All reviews sea chalet german shepherds gumbo limbo yoga room private beach beach house coconut palms sittee river comfortable accommodations happy place big resort walk into town spent days each morning on stilts fish ocean breeze
Selected filters
Reviewed December 19, 2018

We booked another location on the recommendation of a friend and had a number of mishaps (i.e. late-, multi-night local celebration and water issues). We had stopped by Jeanie's earlier in the day as they were the only ones open who had paddleboards available for rent (Belize runs on a later schedule than the standard American one so finding a place that was open on a Thursday at 9 am was a bit of an adventure). The property managers/owner were lovely people (Lindon & Jasmine/Jeanie). We were given the paddleboards for half the day and had a beer at their property. Lindon and his wife were very nice. Lindon gave us a tour of the property and open cabanas. A number of the cabanas are right on the water and the others that are set back a little ways were within eyesight (reasonable eyesight, not "I have to squint because I can't see that far" distance). They are also close to (but far enough set back from) a road that is outside of town so you don't hear any car traffic in the night. I thought it was lovely and was super bummed that we hadn't reserved it.

We went back to our other place and discovered that the water wasn't working. We cancelled our final night at that location and went down to Jeanie's in the hopes that they had something available for our final night in Hopkins. Lindon had the Sea Chalet open. I think we might have gotten it right after the other couple who had it below in December (who actually liked it). The location was amazing, the people were lovely. We joined them for dinner. Lindon's wife (many apologies if Jasmine is not your name - I'm horrible with names) introduced us to a fruit called soursop which will blow your tastebuds and your mind. We squeezed in a final kayak (guests have use of the kayaks and paddleboards free of charge) before we headed down to Placencia (where I spent time wishing we were at Jeanie's despite awesome gelato at Tutti Frutti). There is yoga on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings but we missed Friday's due to the yoga instructor having an emergency. We will definitely be coming back and recommending this place to anyone who is heading to Belize.

I'm not sure what happened to the reviewer below who had such a bad experience but this was definitely not our experience. The other couples who were staying at the resort around this time (mid-December) all seemed crazy contented (meaning smoochy and cuddly, not miserable) with the property and the services provided. I'm sorry to see that the previous reviewer's experience was at odds with what we experienced. I will mention that there are many animals in Belize but this group was particularly clean with their property. I never saw any animal feces (domesticated or otherwise).

Room tip: Speak to the property directly to get the best room recommendations. There was no AC so please be aware of this.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

We just spent 5 days in the Sea Chalet. It was amazing. The cabana was approximately 50 feet from the water with great views for the sunrise. There was free access to kayaks, paddle boards, bikes and WiFi. The room was clean and immaculate. There is a beachside bar that is very cool with great music. Jeanie, the owner, was always present and ready to chat! Jasmine and Linden run the place so smoothly and are class acts. Julie is a wonderful cook! Be sure to say hi to Honey, the resort cat, and to Tara, Havana, Cuba and Pepper, the resort dogs. They are very polite!:) I would highly recommend this resort!!

1  Thank 436nikkis
Reviewed December 2, 2018

Jungle Jeanie’s is a unique spot on a wonderful beach, a fun experience, and adventure all in one. You will enjoy the natural jungle setting and cute comfortable cabanas but you will fall in love with this incredible woman, Jeanie, who gives so much to her community and guests. Jungle Jeanie is like a movie star in this part of Belize, loved and respected by all. Stay here and she and Belize will touch your life. The perfect getaway.

Date of stay: December 2018
Jungle J, Manager at Jungle Jeanie's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review!

Reviewed November 26, 2018 via mobile

I could not have imagined staying anywhere else besides Jungle Jeanie's. The beach is beautiful, the cabanas cozy, the people are extremely kind, the food delicious, and they will help with whatever needs you may have. We came for part vacation, and part exploring, and the management was capable of helping us with every step of the process. If and when I come back to Belize, I guarantee this will be the place I come.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2018

Jungle Jeanie's by the Sea will be my new "happy place" when I need to remember good times. The property is down to earth and we found it way more preferable than the big resorts. My husband and I spent 4 nights in the Sea Chalet waking to the ocean waves and singing birds. In the mornings we would take out a kayak and glide over the mirrored waters of the Caribbean sea. We saw Manta Rays jumping in and out as they ate breakfast, and watched Manatee noses pop up for air. Julie, our chef, would then make us a yummy breakfast before we returned to our sand chairs, (and rum punch) for the day. We were able to walk into the sandy bottom of the beach for about 30 yards before the water got over waist level. One day we swam with 3 gentle Manatees, I see now why they are known as sea cows! We always looked forward to dinner, one night Julie prepared lobster and another night fresh red snapper. Jeanie and manager Lyndon were excellent hosts and made us feel welcome and comfortable. Hopkins is a great town with local music and an interesting culture. If you go, check out Jeanie's place, you won't regret it!

Date of stay: November 2018