I'll admit, when we went from a large airplane, to a smaller airplane, to an even smaller airplane - I thought "What have I gotten myself into??" Then we landed on a dirt road in the middle of a field surrounded by a jungle and any tropical drinks I might have had to soothe my jitters had since worn off. Following a dusty ride through a little town my fears ended. We came to Shangra-la! My first experience in the Caribbean was meant to be the first of many. It was so beautiful, so relaxing, the staff was wonderful - one whose name we remember - Denny - would literally shimmy up a palm tree at a moments notice to get us a fresh coconut for a rum punch whenever we asked. Ask to take out the little sailboat and help was at hand. Everynight they combed the sands around the property to make them pristine again. The food was wonderful - even for me a rather picky eater. I had to remark to the cook one day that everyone was commenting on how good the eggs were - I being from farm country originally knew that these people had probably never had eggs fresh from the chickens running around! One day I asked the girl at the desk where to get the beautiful fabrics they wore - not only did she offer to take me to her grandmother's house (who sewed), she picked up yards of the fabric for myself and another woman at the resort. When have you had anyone treat you like family in a resort in some of the US towns? All in all we would return in a heartbeat - but we have been busy trying every Caribbean Island since then - but our favorite is still Jaguar Reef/Almond Beach Resort - stay in the honeymoon cottage - you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Proud member of ViVA BELiZE, the leading Hotel Group and Adventure Company in Belize for the past 20 years. This beachfront resort is- A Diver's Paradise offering a unique Jungle and Sea Venture. It is an oasis of relaxation, with sunny skies, panoramic views of the ocean and just minutes away from the Garifuna Fishing Village of Hopkins. Other features of Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa: -WINNER 2015 TripAdvisor HALL OF FAME Award -PADI 5 Star Dive Centre -FULL Service In-house Spa -Longest & Finest Beach in Belize -Pool with Swim up Tiki Bar -Kids pool -Beachfront Dining -Water Sports & Land Adventure Tour Desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaguar Reef Hotel Hopkins
- Jaguar Reef Resort
- Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa Belize/Hopkins