“Great Day on the Water :)”
Review of Utopia Adventures - CLOSED

Utopia Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the luxury of a 40' fully equipped Catamaran, including on board bathroom! We provide the equipment and also serve a full "American Style" lunch - pulled pork or homemade sloppy joes or BBQ chicken on fresh, homemade buns, 2 side dishes too. We also serve a morning fresh fruit cup and we have cupcakes, cookies or brownies with candy and nuts in the afternoon, you won't go hungry! We stop at 2 sites for snorkeling. Our guides are the best and we have had many beginners and even some who couldn't swim that got out there and had a great time seeing all the coral and fish. Come join us on the Utopia for a great day on the water.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The tour out on the Utopia was a great day out on the water as promised! We were only a group of 6 so I was glad we were still able to go as I think they usually like to have more. We left at 8am, rode about an hour out to sea on the luxury catamaran and got to our first snorkel spot. The guide was good at showing us some fish and even brought up some Conch shell fish for us to eat after lunch! I would say the actual snorkeling was just average as the stuff we saw in Puerto Morelos, Mexico was better. We then got back on the boat and had our lunch of BBQ Sandwich, coleslaw and beans. It was great and the homemade buns were awesome. Also the guide prepared the fresh conch fish. We then stopped at a second spot to snorkel at a sand bar island. After this we sailed all the way back which made it such a relaxing afternoon on the boat with some delicious brownies and were back ashore at 3pm. We loved this tour and the guides and felt like it was a really great value for the day. We were staying at the Jaguar Reef Lodge just next door and there was no comparison to the boat they were piling people into for snorkeling!

1  Thank Carly S

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Highly recommend a day out around the cayes on this catamaran. Very comfortable boat and friendly accommodating staff. Lunch and drinks provided. Snorkelling gear plus a snorkelling guide also included. If there is sufficient wind crew will put the sails up rather than motor which is nice experience. Cost was also very reasonable.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

A sea adventure on the 40-ft. catamaran Utopia is a must If you visit Belize. Be sure Steven is the captain on the day you book your sail. I think he may be a Garifuna; the town of Hopkins is home to a large population. Steven is constant motion, smiling, swaying, moving to the sounds of Bob Marley coming from the boat's speakers. The joy he feels on the open water spills from him and infects everyone onboard. This area is home to the second largest reef in the world and perfect for snorkelers. I must add at this time it is not necessary to snorkel. I love being on the water but not in it and felt perfectly comfortable staying aboard while other passengers snorkled or swam. While anchored, Steven jumped into a small rubber raft and dove for conch which he brought back and cleaned. These delectable morsels were added to our lunch of barbeque, salads, and brownies. This trip was the highlight of our recent visit to Hopkins.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This trip was incredible! The Utopia boat was an amazing experience! The crew is very friendly, and the captain, Steven, catches tons of conch, and will let you keep the shells! The food is not exquisite, but the flavor of fresh baked bread and homemade goods left me, personally, breathless. I went with my family, but one person did not want to go. The experience was so incredible, that we went again with him! Cindy is very nice, and such a good cook! You can fish AND snorkel! I caught my first fish there! The water is clear, and we saw amazing things! Nurse sharks, barracuda's, and hundreds of brilliantly colored fish! Weather we were chilling on the boat, snorkeling in the sapphire blue water, of fishing, everything was fun. I hope this review helped! Name: Alyssa

1  Thank Gina S
See more reviews
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The utopia..wow, what a wonderful day. The catamaran is a beautiful, lots of room to move around and enjoy all there is to see. What a beautiful ride out thru the river and into the ocean. Yesterday we watched a dolphin swim with boat, so close we could have touched him.we snorkeled in 2 wonderful locations and fished. We were provided with a fresh fruit snack on the ride out, a delicious hot lunch and a homemade dessert on the way back in. The captain, guide and staff are wonderful , helpful and attentive to you every need. This is one on the best ways to spend you day in Belize. It just don't get much better than a day on the utopia !