“warm water diving”
Review of Belize Underwater

Belize Underwater
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small groups diving and snorkeling adventures in Hopkins Belize on a large, comfortable, safe dive boat. We do trips to the Blue Hole, Glover's Atoll, Turneffe Islands and South Water Caye. As a certified PADI 5 Star dive resort, we offer courses and top notch rental equipment. Right next door to Beaches & Dreams, Parrot Cove Lodge, Villa Verano, Almond Beach Resort and Jaguar Reef Lodge.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I did our classroom and pool portion of our Padi course in Canada but the open water dive in June or September in the Canadian Rockies seemed daunting for beginners, Have the opportunity of a trip to Belize we chose to complete our 4 open water dives in warmer water.
HUA went above and beyond to obtain our course info from Canada and organize what we needed to complete the course, as well they did an assessment of our skill level of they were comfortable with our knowledge base. We did our 4 dives and went on to do another 3, Lucie, Declan and their team are above and beyond. The dives and what we saw have spoiled us and we can't wait to return.
November, 2011

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hopkins Underwater Adventures worked hard to make sure we got out to Glovers Reef in our small window staying in Hopkins. They are ultra friendly, allowing flexibility due to recovery from illness. They collected us from the village and sorted out with breakfast, both additional to the dive package. The equipment is brand-new, we went the day before so lots of time to make sure everything fitted correctly and a few different options on masks, fins etc. Dive masters Ralph and Bert were professional but great fun and took into account our asks and needs both during and between dives. Boat crew were also excellent. Dive site is stunning over at Glovers Reef and coral is near perfect. Superb day

1  Thank missykap
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lucky was our dive master (great guy), very experienced and I dove with him in 2005! Declan and Lucie showed professionalism with organization, equipment and knowledge. Down to earth folks who know what they're doing but in conversation and humor also enjoy life's experience. There was 5 of us, we had the whole operation to ourselves! I've always carried my own 'octopus' (reg and computer) everywhere, but their equipment was spanking new, so I probably leave all that lugging gear behind for our next trip down. I just found trip advisor in researching our trip to the ATM caves coming up in 2013, so I'm a little belated in posting this (our trip actually took place in April 2011) but better late than never. Great experience with Hopkins Underwater Adventures. I have to thank my good friends Sharon and Horace Andrews (renowned locals) for the reference!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our family had a great time diving and snorkeling with Hopkins Underwater Adventures over the Christmas holiday. I did my 4 open water dives and the instruction was very thorough and helpful. Declan explained all of the exercises before we entered the water making us feel prepared and at ease. The whole crew took safety first and made the experience both comfortable and enjoyable. Beyond being super knowledgeable and experienced, the staff were all really personable and fun. The lunches were tasty and gave us a nice respite before diving in again. We did all 4 dives at the South Water Caye Reserve. The last dive was the best because we went down to “The Wall” and saw beautiful coral and a family of sting rays swimming by. If you come to Belize, I highly recommend choosing Hopkins Underwater Adventures for incredible snorkeling and diving.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We recently traveled to Belize with an extended family group for Christmas. My son and I are experienced divers, but my daughter wanted to try it and my wife wanted to snorkle. Everybody wanted to see the Blue Hole. Declan and Lucie and their staff were exceptionally accomodating and helpful. Everyone had a fabulous time. My daughter did a resort course in the pool and was able to do some shallow dives with us at Glovers, my son and I got to dive the Blue Hole while my wife and daughter had an outstanding guided snorkle tour of the reefs around the hole. We were very impressed with everyone on their staff especially Ralph and Biggey. My daughter had a blast with Declan and plans to do her certification this Spring. When staying at Hopkins you have two choices for diving, HUA and Hamanasi. Both appear to be well run, but we were very impressed with the personal attention and quality of the service we got from HUA.