Tony and Angela have a nice enough place, in a beautiful location on the beach, but it definitely is on the plain side. I am not a fan of wood buildings because they harbor bugs and leach off wood dust that can be quite irritating to skin and eyes. Because of a mistake on my part, I spent my time in a wood cabana while there and was very uncomfortable. Not sure if air conditioning might have helped me feel more comfortable, but there is no A/C in the units, and the ceiling fans did not work properly. The sand fleas were quite bad and despite lots of bug repellent I received well over a hundred bites that itched and burned all night. But I did enjoy one of Tony's fabulous dinners at the Buccaneer Restaurant, which is part of Beaches and Dreams. And the view is amazing. As mentioned in other reviews, lots of excursions can be arranged for you through Tony or Angela, they have lived in the area for some time and have reliable tour guides and equipment for scuba diving, etc. I don't care for uptight luxury resorts either, as other guests have mentioned, but I do like to enjoy my holiday time and not suffer with heat and bugs. Additionally, the water supply was not good nor was the water that nice, and the water supply stopped completely when the pump broke, and the owners really did not seem to care that much about the discomfort it caused their guests. When you need 4-5 showers per day just to feel comfortable in the heat, lack of fresh water can be a big deal. I am not sure about the effectiveness or environmental impact of spraying for sand fleas, but surely there must be some product available that is environmentally safe that would make it more comfortable to be on the beach. If you can weather the heat and the bugs, this is a nice place to stay in Hopkins, if not, spend a bit more money and get A/C, because the bugs don't survive in cooler temperatures, so at least you will have some respite from the horrid critters, otherwise they will bite you all night long. In summary, the cabana was very spacious and nicely decorated and very clean. The gardens were beautiful. They do offer free WiFi and have bicycles and kayaks for guests to use at no charge. They have hammocks and loungers around the grounds and on the palapa. Compared to other Belize hotels/resorts, this is an average place to stay where you will have a clean bed to sleep in, bottled water to drink in your room, WiFi, good food for dinner on-site except on Tuesdays because the restaurant is closed, nice self-serve breakfast each morning, bicycle transportation, on-site excursions arranged, beautiful view of sea and coast but you may be hot and itchy the entire time you are there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a stretch of beautiful beach in Hopkins , Belize, We are a small owner operated full service resort.Tony Marsico has been a 5 star Chef for his entire career and Angela a pastry chef for over 25 years. Besides 5 star dining, they offer a central location to all the adventures of the reef and rain forest of Belize and share their extensive knowledge of Belize and its rich culture. Now with 6 deluxe Suites in our new Boutique Hotel and 5 cabana rooms, we have 2 price ranges for your choice to stay on the beach. specializing in all inclusive vacations , we cater to small groups and individual travelers, no large tours. Attention to detail and individual attention is our mantra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Beaches And Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches And Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Beaches And Dreams Belize/Hopkins