All reviews captain larry plunge pool swim up bar fish adventure desk cave tubing house restaurant belize city golf cart guest services butterfly spa horseback riding zip lining sittee river mayan ruins paddle boards rented a car
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I love this place! The second I stepped on the property all my load was lightened. The staff was so welcoming and took care of every little detail from the very first second to the last. It is the most beautiful resort I have seen and stayed at. Marvin, Paddle House bartender, by far makes the most delicious, sexy drinks I have had. By the way, he is an AMAZING artist as well. Erwin at The Dock Bar was my friend every day. Such a spectacular view and the drinks are on point! I let Erwin make me whatever drink he wanted and loved them all. Edgar and Elvin, always warming and genuine. Thanks to Larry and Dennis; always making me laugh and feel like I was part of the family. The two ladies in the Activities Center, Noelle and Kendra. Those ladies made sure I did all my activities and I did a lot. They both were so patient with me in answering the numerous questions I had. Much appreciated ladies. Mario and Pete are wonderful and very knowledgeable guides and enjoyed my time. Most my activities were on land, so I had spent more time with Mario. I can’t find the words to express the beauty that the land offers. It’s breathtaking. I had already started planning my next trip before the one I was on ended. I had one of the best times in my life and am looking forward to my next trip. And yes, I will always return to The Lodge at Jaguar Reef.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the moment we stepped onto the property until we departed 2 days later, the staff was attentive and the food tasty and fresh. There was always a smiling face when speaking with anyone on the property and everyone was most accommodating! Ashley and Minor were great as well as Shakira and Patrick. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and there were plenty of options for lounging. The new Palapa dock bar was so fun! We enjoyed cocktails and swimming. There has been a great attention to detail making this resort a 5-Star experience! When in Hopkins we will definitely be staying at Jaguar Reef!!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Michelle R, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Jaguar Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful review. We really appreciate you taking time share your experience with us. We are thrilled that you had a fabulous stay with us and that you were treated to that warm Belizean hospitality by our staff. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority. We are blessed to have Ashley, Minor, Shakira and Patrick as members of staff. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent five wonderful days in Hopkins. We took the shuttle from the Dangriga air strip and arrived earlier than expected, but the resort knew to come early for us. Everyone we met was friendly and hospitable. We enjoyed the amenities on the property including a water cooler in our room for hot and cold water, a Keurig, complimentary SUPs, Kayaks, and beach chairs. They have several connected properties and everything is a short walk. The food and drinks were great, better than most other resorts we've visited. They really take pride in the presentation and use quality ingredients. The bartenders are very talented and can make you anything you want, it will taste amazing!

With Noelle's help and knowledge of fun activities, she booked us a trip to the Jaguar Preserve in the Cockscomb Basin Forest. Mario was our tour guide and the best tour guide ever! He is extremely knowledgeable about history, birds, animals, and plants. We hiked to a waterfall and swam getting to take in the beautiful scenery while learning new things too. Highly recommend going out to the jungle.
We went diving with "Belize Underwater" and saw so many under water creatures including nurse sharks, eagle ray, sea turtles, and lobsters.

Being the rainy season, there were not many tourists in early Sept. It felt like we had the place to ourselves. It only rained in the early morning so it never affected our days.

We ventured off site and went to some other nearby restaurants and bars. Getting around was easy and we felt safe the whole time. Hopkins is a special place for sure and undiscovered by the masses. So go soon and enjoy all that it has to offer.

Date of stay: September 2019
Michelle R, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Jaguar Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to write this amazing review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation and that Noelle guided you to great activities offered by our Adventure Desk which allowed you to experience both jungle and beach. We are blessed to have staff who truly put guest satisfaction as their number one priority. It was our pleasure to host you and we hope to see you again.

Come back and see us!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When visiting Hopkins (The Lodge at Jaguar Reef) you have to stop by and get one of Bruno’s drink specials at the swim up bar. He’s awesome, he has phenomenal hair, and his drinks are unforgettable!

Once you’ve enjoyed a drink or two make sure you hit the Adventure Desk and say hello to Noel and Larry. They will get you hooked up with snorkel gear, Hobi Cats, or whatever water toy you need.

Great love and smiles my these key staffers at Jaguar Lodge!!!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you taking time to share your wonderful review. I'm sure Bruno will love to know that his hair, along with his drinks brought smiles to your time with us!! We are thrilled that you had a lovely stay and that you were treated to the warm Belizean hospitality of our terrific staff! Guest satisfaction is our number one priority. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was large and accommodating, more like an apartment with a kitchen, living, dining room, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. But from the moment we entered we were treated like royalty and that was so amazing and did NOT change over the course of an entire week. The main folks that were over the top were Miguel, the bartender, Shakira who went so far as to make me a cup of ginger tea as we were leaving because my stomach was upset, Captain Larry and Dennis who worked the activities. Dennis took us for a hobie cat trip up and down the coast and was the most amazing person to get to know. We all thoroughly enjoyed this trip and although all employees were great, these four will do anything they can to assist you and ensure you have a great stay. Looking forward to returning! One side note, I would stay away from the Butterflies Spa, it is US priced and the quality of service does not deserve the cost you pay, be forewarned!

1  Thank Michelle F

Thank you for taking time to write such a lovely review. We are happy that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you were treated to the warm and welcoming hospitality that is the foundation of Belizean hospitality. We are blessed to have staff such as Dennis, Capt. Larry, Miguel and Shakira!! Guest satisfaction is our number one priority! We count ourselves lucky for guests like you!

We look forward to your next visit!