“Paradise”

Coconut Row Guest House
Ranked #1 of 18 Hopkins B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I was VERY pleased with my stay! I couldn't ask for more from the water pressure to the food! The rooms were very clean and the AC was wonderful. The food was excellent and the service was very friendly and willing to help at a drop of a dime every on their day off. When returning to Hopkins I will stay at Coconut Row every time! The location was right on the beach and very clean! I am sad I have to leave this paradise!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My first impression of Coconut Row was the personal touch. Damian and his wife Nessia,
really know how to take care of their guests. My room was clean and the staff was very helpful.

They set up trips for Joe with the local guides and the fishing was great! If you want a quiet and
and get away from it all environment this place is for you. It's beautiful and charming.

Room Tip: Any room at Coconut Row would be just fine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is a league above the rest.

The staff are all so engaging, friendly, motivated and happy that the guests feel so relaxed. What a great atmosphere and a wonderful place to call your home on vacation.

The rooms are very well cleaned, very well designed with everything you need and expect (air conditioning, fridge, hot water, good fans and lighting and extremely comfy beds)

I really would like to come back to stay here and I never say that!

Perfectly located, near the cash machine, near the markets, near the bars and restaurants and near the diving centres. This is so well located. The beach it sits on is the cleanest and well kept beach in Hopkins and quite frankly this hotel deserves a huge award.

Thank you Damion, Nisha and beautiful daughter for making our stay so special, and for helping us on our way with excursions and restaurant recommendations.

I will be back! One day!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mattk2112
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedroom beachfront villa. We had a spacious living room & kitchen as well. The a/c in the bedroom worked great, had great wifi, cable tv, amazing rooftop deck, beach chairs right off the front deck! What more can you ask for! The owner Damien was such a help, he helped us rent a car with the local agency so we could do a few daytrips on our own. The 2br villa would work great for a family or 2 couples as well. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I enjoyed experiencing the oceanfront view each morning with my coffee. This was an excellent place for relaxation and adventure as well. Beautiful views. Being right in the middle of the culture of the village was a beautiful experience in itself. This is not a highly built up tourist area, so the natural beauty and village life is preserved. Damian and Nisha were exceptionally friendly & welcoming. I had a great experience, would recommend. Something for everyone, unless you want concrete jungles & chlorine pools.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I don’t usually write reviews, but have been planning to write one for Coconut Row for months and just kept forgetting to.

I was traveling solo last December when I decided to return to Hopkins for the second time on my trip (I had to go back – you’ll understand once you’ve been to Hopkins. It is a special place, with incredibly friendly and genuine people).

When I first got to Coconut Row, I met Damian and asked if they had any rooms available. They did, but the rate was more than I had planned in my budget – so I headed off down the main road planning to stay at Yugadah (try Rosie’s food at Yugadah Inn – great grub, fun lady). It was hot out, and I only made it about half way there when turned around deciding I REALLY wanted air conditioning. Boy am I glad I did! The room I stayed in was large, super clean, and beautifully decorated with comfortable beds and cold air.

The beach right in front of Coconut Row is one of the best maintained in town – no litter whatsoever, raked every morning (and throughout the day as well) with comfortable hammocks, beach chairs and beautifully maintained grounds thanks to the hard work of the groundskeeper Benedict, who obviously takes great pride in his work. There is a nice patio area in front of the main building in which my room was located, with tables and chairs where you can sit and chat, or just relax and enjoy your morning coffee, a cold beer or a bite to eat.

What makes this place the best though is the people. The proprietors, Damian and Nisha, and their adorable little girl are some of the nicest people you will ever meet, and you will leave feeling like you’ve made some new friends. They are available to help you with any plans you want to make for excursions, to give advice on what to do and where to go locally, or just to sit and chat with you on a lazy afternoon. Damian even gave me a ride to the Dangriga airport when it was sadly time for me to leave, and we’ve kept in touch occasionally via email. Can’t wait to go back and visit again this next December!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed in the Sunrise suite for 3 nights and were thrilled about the whole experience. Right in the middle of the Hopkins strip we were close to places to eat, buy trinkets from locals and to see the village. The owner and staff were very friendly and gave us great tips for where to eat and adventure. The grounds were kept clean and comfortable. An overall excellent place for a relaxing vacation or a great hub for someone who is there to see the southern part of the country. They were a great value but they also gave us a discount for filling space between bookings which was unexpected and very appreciated. I'm sure we will be staying there again. Hopefully this great treasure isn't all booked up during our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
Parrot Cove Lodge
Almond Beach Resort & Spa
Belizean Dreams Resort
Belizean Dreams Resort
#2 of 13 in Hopkins

Been to Coconut Row Guest House? Share your experiences!