“Fun and Unique”

Love on the Rocks
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Hopkins
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Watch your food being cooked on a 700F lava stone directly at your table. Stunning beach scene
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We almost missed this restaurant until we received a recommendation and we are glad we didn't. This added a fun and unique experience to our honeymoon. We had a lot of fun, the food was very good (really liked the peanut chicken dish), and the service was exceptional. Mike really wanted to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and that was much appreciated!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Love on the Rocks was a really enjoyable, and delicious experience!! We (my sis and I) went to the restaurant early, before it was open for dinner, just to check it out, and the manager, Micah; was so cool, he just opened the doors and showed us around. We returned for dinner and yes, it was off season, so we got the full attention of the staff, but it was the food that was what we were there for, and it was awesome! I had the red snapper which is brought to the table in an individual ceramic plate with a slab of 700 degree stone which I was instructed to cook the fish to my liking on. (Thus: hot rocks!) Three sauce options (that were all so good I couldn't decide, but finally chose the garlic pesto), were also served, and I was instructed to saute my fish in the sauce. The chef, Micah's fiance, was right there giving each of us support on how much, and how long to cook the fish. My sister got the lobster, which was a HUGH portion, and cooked as we did, it was amazing!! The sides were fresh, tasty and beautifully served. All in all, the four of us left there having said that it was one of the best meals we have ever had! We travel frequently, and as couples (sis, brother in law and my husband) we all agreed we cant wait to return to Belize, and most certainly to LOVE ON THE ROCKS!!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Love at the Rocks was delicious. We had the seafood on the hot rocks and a seafood pasta, both were very tasty. The seafood on the rocks is served still cooking on a hot stone rock with several well paired sauces. Also a great value for the price.

1  Thank dylan41245
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I are here for our honeymoon, and Love on the Rocks was a great dinner. I had the tenderloin, which was amazing, while my husband had the seafood combo. Cooking it on the rock was very cool. I didn't find service slow at all, though we weren't rushed, and the host and hostess (managers?) were great. It's a really nice setup, with great ambiance, and worth the price. A similar dinner in the states would be three times the price.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had read reviews about this place before visiting Hopkins, and I was expecting something special, but our food was what I would describe as mediocre at best. The shrimp cocktail was beautifully presented, but was essentially just plain shrimp arranged around the rim of a conch shell, and the hot stone meal, which I thought would be much more exciting, just turned out to be fairly bland food, cooked for a few minutes on the stone. More seasoning or marinading would have helped, especially the steak.
I understand the managers are trying to do a good job, but being asked to have a great night at least ten times during our meal, and that making us happy makes them happy at least five or six times was a bit of overkill.
I wish I had enjoyed it more, but it was overrated and overpriced in my opinion.

1  Thank GirlFriday690