“A very pleasant stay”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Singapore
“A very pleasant stay”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel is a very good four star hotel. My family and I spent a very pleasant weekend at the hotel recently and already my children are asking when we can go back. The pool at the hotel is a lovely salt water one with plenty of sun lounges placed alongside the pool and dotted throughout the hotel grounds along with several hammocks, just the thing for lazing the day away. The pool, indeed the whole grounds are shaded by large Casuarina trees which make it very pleasant on hot days. The beach at Batu Ferringhi on which the hotel is located, whilst lovely to look at (all rooms have some sort of sea view) is unsuitable for swimming. The water doesn't look clean and there are a number of water sports- para sailing, banana boats, jet skis going on all day which make swimming dangerous if not impossible. If it's beach you are after, Langkawi is a much better option. The hotel itself is newly renovated and the rooms are modern and well appointed, we took a Delux room which had a separate room for the children, who slept on a very large day bed. We could have had an extra bed but didn't need it. Unfortunately and this is where the hotel falls down in my view, the bed was very firm- it was one of the modern slat types. The bathroom was large and modern, with a great overhead shower. Strangely there was no separate bathroom door, so anyone walking into the room could see into the shower and toilet. The bath in our room at least, was on the balcony, a very nice touch. There was also a day bed on the balcony to admire the view. The food at the hotel (we only dined in the Bungalow) was only so-so. The massages at the spa were good. The rooms were well air conditioned and the free wi fi, worked a treat. We didn't have much time to explore Penang, but would recommend Hi Tea at the E&O Hotel or having a drink at the bar there. The E&O is very similar to Raffles Hotel, Singapore though without the grounds of the Raffles. The children enjoyed the night market , which is located just out front of the hotel and a burger at the Hard Rock cafe a short taxi ride away. Unfortunately we didn't get much time to try Penang's famous street food - next time!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
MarcoGB, General Manager at Lone Pine Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
Dear VJSingapore,

I trust the month of March has commenced positively and everything is well for your family & indeed you.

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our services during your recent stay at the Lone Pine Hotel.

Your comments have been passed on to the respective department heads to share with their staff, to let them know that their efforts to provide quality service are being appreciated by you.

MARCO G. BATTISTOTTI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Stayed with two boys aged 13 and 10 and grandparents. We all had a great time. Boys loved paragliding from the beach and grandparents loved relaxing by the pool. Rooms were very big and beautifully furnished, great room service, very comfy beds and top rate bathrooms. Good night market within 5 mins walk. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
DearAlice294265,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 16, 2011

The all-new Lone Pine is stunning! The additional wing marries so well with the old building, lending it a contemporary feel. The rooms are very well appointed. There are little plunge pools on the balcony - perfect for little ones to play in or for a dip with a glass of wine in hand! There's the swanky BatuBar and a Japanese Restaurant. And, there's a Spa too!

If you've not visited The Lone Pine, GO! You'll soon find it's like coming home.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
MarcoGB, General Manager at Lone Pine Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Dear vijik,

I trust the month of February has commenced positively and everything is well for your family & indeed you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 16, 2011

It was a beautiful location and the rooms was superb in terms of its spaciousness, with a small patio to enjoy the sea breeze. There were hammock hanging between the trees for the extra feeling of being totally relax. The feel of the hotel is modern with colonial charm. The moment we walked into the lobby to check in, we were instantly transported into a really relaxed settings with plenty of space. The concierge were alert and came out without being prompted to help us with our bags. The staff were all so helpful and friendly.

On top of being there for a holiday, my husband and I had our wedding celebrations.

It was a dream wedding for me and my husband in Lone Pine Hotel, the staff was excellent in terms of their attentiveness to details, willingness to cater to our needs and their initiative in ensuring the whole wedding celebrations went on smoothly. The location is beautiful with the garden setting overlooking the beach/sea. We had a beautiful day to begin with, sea breeze in our hair, sunset was perfect, garden was set up with beautiful white chairs, flower petals lined the path... Even the food at the buffet line was outstanding!

I have only fond memories of my holiday and wedding there at lone pine! I sincerely and highly recommend Lone Pine as the wedding destination of the year in Malaysia.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AngelaTeh
Dear AngelaTeh,

Long Valley, New Jersey
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We spent 2 nights at this hotel and were very impressed. The room was spacious with large bed and great shower. The outside balcony facing the ocean has an outdoor bathtub which offers a nice romantic touch.

The pool is nice with good food served for all meals at decent prices. The beach was also very clean with no crowds.

Overall a very nice hotel and we will be back for more

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
MarcoGB, General Manager at Lone Pine Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2011
DearBfmacSingapore,

sydney
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We arrived after midnight to check-in, and the staff were expecting us, with welcome drinks and a big smile. we were shown to our room, and the recent renovations were evident, very nice design, comfy beds and large bathroom, with a plunge bath on the balcony. Nice to hear the sound of the waves lapping the shore too.
I was rather shocked though when I entered the bathroom to find that the floor was very dirty around the toilet area, and there was even tissue on the floor. But being almost 1am we just wanted to sleep, so we reported this the next morning. It may have just been bad luck on our part, but house keeping didn't come to make-up our room the next morning either. By 3pm we decided to ask again if housekeeping would clean our room. It was finally done at around 3.30pm. Don't really know what the problem was.

Breakfast was very good, buffet with 2 chefs to cook eggs, roti, noodles (great roti and chicken curry).and all of the staff were attentive and smiling. The hotel and the gardens are beautiful, however the outside corridor to our room overlooked stagnant rubbish filled water, and a car park that is used to set up the night markets.
Because this hotel is 40 minutes by taxi from Georgetown ( something that I didn't realise when I booked) we decided against making the trek into town because we were only there for 1 day. Mmmmm, there is nothing to do in Bata Ferringhi during the day, if you don't want to go para-sailing or jet-skiing. You need to have a car to get around.
But, it is a perfect opportunity to try out a massage or treatment at the spa. The 1 hour massage and 1 hour reflexology treatments are fantastic. I have to say the massage was one of the best I've ever had.
We had some minor problems with the internet access point in our room and when they couldn't fix the problem, they offered my partner access to their computers at reception. And when he needed to print out some building plans, they kindly did them for him at no charge! The staff really were very helpful.
The night markets are right outside from the hotel, and the food was pretty good there as well.
Overall this is a very nice boutique hotel, and I recommend it if you want to rest, and swim in the pool. Though in hindsight it probably not the best choice for us due to it's distance from Georgetown, and the fact that we were on our way to Langkawi for a beach stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear princessbuttercup66,

I trust the month of Febrruary has commenced positively and everything is well for your family & indeed you.

Sunshine Coast
Reviewed January 19, 2011

After being majorly disappointed with our short stay (one night) at the Parkroyal we moved to the Lone Pine for the following six nights. Everything about this hotel was great, it was more of a boutique style hotel. It was very clean, staff were great and so friendly. Only downside is you have to be quick in the morning to get a sun bed by the pool but there is lovely gardens/ grass areas with sun beds anyway so we weren't too bothered. We looked at several other hotels Including the new Hard Rock before choosing this one as we didn't want anything like the Parkroyal and this one was def the best.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
MarcoGB, General Manager at Lone Pine Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2011
Dear Nikki63,

I trust the month of January has commenced positively and everything is well for your family & indeed you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Batu Ferringhi
PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
#11 of 84 in George Town

Been to Lone Pine Hotel? Share your experiences!