“So So......nothing special, waste of good money!”

The Ship Batu Ferringi
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“So So......nothing special, waste of good money!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is my second time here...........I should have learnt the first time!!!

The service is just horrible, the staff do not seem interested at all. 'The Ship' itself is very dark, dram and really dated and they really need to do something about the washrooms - really disgusting!!!

Food wise, its pretty basic........the steak was ok, nothing to beat my mum's steak and the veggies cold and really sad looking. The baked potato was really dried out and the condiments in short supply.

In short, its not brilliant and I probably will not cross its doors again anytime soon. Oh by the way, DO NOT GO NEAR THE CHINESE FOOD SECTION!!!! It's really grim!!!!!!!

It is a real shame really as 'The Ship' in Kuala Lumpur is just brilliant - great food and brilliant staff and service. Both restaurants are in the same chain.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Awesome food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend treated me a dinner here as the Hard Rock Cafe was full. I have never been here before but he had come to this restaurant few times. He's quite good with food taste so when he suggested to come here, I'm sure he liked the steak much. I liked the environment. I ordered a black pepper beef steak, medium cooked. I'm satisfied with the steak, perfectly cooked, very tender but probably the choices of vegetables can be upgraded to others eg broccoli and carrots instead of cabbage and long beans. Overall I'm happy with the steak and will come back if I have the opportunity.

• Visited July 2013
“The bad services in town”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We used to have our family dinner in that place. Those day the food and service are excellent but now terrible. This is the first terrible restaurant in my experience. Firstly i order well done rib eye steak, it come with medium cook with very strong smelly, then tell them the problem they bring back and came back to me is taste like rubber gum and full with carbon. 2nd order Escargots were also burned. The mushroom soup is like a glue. I do accept the food are bad because they might change a new chefs but I can't even accept the waitress service is so rude and not friendly at all to the kids. It is not advisable to have food in this restaurant especially with the kids, you will make them feel so Cross!!!

Singapore, Singapore
“Nice Ambience”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Interesting outlook of the building, shape of a SHIP. Like a big ship went ashore. Nice ambience with above average food standard. Escagots are good! If you don't like to eat at those outdoor eateries, this will be a good hang out place for food.

• Visited November 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Great steak”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you are looking for western food whilst in Georgetown Penang then go to the Ship in Sri Bahari Road.
You won't be disappointed. They do a really lovely English soup which I needed last year because I had picked up a bug and it was all I could keep in.
We went again this year and nothing had changed. The food was great. My steak was cooked medium and was fantastic. It is a very clean restaurant and the toilets are extremely clean. Only thing is if you like mustard then don't bother asking. The manager made me some from scratch but it was terrible(bless him)

• Visited June 2013