After leaving the hustle of Baltimore/D.C, my boyfriend and I left for Belize the morning of June 9th and arrived at the Jaguar Reef Lodge around 12pm Hopkins time. (The lodge arranged the airport travel from Belize City to Dangriga where we were picked up by one of their staff and transported to JRL) From the moment we stepped into the vehicle, we were given a wonderful & light-hearted tour/education about the Hopkins area, what tours we should definitely check out, the top bar in Hopkins, the friendliness of the Hopkins residents, and the different plant and animal species we may or may not see. Upon our arrival, we met King who welcomed us by reviweing our package, showing us around the lodge and providing us with a complimentary cocktail - all within 6-7 minutes!! We stayed in a Cabana that wasn't considered ocean front - but in reality all of the cabanas are ocean front. By day 2 everyone at JRLknew our names and treated us as family. We had a blast!! We participated in the Cayo Maya Ruin tour; went snorkeling along wonderful reefs and toured the Sitee River (where we saw crocodiles and had the pleasure to witness a boa constrictor at the top of a tall tree that had just caught an iguana!); horse back riding through citrus fields into jungle and relaxing/swimming at a clear spot on the Sitee River; and a night jungle trek. The last thing we wanted to do was go fishing and had signed up for the fishing trip to take place on the following day. Wednesday evening around 6:30 pm, we happened to wander into the reception area and were going on about our fishing adventure scheduled to leave the next morning. Andrea, one of the hotel clerks started going through paper work and exclaimed that we were scheduled to leave the next morning! We were stunned - we had lost track of the time!
Although we weren't able to go fishing, we had a magical time! This is the place to go if you want to relax and get lost. The staff is friendly and JRL is clean. A special thanks to Becky, Tino, Cipriano, King, Charleton, Ruby, Adolfo and anyone else I missed. We wanted to escape and you allowed us to do just that and at our own pace. We'll be back to get that fishing trip in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Proud member of ViVA BELiZE, the leading Hotel Group and Adventure Company in Belize for the past 20 years. This beachfront resort is - An Untouched Paradise offering a unique Jungle and Sea Venture. It is an oasis of relaxation, with sunny skies, panoramic views of the ocean and just minutes away from the Garifuna Fishing Village of Hopkins. Other features of Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa: -WINNER 2015 TripAdvisor HALL OF FAME Award -FULL Service In-house Spa -Longest & Finest Beach in Belize -Pool with Swim up Tiki Bar -Kids pool -Beachfront Dining -Water Sports & Land Adventure Tour Desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaguar Reef Hotel Hopkins
- Jaguar Reef Resort
- Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa Belize/Hopkins