Lone Pine Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La(Batu Ferringhi)
D'Feringghi Haus(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Bayview Beach Resort(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Rasa Motel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)
  • Breakfast included
1,577 results
All reviewsbungalow restaurantcasuarina treesday bedboutique hotelsuper deluxe roomplunge bathnight marketflip flopssound of the wavesceiling fansister hotelrotimini barthird floorpublic beachchar kway teowpremier room
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Good:
1) Classy, old-school colonial-feel hotel.
2) Breakfast was a pretty decent spread, both local and Western taste.
3) Security to ensure the public doesnt 'wander' into the premise of the hotel - especially via the beach.

Bad:
1) Baby cot not ready (even when wrote & got written confirmation on request) upon arrival.
2) Pool needs better management. I can understand that there is not much can be done for falling leaves, but when I see staff cleaning the pool at 9am, it doesn't seem right. I've observed other places cleaning theirs at 7am!
3) Discovered the outdoor tub at the balcony of our room (#207) was leaking. Would not fill up. Found at in the morning we were due to check out so not much sense to request for a different room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kIaihC
MarcoGB, General Manager at Lone Pine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2011

Dear kIaihC,

Sunshine Greetings from Malaysia’s Premier Boutique Beach Resort!

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback that we have received through Trip Advisor.

Please allow us to take this opportunity to extend our sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations during your recent stay at the hotel. We have taken note of our short comings and have taken all the necessary actions to ensure that we improve on this aspect. It is through valuable comments and feedback from guest like your good-self that constantly motivate us to work harder and improve our services and raise the standards of the hotel.

Lone Pine Hotel always strived to achieve a long and mutual satisfying relationship with all our guests so we hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Once again a sincere word of thanks and wish you and your family a great week ahead.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I had already booked my accommodation in Penang but I had come across this hotel and proceeded to have a look at their rooms online. So I booked a night in the Super Deluxe Room. I must say my stay was perfect. Coming from the Hospitality Industry, I tend to be fussy with certain aspects right from reservation till check out.

My reservation process was done via Ms. Tejmine and she was absolutely the best way to start off my experience with Lone Pine Hotel. She was accurate and prompt. Upon check in, I was given my multi purpose adapter which I had requested during my reservation. Its these small aspects that make the trip all the more memorable.

The room was simply wonderful. The balcony had a day bed along with a nice marble bath tub or soaking area. The service of their staff are commendable and worth experiencing. I shall definitely be back again for another trip.

Room Tip: Our room had 1 complimentary jet ski session worth half an hour so check if you are entitled to this great value add on service.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DirOfRevenue

Dear DirOfRevenue,

Sunshine Greetings from Malaysia’s Premier Boutique Beach Resort!

I trust that the week has been wonderful and productive for you and your family. It was really fantastic to have read your wonderful comments during your recent stay at the Lone Pine Hotel and that have made it more satisfying for all of us to learn that we have managed to fulfil the expectations of another guest.

The hospitality industry is indeed challenging but most fulfilling when we have a guest like you expressing your satisfaction to the whole world and pledging to return and visit us.

Please rest assured that your comments have been acknowledged by the management of Lone Pine Hotel and have been duly passed on to the respective department heads to share with their staff.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at the property again soon, and trust that future visits will be just as enjoyable.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

WOW and THANK YOU, this is the best way we can describe our stay at Lone Pine.

Great location, great staff, great food at all the outlets, Bungalow, Matsu (Japanese) restaurant & the Bajubar for snacks & Happy Hour cocktails and not forgetting the Pure Energy Spa centre

We flew in from Shanghai after a 14 day China tour and from the time we arrived until the time we left we felt like VIP's; this is what hospitality is all about. All the staff created an experience for us we will not forget; thank you.

Note: Be aware that the Muslim prayer blares from loud speakers on the Mosque situated in front of the Golden Sands Resort (next door) that may wake you up very early in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RonLorri

Dear RonLorri,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

On my first trip to Penang, I have no clue at all where to stay, until my friend suggested me to book a room at Lone Pine Hotel, which recently renovated.
It's a bargain if you book via internet. They have a great deal on it.
In our arrival, my first impression is, wow, this is a very nice hotel! We are greeted by friendly staffs. Quick check-in, they provide us with welcome drinks also. Nice reception lounge.

I only book their deluxe room, which is the cheapest of all, but, when I entered the room, it's beyond my expectation.... I'm in love with my room. They really into details, all neat. Cool bed, bathrooms was awesome, amenities was perfect. I even have my own whirlpool in my balcony.Yes, (u read it) my own whirlpool in my own balcony. I feel like having my "honeymoon" moment.

The surroundings were leisure heaven, nice pool, nice pines trees all over the yard....
They complimented me with dinner at their Japanese restaurant, Matsu, which taste quite good.
The breakfast on Bungalow was really good, and came in a very wide range of foods...

Overall, it's a nice experience I had there. I hope to come back whenever I go to Penang.
It was really a quick stay with long-lasting impression.

Room Tip: Ask for second or third floor rooms that give you both swimming pool and beach-view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Dear nedyprast,

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I spent a weekend here in September between business meetings, and this was the perfect 2-day getaway. The hotel is quite charming; the room was spacious and stylish, and I particularly loved the outdoor tub on the deck. They serve a scrumptious breakfast in the restaurant with a view of the beach. In addition the hotel is right on the main road in Batu Ferringhi so there's easy access to the local sites. That being said, when you're at the hotel it is still surprisingly tranquil!

Room Tip: Don't miss a visit to the Golden Thai Seafood Restaurant, an easy walk down the street. It's a tad cheeky but the fresh seafood is fantastic!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
MarcoGB, General Manager at Lone Pine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear jmasci,