Stayed with 13 and 16 year old, in a 2 bedroom suite, which was large and spacious. The whole family had a great time.
Staff genuinely friendly.
Restaurant great atmosphere, on beach with open doors and breeze. Good food and reasonable prices.
Nice pools, with warm water, swim up bar, hot tub.
Virtually all rooms right on the sand.
Tours/excursions well run, only include hotel guests.
Friendly small town nearby (Hopkins) with golf carts availble to rent for $25 US for 2 hours.
Ocean very warm (April)--felt like 90 degrees temp. Was walk-in warm, like bath water.
Great snorkelling/diving (though requires boat ride; no snorkelling off the resort beach). Water warm and very clear.
Mayan ruin tours available (you can climb on the pyramids still) and an awesome "ATM" cave tour with Mayan ruins in the caves.
A few elegant restaurants are neaby on the beach. We didn't go into the town of Hopkins to eat (too lazy!)
Sand flies annoying but don't cause nearly as much itching as mosquitoes. I'm still not sure if DEET repelled them or not. Most people just shrugged them off as an annoyance; not a vacation-ruiner.
Room decor a bit dated--this is not "marble and granite" luxury but is still very nice. TV in our room was laughingly tiny; no phones. No room service.
WiFi only in lobby/restaurant, not rooms.
Food prices reasonable but tour prices seemed a bit on the high side (though well run and limited to hotel guests only).
OVERALL a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Proud member of ViVA BELiZE, the leading Hotel Group and Adventure Company in Belize for the past 20 years. This beachfront resort is - An Untouched Paradise offering a unique Jungle and Sea Venture. It is an oasis of relaxation, with sunny skies, panoramic views of the ocean and just minutes away from the Garifuna Fishing Village of Hopkins. Other features of Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa: -WINNER 2015 TripAdvisor HALL OF FAME Award -FULL Service In-house Spa -Longest & Finest Beach in Belize -Pool with Swim up Tiki Bar -Kids pool -Beachfront Dining -Water Sports & Land Adventure Tour Desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaguar Reef Hotel Hopkins
- Jaguar Reef Resort
- Jaguar Reef Lodge & Spa Belize/Hopkins