. I highly recommend this jungle lodge.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Mama Noots is an incredible place located in the Bocawina National Park just outside of Hopkins, Belize.

Activities

You'd need at least a week here to take advantage of all of the activities available to you on this resort. Everything from guided hikes, solo hikes, zip lining, waterfall rappelling and Mayan ruins (a few on the property!).

We were on a budget so we opted for the ATM Cave excursion. The staff packed us a wonderful lunch and plenty of water, all we had to worry about was getting up, catching a ride and staying safe! This is definitely a MUST DO for any travelers looking for a unique experience. The ATM Cave tour is challenging - when they recommend folks be in relatively good shape (able to swim, hike for at least a few hours, and climb) they are not messing around. If your heart is set on going I'd recommend a bit of endurance training before your arrival. Along the way we met several people that raved about the cave tubing tour although we were not able to try it for ourselves.

Rene, an on-site guide took us on a night hike our first evening there. While we didn't see a ton of wildlife (a few bats, leaf cutter ants, etc.) his company was wonderful and we learned SO much from him. The hike was worth every penny and then some.

Antelope Falls

This is a beautiful can't miss opportunity. The walk is a bit of a challenge...mostly because of the heat. It's a 90 minute walk - uphill but there are ropes and stairs along the way to help the journey be a bit easier. If you are nervous about getting hurt, the staff is happy to provide a guide. The swim in the "pool" at the top was unforgettable and so refreshing - it made the way down much more bearable!

The food was delicious but a bit on the expensive side. Each plate was an average of $30 US per person and included an appetizer, main course and a bit of bread to snack on. We were on a strict budget but the portions are so huge we were able to share all of our meals. On a couple of trips to town we stopped and gathered snacks for lunch. Breakfast is included with your stay (toast and/or some other kind of baked bread) fruit and yogurt. If you want a heartier breakfast those are on the menu as well but will cost extra. Much of their fruit and vegetables are grown on site. Our last night there we had barbecued kabobs that were (of course) delicious!

Staff

I can't say enough positive things about the staff. They are all wonderful people and super accommodating. Again we were on a budget and they helped us find the best deals and even gave us a bit of a discount on a couple of their guided tours. By the end of our stay we were all on a first name basis and I gave each of them a hug! Very friendly and genuinely kind group - can't say a negative thing about any of them.

Overall, I'd do this again in a heartbeat and will be recommending this place to all of my friends. Thanks again to Don, Iris, Maria, Rene, Pedro, Paul and Shelly for an amazing time.

Room Tip: For those on a budget the Mayan rooms are perfectly suitable. If you're looking for more of a ro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SurryElle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Sleeping Giant Lodge
Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa
Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa
#3 of 11 in Hopkins
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures? Share your experiences!