“Best Place to Stay!”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hopkins B&B and Inns
Plymouth, Indiana
“Best Place to Stay!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have been going to Hopkins for several years now. Our first stay there was at All Seasons Guest House. Ingrid, the owner, was so helpful and friendly. We stayed in the Orchid Room for most of our stay and moved to the Bamboo Room for the last night, as she had a prior reservation for the larger room. And, since she accommodated us at the last minute, we didn't mind working with her.
A/C is available in each room, but with the window open, you get a nice breeze all day & night so we never used the A/C.
We have been to Hopkins several times more and we always go to Ingrid first -whether at her guest house or one of the places directly on the beach, we have always enjoyed the best and friendliest hospitality with Ingrid! I would recommend going to her right from the start and she will find the best place for you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
california
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The usual manager, Ingrid, was out of town during my stay in the Almond Apt, so unfortunately, I had to deal with Mirko (who also runs next-door Flying Boat Adventures) & his girlfriend, Annette (who is also the cook in the All Seasons "restaurant"). Mirko was beyond rude to me, & then his girlfriend, Annette tried to defend him to me, rather than apologize. I have never seen such an unprofessionally run place before.

But then, no one seems very welcoming to tourists in Hopkins. It is a dirty town with tons of sandflies (I got 200 itchy, painful bites that no one warned me about), people burning trash in every other yard, unpaved roads that hurt you when riding a bike on them, lots of crime, & very few restaurants, unless you go to a resort.

But about All Seasons: I asked both Mirko & Annette to use the phone (which really should be provided in each apt. & room so people can book tours) & they said Yes. Upon discovering that I called another tour company from his, Mirko yelled at me for making 3 local calls (he was there while I was calling, for a total of 5-7 minutes). He said I'd have to pay for it, & was very rude. He told me that "It's not MY problem that you're so disorganized & need to call around to book a tour."

Also, here are some things that do NOT work for me there:

They provide the BARE minimum in the kitchen--no peeler, cutting board, colander, cooking utensils like spatula, etc. The hotplate is very old & barely works.

No TV & no A/C is suprising when paying this much

There are rats running on the rooftop/in the attic at night, barking dogs next door all night, & roosters starting around 5am daily. I slept *horribly* there!

There are ants & bugs everywhere in the house, & no one warned guests about the rampant sandflies on their beach (which you can't see or feel). There is no raft provided to lie on in the ocean, to avoid the sandflies.

There is no packet of information advising on places to eat in Hopkins.

Worst of all, when I e-mailed Ingrid to tell her my experience, I was ignored. It's very suprising to me that this place continues to be in business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jlefto
Dommel_10, Owner at All Seasons Guest House, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I am very sorry that you had a bad experience in Hopkins but your personal problems kept you from seeing things in the right perspective. I hope you feel better now. You didn't even gave me the time after my return to react to your two emails.
Ingrid
owner of All Seasons Guesthouse
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The room was fairly cozy but was very nice. Air conditioning is available, but with the windows open at night the room stays a perfect temperature. The water pressure in the showers is low, but the hotel has its own water supply. When the village water was shut off on our last night there, which happens from time to time, the hotel still had water for hours, and when it ran out, they immediately brought us fresh water for no extra cost. The beach is just a short walk away. The hotel is on the edge of town but a half a mile away from the action at most. Most of the staff is incredibly friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Oregon
Reviewed March 4, 2013

First off, All Seasons is comfortable and clean. We, however, had several concerns. We booked the Butterfly Room five months in advance and reconfirmed two weeks before arrival. Yet, when we arrived, our room was occupied. So Ingrid, the owner, moved us to a much smaller cheaper room. Ingrid was just leaving for her vacation, and didn't seem concerned. Most of the All Seasons rooms are not on the beach, but across the road and over a 100 yards from the beach which means no beach view or cooling on shore breeze.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My gf and I stayed here for a week while in Hopkins, we also stayed at 3 other places in belize ranging from 70-150 US per night and this was by far our favorite. Its not what I would call 'fancy' but it's very affordable, clean, quiet, has a beautiful outdoor sitting area and Ingrid the owner is very helpful. Also they have a great breakfast place attached thats literally steps from your door where you can also book tours, get tips on places to go, etc. Even if you don't stay here I highly recommend stcopping in for breakfast, most mornings I could barely even finish the whole meal ($6-7 US) because it was so much food.

Room Tip: Butterfly room gets a lot more light than the jungle room, so if you're an early riser thats a g...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I cannot say enough about the hospitality that Ingrid provided us on our stay.. there was a mix up with our reservation and Ingrid handled it by giving us an upgrade at a lower rate. How can you not like that. Annette delivered a stellar breakfast every morning before we left to encounter the many attractions around Hopkins. Its not just a diving and snorkeling stop. I hope to make it back to Hopkins and stay with ingrid at the All Season's Guest House...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We first came to Belize and All Seasons eight years ago and have wanted to return ever since. We finally made it back to Hopkins and our memory of Ingrid’s hospitality and care was a big reason for our return (and the fact that we actually did see a jaguar our first time there!) As is evident in all the other comments, Ingrid’s welcome and hospitality is still as great as ever. The only difference is that her success has allowed her to expand the number of rooms and accommodation options without losing her warmth and attention to detail.

Eight years ago we stayed in one of the main guest house rooms which was wonderful. This time we chose to stay in the Cabana a mile and a half (maybe two?) down the road towards the Sittee River past the resorts. For us this was ideal. We loved the quiet and privacy and the cabana is thoughtfully laid out. However as Ingrid points out on the website, without your own transportation this may not be ideal for everyone. We used the two bikes at the cabana to ride into the village to buy food and to eat at a couple restaurants (highly recommend Innies!) but you might not want to ride there and back every day or be wanting to ride back at night without lights or you might not want to ride at all if you are not a bike rider. If this is the case take advantage of All Seasons other options in the village! There is also a new house being built next door to the Cabana (workers were there from 9-5) and while there was some noise it was not excessive and not a problem for us.

Hopkins has grown quite a bit since we first visited which is somewhat inevitable but it is still charming, wonderful and a little bit off the beaten path. As long as Ingrid and All Seasons is there, you will have a good place to stay.

Room Tip: All Seasons now has a variety of great accommodation options but consider if you want to be closer t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple