We found Mama Noots as part of an online deal and it was a great find. It is a very nice setup within the Mayflower Bocawina National Park with an open area where the restaurant, rooms and support facilities are, surrounded by jungle. The room was nice and clean and the screened porch was good, although we didn't use it much. We did a number of excursions, which were good and well guided. The Antelope Falls waterfall rappelling was fabulous and the zip lining was fun. It was a birder's paradise. We saw so many different species during our stay. The bugs were bad. Even with sufficient bug spray and wearing long sleeves and pants most of the time we still got bitten quite a bit. Be prepared for that. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Stephanie was very helpful with everything. The restaurant accommodated a wheat and shellfish free diet very well. A little more spice and flavor in some of the dishes would be good.
There were only a few things that weren't so great. The bill at the end was a mix of Belizean and US dollars, which made calculating the total confusing for both us and them. Just pick one currency and stick with it. There were inconsistencies in prices too, which was also somewhat frustrating. Prices listed in the information in the room for food and excursions were different from the prices on the menu in the restaurant for food and on the chalkboard for excursions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures is located in the heart of Mayflower Bocawina National Park. We are powered by hydro and solar. We have 6 standard rooms, 3 rooms in Traditional Thatched Cabanas, 3 deluxe rooms, all with with ceiling fans and private bathrooms hot and cold showers. We have a restaurant and bar on location and we serve local food as well as other dishes and we provide vegetarian meals on request. Our on-site activities include: Zip-lining in the longest Zipline course in Central America (Night zip-lining also available); Waterfall Rappelling in three different waterfalls; Hiking trough the jungle and swimming on different waterfall pools (we have 5 waterfalls); Birdwatching tours (with local Mayan guide with over 20 years of experience); Mayan ruin tours (the park has two unexcavated Mayan Temple Mounds). Off-site activities include Mayan Ruin tours, Monkey River tours, Cave tubing, Horseback riding in the jungle, Cultural tours, Spice farm tour, and snorkeling/diving. And our new Tikal National Park tour (Guatemala). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mama Noots Eco Hotel Dangriga
- Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures Belize/Hopkins