“Love the concept of cooking your dinner!”
Review of Love on the Rocks

Love on the Rocks
Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in Hopkins
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Watch your food being cooked on a 700F lava stone directly at your table. Stunning beach scene
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The place was very busy and our meal came on a platter with a stone that was heated to 500 degrees and we cooked our own steak and seafood. Was totally awesome. Plus we were entertained by local Belizean drummers. Cool!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Would recommend you do not pass up the experience here. We were served hot granite pieces on a platter with steak pieces, and you cooked them yourself. What a brilliant idea and we loved it at well as the manager Mike and his girlfriend who was always smiling and made us feel like part of their family. I wil surely come back here again on my next trip to Belize. The pasta was also some of the best on our whole trip!!!!!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Neat and fun way to cook great fresh fish, lobster and meats! Super hot granite slabs placed in the oven for 8+ hours and fresh from the ocean snapper and lobster....can't go wrong here!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

What an incredible experience! We LOVED this restaurant so much, we actually went two nights in a row. Mike (the manager) and his lovely 'Sunshine' were the perfect hosts to this adorable place. The food was amazing and the price was beyond reasonable. This is the type of restaurant that if there was anything like this in the states (which there probably never could be), would be an incredibly expensive and not nearly as fun and comfortable. It was so fun to cook your own meal on the lava rocks and the second night we were there, we got to enjoy the local drummers. This is a CAN'T miss experience in Hopkins. It is closed on Wednesdays so plan accordingly. I think this restaurant embodied what I loved about Belize-beautiful, remarkably friendly, delicious, fun and somewhere I want to return too!

1  Thank Whitney M
Reviewed January 21, 2012

A charming, nicely decorated and somewhat unique restaurant that serves very well prepared and healthy food...my husband and I had the seafood pesto pasta and it was one of the best pestos I've ever had - together with delicious seafood. There's not a great selection of salad greens in Belize but they put together a good house salad, too. Great ambience, Garifuna drummers & dancers made the evening really special