My husband and I stayed at Jaguar Reef in Hopkins for our Honeymoon November 4-11.
We LOVED it! We want to keep coming back to Belize and would definitely stay at Jaguar Reef again and tell all of our friends about it! We stayed in a Beachfront Cabana/Casita, which sits about 15 feet from the ocean and you awaken to the beautiful sound of the waves crashing on the beach.
The cabana we stayed in was very nice- simple yet perfect. The shower is HUGE and features a large ledge you can sit on. It was a nice size TV that we watched like 2 times the whole week. There is also an outdoor shower connected to the cabana. The bed is also very large and pretty comfy. The rooms are cleaned every day or every other day!
The resort itself is not too big, so everything is in a short walking distance.
It has a 2 pools on location, one with a bar. They have a spa, which we didn't utilize so I can't review, and a cafe with an assortment of snacks and ice cream-good!!
They have bikes and kayaks you can use free of charge- fun!
The main building were you check in and can ask questions also in the dining room and bar.
The food is GREAT! We ate breakfast and dinner everyday there and enjoyed every meal.
All the staff that work at Jaguar Reef are incredibly friendly and we made friends with a few of them! :)
They offer several adventures and my husband and I went on 3- Waterfall Hike, Cave Tubing, and Snorkeling. I would certainly do the Waterfall Hike if you like being in nature. Our guide told us a little about the park the hike went through, talked about different vegetation, culture, and just had fun with us. At the top of the hike there is a waterfall you can jump in and a natural pool to swim in! The Cave Tubing was interesting and pretty fun as well. You paddle in an individual inner tube through a stream and into a cave, in the cave you walk and tube about 3 miles and learn about the Mayan Indians and different rituals, you also see a few artifacts. It is all in the dark, except a small lamp on each persons head. I would not recommend for children under 10. You eat lunch in the cave. Snorkeling was awesome! :) Belize has the second largest Barrier Reef in the world and you snorkel in 2 locations. This was our first time snorkeling and we got the hang of in very quickly. We saw stingray, lion fish, barracuda, lobster, and MANY other fish.
Hopkins town is a short bike ride away and we went into town to buy a few snacks and medicine for my husbands ear damage he received on the initial airplane ride.
We also ate at a local restaurant and had Garifuna (an African cultural group) Cuisine- we had two diff soups and they were both pretty good! We met a local who took as to the Drumming Center and they did a little concert for us in the Garifuna language- which we paid for. LOL.
We long to go back to Jaguar Reef in the near future- the resort is great, the people are awesome, the history of Belize is fascinating, it is family-friendly, has adventure opportunities and the relaxation of the Caribbean as well. GO! :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Proud member of ViVA BELiZE, the leading Hotel Group and Adventure Company in Belize for the past 20 years. This beachfront resort is- A Diver's Paradise offering a unique Jungle and Sea Venture. It is an oasis of relaxation, with sunny skies, panoramic views of the ocean and just minutes away from the Garifuna Fishing Village of Hopkins. Other features of Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa: -WINNER 2015 TripAdvisor HALL OF FAME Award -PADI 5 Star Dive Centre -FULL Service In-house Spa -Longest & Finest Beach in Belize -Pool with Swim up Tiki Bar -Kids pool -Beachfront Dining -Water Sports & Land Adventure Tour Desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaguar Reef Hotel Hopkins
- Jaguar Reef Resort
- Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa Belize/Hopkins