“A gem in the city”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A gem in the city”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I had already booked my accommodation in Penang but I had come across this hotel and proceeded to have a look at their rooms online. So I booked a night in the Super Deluxe Room. I must say my stay was perfect. Coming from the Hospitality Industry, I tend to be fussy with certain aspects right from reservation till check out.

My reservation process was done via Ms. Tejmine and she was absolutely the best way to start off my experience with Lone Pine Hotel. She was accurate and prompt. Upon check in, I was given my multi purpose adapter which I had requested during my reservation. Its these small aspects that make the trip all the more memorable.

The room was simply wonderful. The balcony had a day bed along with a nice marble bath tub or soaking area. The service of their staff are commendable and worth experiencing. I shall definitely be back again for another trip.

Room Tip: Our room had 1 complimentary jet ski session worth half an hour so check if you are entitled to this...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DirOfRevenue
MarcoGB, General Manager at Lone Pine Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
Dear DirOfRevenue,

Sunshine Greetings from Malaysia’s Premier Boutique Beach Resort!

I trust that the week has been wonderful and productive for you and your family. It was really fantastic to have read your wonderful comments during your recent stay at the Lone Pine Hotel and that have made it more satisfying for all of us to learn that we have managed to fulfil the expectations of another guest.

The hospitality industry is indeed challenging but most fulfilling when we have a guest like you expressing your satisfaction to the whole world and pledging to return and visit us.

Please rest assured that your comments have been acknowledged by the management of Lone Pine Hotel and have been duly passed on to the respective department heads to share with their staff.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at the property again soon, and trust that future visits will be just as enjoyable.

MARCO G. BATTISTOTTI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Airlie Beach, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

WOW and THANK YOU, this is the best way we can describe our stay at Lone Pine.

Great location, great staff, great food at all the outlets, Bungalow, Matsu (Japanese) restaurant & the Bajubar for snacks & Happy Hour cocktails and not forgetting the Pure Energy Spa centre

We flew in from Shanghai after a 14 day China tour and from the time we arrived until the time we left we felt like VIP's; this is what hospitality is all about. All the staff created an experience for us we will not forget; thank you.

Note: Be aware that the Muslim prayer blares from loud speakers on the Mosque situated in front of the Golden Sands Resort (next door) that may wake you up very early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RonLorri
Dear RonLorri,

Jakarta
Reviewed October 31, 2011

On my first trip to Penang, I have no clue at all where to stay, until my friend suggested me to book a room at Lone Pine Hotel, which recently renovated.
It's a bargain if you book via internet. They have a great deal on it.
In our arrival, my first impression is, wow, this is a very nice hotel! We are greeted by friendly staffs. Quick check-in, they provide us with welcome drinks also. Nice reception lounge.

I only book their deluxe room, which is the cheapest of all, but, when I entered the room, it's beyond my expectation.... I'm in love with my room. They really into details, all neat. Cool bed, bathrooms was awesome, amenities was perfect. I even have my own whirlpool in my balcony.Yes, (u read it) my own whirlpool in my own balcony. I feel like having my "honeymoon" moment.

The surroundings were leisure heaven, nice pool, nice pines trees all over the yard....
They complimented me with dinner at their Japanese restaurant, Matsu, which taste quite good.
The breakfast on Bungalow was really good, and came in a very wide range of foods...

Overall, it's a nice experience I had there. I hope to come back whenever I go to Penang.
It was really a quick stay with long-lasting impression.

Room Tip: Ask for second or third floor rooms that give you both swimming pool and beach-view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear nedyprast,

Hopkinton NH
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I spent a weekend here in September between business meetings, and this was the perfect 2-day getaway. The hotel is quite charming; the room was spacious and stylish, and I particularly loved the outdoor tub on the deck. They serve a scrumptious breakfast in the restaurant with a view of the beach. In addition the hotel is right on the main road in Batu Ferringhi so there's easy access to the local sites. That being said, when you're at the hotel it is still surprisingly tranquil!

Room Tip: Don't miss a visit to the Golden Thai Seafood Restaurant, an easy walk down the street. It'...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
MarcoGB, General Manager at Lone Pine Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear jmasci,

Blue Mountains
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed for two nights in October 2011 and were very surprised by Lone Pine.

Newly renovated over 12 months ago, the hotel still had that new hotel feel. The rooms were spacious and had an excellent layout. The bathroom was a delight with a uniquely designed shower room.

The pool was excellent - the perfect way to cool down after shopping in Penang (which was also excellent value for money).

The buffet breakfast had a good selection of western and Asian food. The chefs made eggs to order.

Considering its location near to the main room, we were never bothered by road or street noise.

We will definitely be staying there again on our next trip to Penang.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank monstu
Dear monstu,

Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed here for a long weekend in September. The hotel is beautifully designed and the rooms are light, airy and peaceful. Breakfast was reasonable. The bar has sime interesting and imaginative cocktails! The beach isn't great, but that's not the hotel's fault. Good location for wandering around the night market in the evening. Hotel offers a convenient free shuttle service into town. Don't book an airport transfer through the hotel, it's very expensive- instead get a taxi from the airport, much cheaper.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Jessicam_hk,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Had a very relaxed week at this really nice hotel. Great pool only yards from the sandy beach. huge room and bed, very comfortable, one of the best beds we have ever slept in. Staff are all friendly and polite and food was good ,especially the week-end buffets which were tremendous value with a great selection of treats. certainly recommend this smaller hotel with the personal touch. There was a wedding on the Sat + Sunday nights that we were there but the festivities ended around 11 p.m. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: overlooking the pool is best- first or second floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

#7 of 11 in Batu Ferringhi
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
#11 of 84 in George Town

Been to Lone Pine Hotel? Share your experiences!